350z HR Bolt-Ons Dyno Updated 8/6/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 07:17 AM
tommy smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IT'S NOT ABOUT ME !!! but thanks

Originally Posted by gabez33
Lol

Well would you rather have seat time in a dialed in car and just worry about fine tuning the driver mod....

Or have an unbalanced platform and driver mod issues as well.... I guess my methodology is different

And don't get me wrong wrong tommy, I do respect your driver skills
My point(I think) sometimes people just tune and never do anything else. I suppose that's OK too. There's all kinds in the world. Just look at me
Old 11-07-2014, 07:26 AM
rugbyforlife

With ur weight reduction you should be able to achieve those times at the track. what size is the injen cai?[/QUOTE]

The injen intake reduces down at the maf housing to I believe stock size I cut mine out and replaced with a bigger diameter maf housing. Def helped a ton!! And still get that nice cold air!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha thats funny the people that say just mod and take it to the track....what a ridicules approach at performance tuning. Dynos and dyno tuning are every bit as important as trap speeds at the track. You get a more comprehensive look at your motor and health of the engine on a dyno than just throwing a bolt on and taking it to the track...thats how it was done in the old days pulling plugs and regapping at the track...stone age methods. Once you get your car DIALED IN, you take it to the track

As far as wheel hop in the Z, stiffer bushing and reduced deflection
you'll also want upper and lower control arms to reduce reciprocating mass and adjusting and lowering pinion angle geometry.

You can ran Enkies at the track too, just get a proper tire set up
Lol well said man. Not about to go to drive 100 miles after installing an intake to test it out lol. Dyno testing is just as important. Ok thanks for the suggestion I will order stiffer bushings over the weekend
Old 11-07-2014, 09:04 AM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
Motor mounts have nothing to do with wheel hop. You need solid diff bushings. Or poly
I will order solid diff bushings. Atleast i think its wheel hop. Thanks for the suggestion. The wheel spin i dont mind too much as i can get a better lsd or ease into it. Right now if i floor it in first it feels as if it wants to get out of control.

Last edited by The_Assassin; 11-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:06 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Assassin
With ur weight reduction you should be able to achieve those times at the track. what size is the injen cai?
iirc 2.75....no tracks in paradise

Plus i dont know what to do to reduce wheel hop or whatever am experiencing when i get on it in first gear.
I'm no racer, but from when I first started with my Z I had crazy wheel hop...after driving over the years....I let the rpms rise over 5ish before pedal to the floor for the first gear!

somewhat of a wait wait wait go! pedal action

Originally Posted by tommy smith
For a long time now I liked and respected you.... Thank you and it's Andre
With your new Z34...we have a Z34 section on this site you haven't shared anything with us!

Originally Posted by rugbyforlife
....I cut mine out and replaced with a bigger diameter maf housing. Def helped a ton!! And still get that nice cold air!
pics!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
rugbyforlife

Ya the old choked down to 2.3 inches so I got rid of that whole section replace with a modified de maf housing, lots of time with a dremel lol
Attached Thumbnails 350z HR Bolt-Ons Dyno Updated 8/6/14-image-683909612.jpg  
Old 11-07-2014, 10:58 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

thanks man...
Old 11-07-2014, 11:05 AM
rugbyforlife

Originally Posted by KingBaby
thanks man...
you cannot do this mod untuned I had to flash and tune my car just so that it would run after this lol u prolly already are just a disclaimer
Old 11-07-2014, 11:11 AM
rugbyforlife

Originally Posted by KingBaby
thanks man...
but just as a disclaimer u cannot run this mod untuned had to flash mine and adjust some values before the car would run properly I'm sure u already figured that but always good to be sure!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I will order solid diff bushings. Atleast i think its wheel hop. Thanks for the suggestion. The wheel spin i dont mind too much as i can get a better lsd or ease into it. Right now if i floor it in first it feels as if it wants to get out of control.
Your best bet is better tires and poly bushings, I broke my stock diff bushing long ago, since replacing them with poly the wheelhop almost never even starts.

Also, a good tire helps a lot as it will spin linearly and not grip and slip that causes the hop. My RE-11's have a lot of grip and let go smoothly when they do, there's plenty of vids of me launching my car on the street and it just comes out straight and accelerates even with the tires spinning, just a little intelligent throttle work and off you go.

I could sell the wheels on my car if you're interested, the bronze Grand Touring staggered setup, I could also include tires if the price is right.

OR, I have a pair of 16x8.5" 300ZX TT rears that I plan to use for slicks at some point, they clear stock brakes fine or brembos with a spacer that I have already. You could borrow them if needed for track work but they don't have sticky tires on them yet.

Still, as Andre suggested, you should take the car and learn how it runs first. You need to learn before you just go with tires and assume you will run 12's.

Also, fix your clutch first, that will be more of a problem than anything else. You gotta shift clean and fast to run well at the track. My car is much easier to be consistent with now with the different clutch, the stock one would slip going into 2nd and would be sloppy on the pedal return when coming off of it when it felt like it.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:39 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

you cannot do this mod untuned I had to flash and tune my car just so that it would run after this lol u prolly already are just a disclaimer
understood...I have those long tubes and uprev tuner cable for whatever I want to tune for!

but just as a disclaimer u cannot run this mod untuned had to flash mine and adjust some values before the car would run properly I'm sure u already figured that but always good to be sure!
That's why I asked...more need to do this/and other mods! HR's respond to more air/tuning!

thanks again!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by Italianjoe1
Your best bet is better tires and poly bushings, I broke my stock diff bushing long ago, since replacing them with poly the wheelhop almost never even starts.

Also, a good tire helps a lot as it will spin linearly and not grip and slip that causes the hop. My RE-11's have a lot of grip and let go smoothly when they do, there's plenty of vids of me launching my car on the street and it just comes out straight and accelerates even with the tires spinning, just a little intelligent throttle work and off you go.

I could sell the wheels on my car if you're interested, the bronze Grand Touring staggered setup, I could also include tires if the price is right.

OR, I have a pair of 16x8.5" 300ZX TT rears that I plan to use for slicks at some point, they clear stock brakes fine or brembos with a spacer that I have already. You could borrow them if needed for track work but they don't have sticky tires on them yet.

Still, as Andre suggested, you should take the car and learn how it runs first. You need to learn before you just go with tires and assume you will run 12's.

Also, fix your clutch first, that will be more of a problem than anything else. You gotta shift clean and fast to run well at the track. My car is much easier to be consistent with now with the different clutch, the stock one would slip going into 2nd and would be sloppy on the pedal return when coming off of it when it felt like it.
yea I will get diff bushings and tires...which poly diff do you recommend?...I plan on going up north to the track in december or so. Btw we're going 27 tonight are you coming?
Old 11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
gabez33

Thanks a lot man. Honestly I just ignore him now. I definitely do need more seat time. Track was shut down before I had a chance to go. I only been driving manual trans for a year. He seems to act like this in most threads he comments in. Not going to let him get to me. I will go to the track up north some time next month until our track gets reopened.
its allot of fun, ive been doing since i was 21, i remember being so nervous my first time my foot was shaking and i couldn't even let off smoothly and bogged LOL

hows the dyno going??
Old 11-12-2014, 09:04 AM
The_Assassin

its allot of fun, ive been doing since i was 21, i remember being so nervous my first time my foot was shaking and i couldn't even let off smoothly and bogged LOL

hows the dyno going??
I am 22 so not too far off from when you started. Lol thats funny tho man i can just imagine. I jus bought some rpf1s and tires so my bank account looking pretty beat up lol. 255 40 18 nd 275 40 18....should get them sometime next week...I will try and get a dyno done soon didnt want to spend any more money.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:42 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
So glad someone finally said something... Assassin, you seem like a pretty cool guy, I wouldn't worry about what tommy was saying too much, you seem to have a pretty good idea on what you need to do. I am 21 and haven't been to the track yet either, though I really want to, I'm sure nerves will hit me on my first couple trys, I still get that adrenalin kinda feeling when I try people on the streets. But I feel it makes me concentrate better....

Assassin if your heading north to a track are you going to Orlando or the Tampa track? Both of them are fairly close to me and would be bout halfway to going all the way to you so please let me know when your going I'd love to meet up with you at one of the tracks, then we can both get seat time and probably be a lot easier on both our nerves with it being both our first times on the track. It'd be pretty chill... You got my number on my previous post so just hit me up whenever, they usually do t&t Thursday night's and ill be getting new tires in a week or 2 so won't have any problems making it out there.

lol yea I definitely don't take it personal he is like that with everyone. I would go tampa orlando is around 300 miles away. 600 miles to go to a track is a bit too much. Yes this would be my first time at the track also but I think I would do ok. Not expecting crazy good times or anything.

Yes we should definitely go next month or january. My number is 9549377420. Looking forward to meeting you at the track man. WHat do you have done so far?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:57 PM
The_Assassin

These just came in guys. Enkei rpf1s 10.5/9.5...255 40 18/ 275 40 18. Forgot to buy lug nuts.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:05 PM
FOOKhonda

Yeah I'm not expecting great times either but it'd be nice to know what I'm running for now, and the Tampa tracks a little cheaper than Orlando as well.

And so far just what in my Sig (custom Sri, p&p lower intake plenum, p&p upper z1 wrinkle black, z1 5/16th spacer, project kics 30mm wheel spacer in rear ichiba 25's up front but aren't on atm. Soon ill have a true dual exhaust going on, and test pipes) really need to get tuned to see good gains.

Edit- January would be ideal for me, but sometime mid December or later December would be fine just let me know what day would be best for you I should be good just about any Thursday but let me know as soon as you can what day would be best for you so I can make sure I'm clear

Last edited by FOOKhonda; 11-15-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:45 AM
redline06

Located in Tampa as well, let me know if youre up for a track night in Bradenton sometime, I've been meaning to go back and shave a couple of tenths off my PB.

Edit, not sure why I said "Tampa as well" I guess I thought youre In Tampa when it clearly says Ocala lol

Last edited by redline06; 11-19-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
The_Assassin

I just realized tampa is 4 hours away guys. I would have to go to the track in palm beach
Old 11-19-2014, 02:39 PM
The_Assassin

Bump stock hr wheels and tires on sale for 420$..8/10.

Quick Reply: 350z HR Bolt-Ons Dyno Updated 8/6/14