Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

BigBlue's '07 HR

Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

have fun with the wheels they are heavy as ****, a guy local has them and commented that it was a very noticeable hit to acceleration, and hes boosted
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

not a fan of the wheels and painted calipers but everything else looks great!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

^thanks! I painted the calipers because oem look ugly and everybody knows that; I looked at 'em one day and decided to paint. No offense, but I am very glad that I got the wheels on my car though many on here don't like 20's or Vossens I think they look great and local Z clubs and who ever sees it in person have all given many thumbs up on them; was a good decision as far as I'm concerned, but thanks anyway and I understand where you are coming from.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like it, that's all that matters man.

I think why we all (including me) have commented on the wheel is not because they're ugly... but the size. I think the wheel design looks ok but 20's on a Z to me is overkill. Especially the fact that you're going a performance route.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM
350z_gbh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That second video is awesome!

Exhaust sounds good!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by 350z_gbh
That second video is awesome!

Exhaust sounds good!
Thanks! Well for a rookie "editor", at least there are a few good hard bursts that I was able to capture haha! I just found out that my SC kit has arrived at my mechanic's shop (300 miles away) and I'll get the car up Fri. 5th. and he will install it all sometime next week; I'll try to do some reviews on the new set up; this V-3 Vortech will surely give me some "kick" and I'll do some more vid. to see how the before/after surgery sounds with the MD exhaust.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
jimpactmfsc

Car looks good, curious to see how the supercharger goes ! Any specific reasons you went with the stillen over GTM?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM
jimpactmfsc

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Thanks! Yeah, I should have my car done by 4-13 and I'm like a little kid excited. I looked at the GTM for a long time, talked to Sam, etc. Their kit sounds like a very good quality/perf. setup. I know one guy on this site didn't like one of the pipes sticking down below the lowest part of his car and showed a pic. of it. Everybody was talking good things about the GTM and then I saw a lot of complaining about the "long" wait times, etc. All of the GTM SC kit for the HR seemed to disappear and I still rarely even hear or read a thing about it. I didn't want the older version of the Stillen because that "roots" style caused a need for new hood or hood mod. This new system looks great and I talked to their perf. guy and he said the HR guys are loving this kit (comes with injectors, fuel pump, UpRev cable). I know that the GTM set would give more whp/tq, but I really like my car "as is" and this Stillen sc kit won't "OD" my hr engine; should be great on a DD car like mine and I think pushing 400 rwhp is plenty for me; not trying to build a beast, but I'm pretty quick on the streets right now; this kit should be a great little addition. I'll surely give reviews of it, post pics. and answer any questions, plus I'll be looking for a good dyno shop in this new town of mine. The main reason to answer your question is that I don't want to push the limits of the stock engine, which is supposed to handle approx. 500 whp so I've read about the HR.
nice man, so there is a new version of the stillen that doesn't require hood modifications? I was not aware of this; does it now also fit with the core brace in place or does that still have to be removed?

got it. you will enjoy 400 rwhp !
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
BigBlue

Here is a link to check out. Last night I posted up on local club that I would have my Stillen dual long tube intakes and UpRev cable to probably be selling soon (with license put back on it from my ecu) and geez guys were posting as soon as I made mine; sold both items in a few minutes! I don't have use for 2 licensed uprev cables.

http://blog.stillen.com/2012/02/2007...e-body-vq35hr/

Last edited by BigBlue; 04-04-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Videos not showing..

Congrats tho man, excited to see some numbers!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
TPete19

I wonder why I can see it above your post? It showed up (from FB) larger than a usual pic/vid. but I played it here a couple of times here to check, hope you will be able to see it; it's "wide" so try to slide it to the left and hit the arrow on the bottom!
Privacy settings on FB. Anyone that isn't a FB friend can't see it.

Well done on your ride though. I like it. And like someone said before, those 20s actually look good.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
BigBlue

Thanks for the info. about posting from FB. I appreciate the compliment also; I'll take all I can get haha! I should have the new supercharger installed and the car back by Fri. 12th; can't wait. ** By the way, the entire SC kit arrived from Stillen (Cali. to Utah) about 5 days from the day I ordered it!

Last edited by BigBlue; 04-09-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 PM
BigBlue

Here is a little pre-SC kit vid. that my friend did while driving my car 300+ miles to the shop; got it back today and I'm very impressed, but this was "before" the sc kit. He pulled off and this vid was up a steep onramp of I-15, not too bad as a before vid. I'll do some after vid soon.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wall of text tl;dr
Hey ^Jerry87, what's with the F@cked up attitude Jack? First of all you don't know me or who you are dealing with and if you did your post to me would have either been complimentary "or" you wouldn't have typed a word, fact. Another fact is that if you and I were standing around checking out my car and you copped a Mr. Attitude I'd change that in a few seconds, fact. And no, I'm not some f@g "computer cowboy" who sits around typing like he's some sort of wanna be badass either; I've backed it up enough times and still back it up any time that it's necessary. So just back off of me if you are going to be Mr. negative to me in a stupid post; I don't put up with that stuff; I would "never" criticize your car or anybody's on this site or anywhere else "unless" they are being dicks and then I change and the whole scenerio changes, so hopefully you will get the point here. Thanks for wishing me well having fun with my wheels because I honestly am; love them how about you, you having fun with yours? Your car looks very nice from the little pics I saw are your wheels Rotas? Look good. As we all know we all see various cars driving around; some of their wheels/cars look great, some are cheap flourescent purple, etc. I live in a college town and a lot of the Suby WRX, ricer types, all sorts, etc. all over and some of these college guys don't have the funds for high end mods, including wheels and I try to put myself in their shoes; matter of fact they compliment me and I do the same to them, whatever car they drive because they don't have a lot of options or $$ and I respect that; I pull over and talk to some of the ricer guys and whoever and look our cars over as I'm sure a lot of you do. One thing is that I would "never" criticize any one of those young guys for spending every penny they have; putting it all into their car to try to have some fun with some mods, etc. If I didn't like your wheels or the color of your car for instance, I would never tell you that I didn't like this or that; it's none of my businesss. Same goes from me to anyone on this site or on my local streets, etc. I usually give compliments to these young guys who are so proud of what they have done attempting to make themselves what they see as a nice car. Bottom line is that I could care less if you like anything about my car or not, nor do I care about yours, unless we get into some sort of complimentary exchange towards each other then my attitude would change. I hope that you understand where I'm coming from and that others on the site understand it too. Nobody has to even like my HR, but I surely do; it's a good little car soon to be supercharged for a little more fun! So anyway I hope that I made a little bit 'o sense and that you might agree with me on this. No way that I'm trying to "sell" you or anybody anything about my Z, but I really like the car, mods that I have done so far/it's a hot little number for a stock motor; I do have the long tube intakes and yes, love the Vossens and definitely recommend them to those out there that are considering them; there are a lot of you and for good reason hehe! Take 'er sleazy and feel free to post back and try to be nice; I do try most of the time. *I'm 100 miles from Vegas and can afford your plane ticket; we'd probably be partying at the craps table and hustling chicks, but you'ld have to repay the airfare hehe! Randy
Um....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On a side note I'm worried about the oil consumption issues given that is a rev up.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Lol I can only guess RM is fckin wit'cha. Mods you have don't go well with the hellaflush wheels but nice start br0!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Suwaidi

I think what he means that with your extensive mod list, your wheels simply don't fit in the scene. I'd expect to see those wheels on an eBay'd turbo'd Z (think godspeed kits), not a carefully planned build like yours (complimenting your build, hating on your wheels). But to each their own
Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Suwaidi

I don't think they look bad at all, but looking at the weight specs (28/27 front or rear), I'm just thinking of what a difference some lightweight rims would make
Old 04-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

the stocks weigh 26lbs. thats why theres no difference. i bet you'd see improvements with 19lb RPF1s. plus they look 10x better than those vossens.. sorry.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Suwaidi

Even on the streets, you'd feel a difference in throttle response with the 7-8lb drop from each corner. The stock touring v2 wheels weigh in at 26/25 lbs, so replacing them with the CV3's would be the same weight plus the additional tire weight. Motordyne did a nice informative write-up a while ago:

http://www.motordyneusa.com/index.ph...=72&view=topic

But hey, if you're happy with your setup that's what matters

Thanks and I agree with where you are coming from. I had explained before that due to some health issues I will never be tracking or racing it at the strip, otherwise I would have stayed with 18" Enkei RPF1's. Testing out my new sc kit just today I was at 130 and at that point I doubt that the wheels were making any neg. difference. Before the sc, I had mentioned that I could tell not a bit of difference with stock wheels and my new ones; don't have any times to prove it #'s wise. If I went 2" wider with the stocks, like I did with CV3's those stocks would gain weight also. take care, Randy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BigBlue's '07 HR