Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Stillen Super Charger for the HR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by welderz
They're currently developing a kit for the 370z but I don't think it's going to be another roots type blower. I don't think it will be easy to fit it to the HR maybe impossible because they have different heads.
so......

what does having different heads have to do with anything?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:38 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jgregory124
Why what is your argument? Good gains, boost when u want it Stillen makes a great product....warrantied and great tech support.
SOLO and I came from the maxima world.. Stillen made one hell of a SuperCharger.. Vortech Blower actually.. and it made great gains.. the 4th Gen Maxima was 170 whp.. with a Stillen SC you could get to 265 whp.. almost close to 100 whp gained.. everyone loved it..

however when it came to the 350z.. stillen made a supercharger which was only putting out 40 - 50 whp over stock.. which isn't bad, but its counterparts are doing double that with less effort. The most a Stillen SC has put out is 320 whp with heaving supporting mods and the highest amount of boost possible... every other FI Kit for the 350z puts out 320 whp right out of the box.. then adding boost puts it even more to shame..

the Stillen SC Kit cost close to what all the other FI Kits cost, plus you will have to buy another hood because it doesn't fit and it out of the box the Stillen SC puts out only 20 whp more than all the possible bolt on's for 350z.. hence my statement of stay N/A or explore other avenues..

until Stillen fixes this situation... i will continue to tell people not to waste their money.. but in the end its your money.. and your choice.. i've seen people in a bar pay $300 for a bottle of grey goose and in the Liquor store in CT its less than $50.. but again.. your money.. your choice.. i'm only here to tell you what i know and hope you listen

I can introduce you to about 6 people who went from Stillen SC to a TT Kit and havn't looked back.. people who i argued with ages ago.. lol .. i think i also argued with SOLO about it too.. and he was for the Stillen Kit..
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM
jgregory124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
SOLO and I came from the maxima world.. Stillen made one hell of a SuperCharger.. Vortech Blower actually.. and it made great gains.. the 4th Gen Maxima was 170 whp.. with a Stillen SC you could get to 265 whp.. almost close to 100 whp gained.. everyone loved it..

however when it came to the 350z.. stillen made a supercharger which was only putting out 40 - 50 whp over stock.. which isn't bad, but its counterparts are doing double that with less effort. The most a Stillen SC has put out is 320 whp with heaving supporting mods and the highest amount of boost possible... every other FI Kit for the 350z puts out 320 whp right out of the box.. then adding boost puts it even more to shame..

the Stillen SC Kit cost close to what all the other FI Kits cost, plus you will have to buy another hood because it doesn't fit and it out of the box the Stillen SC puts out only 20 whp more than all the possible bolt on's for 350z.. hence my statement of stay N/A or explore other avenues..

until Stillen fixes this situation... i will continue to tell people not to waste their money.. but in the end its your money.. and your choice.. i've seen people in a bar pay $300 for a bottle of grey goose and in the Liquor store in CT its less than $50.. but again.. your money.. your choice.. i'm only here to tell you what i know and hope you listen

I can introduce you to about 6 people who went from Stillen SC to a TT Kit and havn't looked back.. people who i argued with ages ago.. lol .. i think i also argued with SOLO about it too.. and he was for the Stillen Kit..
I understand what your saying but on an HR what would the gains be? HRs mod a little better, so is 40-50whp accurate? Im making 270 now so 45whp gains from the DE Stillen SC would put me at an estimated 315whp.
Full bolt on HR Zs are making 318 i.e. A.H.'s car. Cost for HFCs, Headers, Tune, Catback, and Injen CAI is what $3 Grand less labor. Im looking for 375 to 425whp nothing more.
If I can get there with the Stillen SC for the HR with out changing the hood that is the avenue Im going to take.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
welderz

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
so......

what does having different heads have to do with anything?
You're right I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. It would only matter if it was a roots blower that had to bolt on to the heads. It should be pretty easy to adapt the kit to the HR if it was a centrifugal blower.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
doug

I understand what your saying but on an HR what would the gains be? HRs mod a little better, so is 40-50whp accurate? Im making 270 now so 45whp gains from the DE Stillen SC would put me at an estimated 315whp.
Full bolt on HR Zs are making 318 i.e. A.H.'s car. Cost for HFCs, Headers, Tune, Catback, and Injen CAI is what $3 Grand less labor. Im looking for 375 to 425whp nothing more.
If I can get there with the Stillen SC for the HR with out changing the hood that is the avenue Im going to take.
like i said.. if its worth it to you.. go for it.. if you can make 318whp bolt on's.. and then pay $5,000/$6,000 to get to 360whp and be satisfied.. then thats ok, however keep in mind every other form of FI will be putting you at 450/460whp at around the same price..

one other thing i forgot to mention.. Stillen did a **** poor job with the Split Second Box on the DE and the Stillen SC even though putting out less HP than all its FI counterparts had the highest number of blown stock motors.. that and the SS Box was locked so no one could adjust it
Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
jgregory124

like i said.. if its worth it to you.. go for it.. if you can make 318whp bolt on's.. and then pay $5,000/$6,000 to get to 360whp and be satisfied.. then thats ok, however keep in mind every other form of FI will be putting you at 450/460whp at around the same price..

one other thing i forgot to mention.. Stillen did a **** poor job with the Split Second Box on the DE and the Stillen SC even though putting out less HP than all its FI counterparts had the highest number of blown stock motors.. that and the SS Box was locked so no one could adjust it
To me any thing over 450whp(after market power I should say) is not very streetable, my car is my DD and I track my car......TT 8 grand and over to do it right 12 grand plus.......I know several people who have blown their motors due to being able to turn up the boost with the turn of a ****....with the SC you have to physically take off a pulley and put one back on......keeps you honest
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
doug

To me any thing over 450whp(after market power I should say) is not very streetable, my car is my DD and I track my car......TT 8 grand and over to do it right 12 grand plus.......I know several people who have blown their motors due to being able to turn up the boost with the turn of a ****....with the SC you have to physically take off a pulley and put one back on......keeps you honest
i know you won't believe me.. but i daily drive 560whp.. and its very streetable.. you control it with your feet.. you give what you need.. you pull back what you don't need.. i also have a EBC .. never saw the need to increase the boost when my brain told me not to.. then again i'm 32 years old this year so i have alot of self control
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
jgregory124

i know you won't believe me.. but i daily drive 560whp.. and its very streetable.. you control it with your feet.. you give what you need.. you pull back what you don't need.. i also have a EBC .. never saw the need to increase the boost when my brain told me not to.. then again i'm 32 years old this year so i have alot of self control
Im 28 and I too have self control, as to why I have not jumped on the HR TT ban wagon as soon as it was released.
On the same note I have an automatic how streetable is 560whp in a auto?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 PM
doug

Im 28 and I too have self control, as to why I have not jumped on the HR TT ban wagon as soon as it was released.
i couldn't tell you personally, but from results in the FI Forum.. those at about 500whp have VB upgrades and they are very happy
Old 05-13-2009, 01:27 PM
jgregory124

i couldn't tell you personally, but from results in the FI Forum.. those at about 500whp have VB upgrades and they are very happy
Right but there lies another problem.......Im big into supporting mods but d@mn just to drive the car we are talking about another grand for VB, to do it right trany cooler $400 more then lets go ahead and replace the torque converter another grand here. So out of the box just the supporting mods are $2400 plus any hiccups along the way just in the trans.
I dont know man thats $8500 just to speak of.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
doug

Right but there lies another problem.......Im big into supporting mods but d@mn just to drive the car we are talking about another grand for VB, to do it right trany cooler $400 more then lets go ahead and replace the torque converter another grand here. So out of the box just the supporting mods are $2400 plus any hiccups along the way just in the trans.
I dont know man thats $8500 just to speak of.
if i were you.. i would do those things even with the stillen kit.. thats why i was saying staying N/A might be better than an investment in a kit for minimal gains
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM
jgregory124

if i were you.. i would do those things even with the stillen kit.. thats why i was saying staying N/A might be better than an investment in a kit for minimal gains
I understand that......I just dont want to spend the money twice, thats why Im waiting on info on the stillen kit
Old 05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by welderz
You're right I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. It would only matter if it was a roots blower that had to bolt on to the heads. It should be pretty easy to adapt the kit to the HR if it was a centrifugal blower.
You sure? I dont think theres any difference in the size or shape of the heads in the HR compared to the VHR. I bet a roots blower would be able to fit both.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
That One Dude

I don't think buying a supercharger would be a good idea man... At any rate.. I think it might be just a little on the "Pricey Side."
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

with a proper VB upgrade and you dont WOT everywhere you go, very streetable. hell, im sure Veyron owners dont have any problems driving a 1000hp car around town.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
NISMO_558

^ i'm sure veyron owners wouldn't be driving around town with the secondary key inserted for the full 1001 HP.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Nexx

^ i'm sure veyron owners wouldn't be driving around town with the secondary key inserted for the full 1001 HP.
i dont see why they wouldnt unless they are completely retarded and cant control their right foot.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
brady

I too would be interested in getting a HR s/c from Stillen if it was ~$3.5k ish.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The 2nd key affects the aero package )wing and diffuser), not the horsepower.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
The 2nd key affects the aero package )wing and diffuser), not the horsepower.

Quick Reply: Stillen Super Charger for the HR?