Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Dynos - Injen CAIs and Stillen HFCs - Not Safe For HR Owners :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
rtiid22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
Plus, I saw on a website that they offer hydro-lock shields if you are worried about the rain water hitting them.
Exactly why I brought this up.. on injen's website they're selling them for 50 bucks but I didn't think it was necessary so I thought I'd ask to be safe/keep money in my pocket.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by rtiid22
Exactly why I brought this up.. on injen's website they're selling them for 50 bucks but I didn't think it was necessary so I thought I'd ask to be safe/keep money in my pocket.
You are in Florida and you guys get hit harder than those of us in California so I would just play it safe if I were you. You are looking @ $50 versus a couple thousand to fix. With the shields you get protection (not sure how much) just stay out of large puddles or don't drive the Z in stormy weather. Im curious to see if the shields would hurt the air flow to the intakes though. Worse case scenario, you keep the shields on during the rainy season and take them off when it goes away.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
A.H

Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
8cd03gro

If you are in a situation that you could hydrolock in, those shields aren't going to do a thing. There is naturally some water in your engine as a product of combustion. If any water get's in the filters, it will evaporate before it get's into the combustion chamber. If there is enough getting past to not evaporate, you are going to be screwed anyway.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
Sorry, I must have jinxed you on Saturaday

I have a feeling it might be the Cats, You might need to stuff the tube with some brillow wire stuff (hit me up I have a whole bag of the none powder having kind).

It definitely is leaning, you need a tune with the setup you have. Like I said on Saturday, I plan on going to TechnoSaquare in March after I get all my stuff installed. If Rob can tune by then I will try him first (since its close by) but if not I will take the 6 hour drive to Torrance.

Thanks for the ride BTW. Huge difference from stock
HAha... no, you were like the third person to tell me that they thought I'd get a CEL/SES light.

Rob checked it out and he says it's not running rich or lean, but they are getting too hot - whatever that means - same code for bank 1 and 2 after-cat. I could have it wrong too - I dunno. He said he would install some O2 sensor extension pipes so they are set back a little. There are no extension tubes on the Stillen HFCs. So when I come in for the tune, I'll get the extensions installed at the same time. He cleared the code even though I don't care - it'll prolly come back at some point until I get the extensions and tune.

I was thinking a carpool to torrance for a technosquare tune would be a lot of fun. But I really want a local tuner to go to. I also want a fairly aggressive tune that I can use at sea level in moderate conditions and then another tune that I can use when I am going on road trips and might run into tripple-digits and altitudes of 10k feet.

With the Cobb, I could switch back and forth easily. I let Rob know that's my preference, but he's still checking stuff out so who knows. I think Cobb or Osiris would be cool with Cobb having the slight advantage IMO. Let Rob know wat you're interested in.

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 01-19-2009 at 06:05 PM.