SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/4469...-at-uprev.html
Old 07-23-2009, 10:04 PM
r.evlineD_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats great, theyre good guys..

ive been slacking on mine, but soon ill get headers, tp's and a tune...right now with my intakes and exhaust, my car feels fast, i was steady with an evo x gsr w/ stated "350 awhp 335 awtq" from a 2nd gear roll..hope mine is a factory freak so i wont have a reason to trade it in for a 370z

Originally Posted by Phenom
Yeah Adam did it. It's a great shop, really knowledgeable guys there and they're real good at what they do.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM
biggersNISMO

wow, 277 on a stock motor is freaky!!!

and here i am with 262whp on my fully bolted HR...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by biggersNISMO

Take numbers with a grain of salt........what type of dyno did you use?

I've seen HR's dyno in the mid 240's on a dynodynamics.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:19 AM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by biggersNISMO

Same here on a mustang dyno with mods in my sig. But the mustang dyno I was on was set to default mustang dyno settings. Which from what my tuner says, is 10% less than dyno jet numbers. You can never really compare numbers across a online community, there are too many variables. The only thing that matters is the gain from the mod added.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Same here on a mustang dyno with mods in my sig. But the mustang dyno I was on was set to default mustang dyno settings. Which from what my tuner says, is 10% less than dyno jet numbers. You can never really compare numbers across a online community, there are too many variables. The only thing that matters is the gain from the mod added.
100% correct.....it is becoming common place for shops with other load bearing dyno's to attempt to correct or compensate them to dynojet numbers. Plus it makes them look better if their dyno spits out a high number. Mustang and Dyno Dynamics uncorrected read about 8-10% below a dynojet on SAE. It is almost impossible now a days to compare any dyno numbers.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 07-24-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Peak350

With loadable dyno's (anything but most dynojets really) you can change the loading rate (vehicle weight is usually the variable) and get a different horsepower reading. If the shop wants to be known for having a high reading dyno, they'll do that, it makes customers happy, if the shop wants to be known for being conservative (Forged as an example) they will do that. If a shop has a dynojet it reads pretty consistent.

My order of dyno preferences though is:
Dyno Dynamics
Mustang
Dynojet

You can look at it as gain as a percentage, if you gain 15% on one dyno you'll gain about the same % on another...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Peak350
With loadable dyno's (anything but most dynojets really) you can change the loading rate (vehicle weight is usually the variable) and get a different horsepower reading. If the shop wants to be known for having a high reading dyno, they'll do that, it makes customers happy, if the shop wants to be known for being conservative (Forged as an example) they will do that. If a shop has a dynojet it reads pretty consistent.

My order of dyno preferences though is:
Dyno Dynamics
Mustang
Dynojet

You can look at it as gain as a percentage, if you gain 15% on one dyno you'll gain about the same % on another...
Well said.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
j_greene

When are people going to stop being so damned concerned about peak hp numbers!?
Take it to the track and lets see what kind of acceleration difference you can expect. Peak hp alone won't make you a better driver or make your car faster.

This isn't directed toward anyone but I'd like to see more people getting excited over their times rather than dyno numbers. I know the dyno seems to be everyones measuring stick but I think everyone should start getting some real world numbers to compare.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by j_greene
When are people going to stop being so damned concerned about peak hp numbers!?
Take it to the track and lets see what kind of acceleration difference you can expect. Peak hp alone won't make you a better driver or make your car faster.

This isn't directed toward anyone but I'd like to see more people getting excited over their times rather than dyno numbers. I know the dyno seems to be everyones measuring stick but I think everyone should start getting some real world numbers to compare.
Luckily you're not the first person to come up with that idea. We have an entire sticky thread dedicated for exactly that.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 AM
ChuckD05

i had my car tuned and and dyno'd at performance motorsports, its an 03 g coupe full bolt ons and i put down 279hp 255tq @ 106k miles, on a motor that was on its way out (since has blown and was replaced by them at performance motorsports in remarkable time, i dropped the car thursday at 12 and it was ready for pickup friday at 2pm ! ) ... i had it tuned first in PA and i put down 268hp on a dynojet at rt tuning...

the dyno may read a little high but its the gains before and after that matter...

adam is completely legit and knows what he is doing, they are incredible in that shop and do great work and have great customer service... a ton of good guys in there. I have no problems sending people to them or paying for them to work on my car...

yes there dyno def reads a little bit high, and its consitant with everyone who goes there.. its just what it does... so take the total with a grain of salt and look at the improvements of the car. Uprev does more for your car than just give you peak HP ... well worth every penny

Last edited by ChuckD05; 08-08-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I thought RT used a dynojet? So the old dying motor put 279 at Performance and new fresh motor put out 268 on RT's DJ?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
BigMo350z

So this means I should be around 318 whp!! no tune yet! Installed turbo xs tp's about 2 weeks ago! Can't wait to purchase a tuning device and get this tuned! 325whp! is amazing for N/A!

Nice work!

Last edited by BigMo350z; 08-08-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by BigMo350z
Nice so I should be around 318 whp!! no tune! Can't wait to purchase a tuning device!
What?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:44 AM
ChuckD05

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I thought RT used a dynojet? So the old dying motor put 279 at Performance and new fresh motor put out 268 on RT's DJ?
Hey, My mistake, you are correct... RT does use a dynojet....

My OLD motor did put down 279 at performance motorsports in Smithtown, NY and that same OLD motor put down 268 on Vince's dyno at RT , I went in to Performance and dynoed there to see what i would get on their machine for the heck of it , and found some scary A/F ratios, something happened between the time I tuned at RT and my dyno at performance ( right next to my house ) where my tune was off drastically off and my A/F was very wacky ... I do not know why or how it happened but i do know it left RT just fine and he did a great job, just my luck i guess... Vince from RT was very helpful in that situation, and faxed my dyno sheets to Adam at performance and showed him the a/f , curves etc... When Adam was done the curves were very similar and a/f was spot on to where it originally was ( give or take a little bit here and there ) .... But thats a whole other story.

My new "used" 32,000 mile motor I just put in has 80 miles of my use on it with a brand new comp stage 2 clutch and flywheel , i have not dynoed that motor yet, still using the same tune for now... And my thread i just posted asks if this tune is very necessary or not... I'm not really sure if the parameters should all be the same on the two different engines.

Last edited by ChuckD05; 08-08-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:46 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Nice so I should be around 318 whp!! no tune! Can't wait to purchase a tuning device!
What?
you heard him he's gonna purchase a tuning device...

Last edited by KingBaby; 08-08-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:48 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
Hey, My mistake, you are correct... RT does use a dynojet....

My OLD motor did put down 279 at performance motorsports in smithtown, NY and that same OLD motor put down 268 on vince's dyno at RT , I went in to Pefermance and dynoed there to see what i would get on their machine for the heck of it , and found some scary A/F ratios, something happened between the time I tuned at RT and my dyno at performance ( right next to my house ) where my tune was off drastically and my A/F was very whacky ... I do not know why or how it happened but i do know it left RT just fine and he did a great job, just my luck i guess... Vince from RT was very helpful in that situation, and faxed my dyno sheets to adam at performance and showed him the a/f , curves etc... When adam was done the curves were very similar and a/f was spot on to where it originally was ( give or take a little bit here and there ) .... But thats a whole other story.

My new fresh motor i just put in has 80 miles of my use on it with a brand new comp stage 2 clutch and flywheel , i have not dynoed that motor yet, still using the same tune for now...
Alright I gotcha.....what other mods do you have?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:49 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by KingBaby
you heard him he's gonna purchase a tuning device...
318......without a tune......no .
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
ChuckD05

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Alright I gotcha.....what other mods do you have?
Injen CAI, Kinetix V+ , test pipes, Greddy Evo2, Competition Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, and Osiris ..... just listed them in my sig... I had the UR crank pulley but chose not to install it on this engine...

money is tight these days so i was not able to get the pair of headers I wanted to throw them on while my engine was out ... I want either the Nismo Headers or Crawfords, I have decided I am not going to skimp on them .... I would possibly go for strup headers but I would still want the crawfords so it would just be a waste...

Im most likely going to get the pair of crawfords when the money is there, and have them installed and re-tuned... The shop hopefully will throw my car on the dyno for a pull just to make sure my A/F is good ... im not worried about pulling the most power outta this motor just yet if the tune isnt perfect though...

But once the money is there I am def going to finish off the car with the crawfords..

But the 279 was put down about 3k miles before this engine blew without the flywheel in there while it was eating oil so i dont know if the compression was right or not, i have no idea what I am going to get now, im very curious... also with the UR pulley which is no longer on my car..

Last edited by ChuckD05; 08-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 6spd HR...Bolt-ons + tune (Dyno)