Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, it was a 2007 3.5HR
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubidium
Stillen is always great at making you do unnecessary mods to the car to get their **** to fit. Just like their Gen III intakes, could have made brackets like the injens instead of drilling into the radiator core holder.
this kind of thing has always been my experience with stillen products. its like everything is an afterthought and you have to either ruin or remove a bunch of parts from your car to use it .. so lame.

never touching their stuff again. their cs is abysmal as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Manjot

Originally Posted by Entaille
this kind of thing has always been my experience with stillen products. its like everything is an afterthought and you have to either ruin or remove a bunch of parts from your car to use it .. so lame.

never touching their stuff again. their cs is abysmal as well.
Very well said.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:46 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if this has been posted before..here are some detailed pics of Stillen install on a VQ37..same as that for 350Z HR.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/beshoff-s...l-t497533.html

Last edited by ronn1; 10-30-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
SoCal07HR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronn1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-X5PuZyIs

Only 5lbs boost 318HP. 60HP gain. (click on vid see comments).
7lbs should give 340-350ish.
That doesn't belong in this thread.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by SoCal07HR
I suggest you take a look at several previous posts on this thread....they're about the Stillen SC. I know there's an FI thread too, but if we're talking about the *HR* application, it could also go here.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
kakashishin

I suggest you take a look at several previous posts on this thread....they're about the Stillen SC. I know there's an FI thread too, but if we're talking about the *HR* application, it could also go here.
I agree with Socal, it doesn't belong because it doesn't apply to the HR motor. You can't really use the "the DE motor supercharger was garbage so the HR one is the same thing argument here." I also think that the HR supercharger is like a unicorn in the sense that it I haven't seen a dyno on the thing, and I haven't even seen more than the one picture the stillen guy put on last time.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 PM
kakashishin

I stand corrected, I do see a dyno on it and I still am skeptical, lol.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
SoCal07HR

If that was a video of the Stillen HR supercharger it would certainly belong here. However, that video is their roots DE charger.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
ronn1

If that was a video of the Stillen HR supercharger it would certainly belong here. However, that video is their roots DE charger.
My bad..I didn't know that. I'm going to delete the video post.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
ronn1

This has been deleted since it's not the newer Stillen SC. Otherwise it would have belonged in this thread.
I suggest you delete your reply to get it off the thread to avoid confusion.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM
SoCal07HR

Good man and agreed it definitely would have.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
ronn1

Good man and agreed it definitely would have.
Would be a good idea to delete your response which still has the vid in it
At least delete the VID portion if you want your response to remain.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
SoCal07HR

Would be a good idea to delete your response which still has the vid in it
At least delete the VID portion if you want your response to remain.
Aww, but then people reading over this thread wouldn't know what we were all talking about. I think I'll leave it as is, the thread flows so much nicer with it in here.

Question for the member actually running the Stillen HR supercharger on his HR: any plans to pulley down and get a custom tune to see what this thing is capable of? I'd like to see what it puts down with the SC running at max rpm.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
ronn1

Question for the member actually running the Stillen HR supercharger on his HR: any plans to pulley down and get a custom tune to see what this thing is capable of? I'd like to see what it puts down with the SC running at max rpm.
I think this is the post you're referring to...
377WHP/279WTQ
https://my350z.com/forum/9399641-post331.html

I contacted him. He used 7lb pulley and advises a custom tune. Said canned tune wasn't doing it for him (rated it 4 out of 10). I would be more conservative. However, I don't know if those results were with the canned tune. Stillen will NOT issue a CARB sticker without having the canned tune.
I would not want more than 350WHP and 7 lbs...but that's just me here in Calif.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 PM
bena1916

So like many of you I've been tracking the Stillen kit for quite some time and while it seems like all the folks over there say their VQ35HR kit is CARB approved they never will directly answer if they have the actual CARB EO stickers on hand. Also if you go to CARB approval data base http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php and you scroll down to the Stillen products there is no EO entry for the VQ35HR (see extract below for two most recent Stillen entries). Now obviously it could be it's CARB approved and the list just isn't updated. However, with respect to the VQ37HR it seems that Stillen was advertising that the kit was CARB approved at least several weeks before the actual EO was signed. Their blog announced on Sept 7, 2011 they had achieved CARB approval but the date was really on Sept 23, 2011 as verified below.

Also in speaking with Stillen it's a bit confusing as to which vehicle they actually have a tune for to go along with their turn key kit. I was told that they had an AT tune but didn't have any MT or Nismo (not sure if the Nismo would need a slightly different tune) one. So if that's the case how can they claim they have a CARB approved kit (when you have to use their tune) if they don't have a tune for your car?

So what does this all mean--seems to me when it comes to this CARB approval deal Stillen isn't exactly being forthright and it makes me wonder if I really want to do business with them. Kind of a bummer that they're the only game in town right now for an almost CARB approved solution.

It would be great if Kyle from Stillen would step in and give us the latest story on CARB approval and exactly which vehicles they have a turn key kit for.

EO: D-436-15 View PDF
EO Date: 8/31/2009
Manufacturer Name: Stillen Sportparts or Steve Millen Sportparts, Inc.
Device: Stillen Supercharger Kit
Device Type: Supercharger System / Supercharger Modification
Part_Number: Model_Specification: Modification_Allowed: Remarks:
See PDF The Stillen Supercharger Kit consists of a Magnuson Products, Inc. supercharger assembly that is rated at a maximum boost of 6.0 pounds per square inch. The kit also includes an upper intake manifold, replacement fuel pump, a supercharger bypass valve, an add-on fuel injector that uses a metal fuel rail (5.6L applications use additional fuel injectors for even fuel distribution), an intercooler, and a stand alone fuel management unit. Installation of the supercharger kit requires the rerouting and replacement of the positive crankcase ventilation hose; the new hose has a SAE30R7 rating. All fuel lines added are manufactured out of metal. The kit retains the stock air cleaner housing.

EO: D-436-17 View PDF
EO Date: 9/23/2011
Manufacturer Name: Stillen Sportparts or Steve Millen Sportparts, Inc.
Device: 3.7L Supercharger Kit
Device Type: Supercharger System / Supercharger Modification
Part_Number: Model_Specification: Modification_Allowed: Remarks:
407770 or 407770P 2008 to 2012 model year Nissan 370Z and Infiniti G37 passenger cars The 3.7L Supercharger Kit consists of a Vortech Engineering V-3 supercharger assembly that is rated at a maximum boost of 8.0 pounds per square inch using a 3.125” supercharger pulley and the stock crank pulley. The kit also includes an open element air filter, replacement fuel pump, a new set of fuel injectors, a bypass valve, an intercooler, and a new ECU calibration. The breather hose is replaced with a new hose with a SAE30R9 rating. No changes are made to any fuel lines and the stock radiator thermostat is retained.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by bena1916
So like many of you I've been tracking the Stillen kit for quite some time and while it seems like all the folks over there say their VQ35HR kit is CARB approved they never will directly answer if they have the actual CARB EO stickers on hand. Also if you go to CARB approval data base http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php and you scroll down to the Stillen products there is no EO entry for the VQ35HR (see extract below for two most recent Stillen entries). Now obviously it could be it's CARB approved and the list just isn't updated. However, with respect to the VQ37HR it seems that Stillen was advertising that the kit was CARB approved at least several weeks before the actual EO was signed. Their blog announced on Sept 7, 2011 they had achieved CARB approval but the date was really on Sept 23, 2011 as verified below.

Also in speaking with Stillen it's a bit confusing as to which vehicle they actually have a tune for to go along with their turn key kit. I was told that they had an AT tune but didn't have any MT or Nismo (not sure if the Nismo would need a slightly different tune) one. So if that's the case how can they claim they have a CARB approved kit (when you have to use their tune) if they don't have a tune for your car?

So what does this all mean--seems to me when it comes to this CARB approval deal Stillen isn't exactly being forthright and it makes me wonder if I really want to do business with them. Kind of a bummer that they're the only game in town right now for an almost CARB approved solution.

It would be great if Kyle from Stillen would step in and give us the latest story on CARB approval and exactly which vehicles they have a turn key kit for.
This was my PM exchange with Josh at Stillen:

Amazing that no announcement has been made here, since the *audience* for the HR is a much larger one than the G37 and 370Z! Is this kit for the 350Z HR CARB approved now as well? Have all the tunning glitches been worked out?

Thanks
Ron
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron,

We have quite a few of these kits out in the wild, but like anyone we like to get some examples working before we push forward hard with marketing. Yes, it is CARB approved, and the tuning for most is working great. We do however see some ECU's that are down on power with the canned tune, and we have made minor tweaks to get that power back. Most of the tuning troubles we had were very early on with the 3.7L kits, and worked with UpRev extensively to iron out issues within the ECU, and those have been working very well
Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Earmuffs

Originally Posted by jgregory124
Here are search results how do any of these pertain to what im looking for?

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8980706

Ive been around for awhile, not a noob.
Response of Fail=nothing productive to add, but im going to post ***** any way....f@g

LULz so true...
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM
archangel72

Any updates with this kit on the HR, I read the magazine article with the stillen charger on a 370.

Quick Reply: Stillen Super Charger for the HR?