Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
350ZPK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTM Supercharger for HR?

Originally Posted by joe645733
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Smackin

Hope so... I have been following Stillen's blog. They are close to having a S/C done for the 370z... just not sure if it will work for the HR's yet
Old 02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
rtiid22

I think I've seen this over a year ago, I believe it was a custom kit that cost as much as twin turbos..
Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The picture above is the Novidem S/C

GTM's S/C for the VHR is coming out this week. Take a look at it over in the forced induction section for the 370z.

And yes, Sam will be making an announcment about plans for a HR supercharger
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 AM
biggersNISMO

Originally Posted by Smackin
Hope so... I have been following Stillen's blog. They are close to having a S/C done for the 370z... just not sure if it will work for the HR's yet
I like GTM's rotrex kit. But Stillens vortech kit with the new manifold looks interesting.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by biggersNISMO
I like GTM's rotrex kit. But Stillens vortech kit with the new manifold looks interesting.

stillens vortech kit ....not making sense
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
biggersNISMO

Follow their blog, or just look at other 370z forums.

Google, "Stillen 370z Supercharger"

Maybe Kyle@Stillen, one of the vendors on the forum, can shed some light.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
tylerxfire

Follow their blog, or just look at other 370z forums.

Google, "Stillen 370z Supercharger"

Maybe Kyle@Stillen, one of the vendors on the forum, can shed some light.
the way u posted and said u like stillens vortech kit just isnt making sense so ill have to google it...

stillen and vortech are two different companies

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-06-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
tylerxfire

ok so after googling i think u are mis-wording or mis-understanding, stillen is making a supercharger kit for the 370z/g37 yes, it seems they are going with a centrifugal blower which is what the vortech kits are but they are designing a new intake manifold for it to work properly with the dual throttle bodies, instead of a roots blower which stillen previously ran which was a huge fail by the way..so ur wording is wrong saying u like stillens vortech kit..u mean u like stillens centrifugal kit

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-05-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
biggersNISMO

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
ok so after googling i think u are mis-wording or mis-understanding, stillen is making a supercharger kit for the 370z/g37 yes, it seems they are going with a centrifugal blower which is what the vortech kits are but they are designing a new intake manifold for it to work properly with the dual throttle bodies, instead of a roots blower which stillen previously ran which was a huge fail by the way..so ur wording is wrong saying u like stillens vortech kit..u mean u like stillens centrifugal kit

I never said I liked it. I said it was interesting bro. And yes, I'm more than well aware of Stillens past FI products...

If you didn't understand my wording, than so be it. Stillen using a vortech centrifugal SC in their kit is interesting. That's all I'm saying. Do you understand that bro?

PS, I'm not trying to be rude. Maybe i'm lacking writing skills
Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
tylerxfire

I never said I liked it. I said it was interesting bro. And yes, I'm more than well aware of Stillens past FI products...

If you didn't understand my wording, than so be it. Stillen using a vortech centrifugal SC in their kit is interesting. That's all I'm saying. Do you understand that bro?

PS, I'm not trying to be rude. Maybe i'm lacking writing skills

first off calm down and get ahold of yourself and dont be a little E-thug im not here to argue with u....yes it is interesting, the whole reason i posted was because of your first comment saying u liked or whatever u said about the stillen vortech kit...i read that and said wtf? stillen vortech kit? so then i commented, u commented bla bla bla i looked at it bla bla bla realized what u were talking about...stillen and vortech are 2 different companies and the way u stated it made it sound like there was a stillen and vortech combination going on which its not, its just stillen using a vortech blower apparently..Its a centrifugal type supercharger kit from stillen, and yes its pretty cool, much better than the previous kit for the 350 thats for sure...end of story

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-05-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
tylerxfire

[QUOTE=biggersNISMO;8121357]

Stillen using a vortech centrifugal SC in their kit is interesting. That's all I'm saying.

i just re-read and maybe they are going to do that..It just doesnt make sense and seems like they would develop their own centrifugal kit and use their own stillen type blower...How would they do this, be a stillen kit but pop the hood and the blower says vortech on it??

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-05-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
tylerxfire

--------
Old 02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
biggersNISMO

Yeah bro, Stillens new approach is interesting.

GTM's S/C approach looks great, both Rotrex and GTM make great products, and are good companies. Their new product looks promising
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
warmmilk

stillen doesn't manufacture superchargers, they used and eaton blower for the de kit, so if they're using a centrifugal blower for this kit, its very much possible that they're using a vortech unit, and designing everything else around it to make it work on the hr.

if you bothered to google it like biggernismo said instead of arguing about something you obviously don't know much about, you would see that this is the case:
http://blog.stillen.com/2010/01/370z...m-progress-rd/
read the paragraph next to the vortech pic
Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by warmmilk
stillen doesn't manufacture superchargers, they used and eaton blower for the de kit, so if they're using a centrifugal blower for this kit, its very much possible that they're using a vortech unit, and designing everything else around it to make it work on the hr.

if you bothered to google it like biggernismo said instead of arguing about something you obviously don't know much about, you would see that this is the case:
http://blog.stillen.com/2010/01/370z...m-progress-rd/
read the paragraph next to the vortech pic

im not arguing with anyone, this is something i have never been concerned with or looked into and find interesting after i did look at it..i am just as intrigued by it as the next guy and now i fully understand what is going on...i did not know it was a eaton blower on the roots stillen kits but that does make sense now and makes everything else make sense...I still find that weird that stillen is making these kits but really the powerplant of the kit is from another company

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-05-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not arguing with anyone, this is something i have never been concerned with or looked into and find interesting after i did look at it..i am just as intrigued by it as the next guy and now i fully understand what is going on...i did not know it was a eaton blower on the roots stillen kits but that does make sense now and makes everything else make sense...I still find that weird that stillen is making these kits but really the powerplant of the kit is from another company
I don't find it weird. In fact, it is almost industry standard. Many of the top tuners use blowers made by other companies, and manufacture custom piping, intercooler, etc. This has/is the case with Stillen. GTM is using a rotrex blower for their S/C kits. HKS used Rotrex blowers on their original S/C kits, before redesigneing a blower in-house for their GT kits.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
UnitedBreaks

Can I use a Toro blower for mine?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I don't find it weird. In fact, it is almost industry standard. Many of the top tuners use blowers made by other companies, and manufacture custom piping, intercooler, etc. This has/is the case with Stillen. GTM is using a rotrex blower for their S/C kits. HKS used Rotrex blowers on their original S/C kits, before redesigneing a blower in-house for their GT kits.
yeah ive seen GTM doing it i just didnt realize stillen did this i guess ever...I think this case is a great thing for stillen, hopefully it will make some good numbers unlike the previous kit for the 350, im def. in for the results as i have been thinking of getting into a 370 or a g37
Old 02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Hey GTM, how about the HKS Revup kit? Is that going to happen?

Quick Reply: GTM Supercharged for HR?