Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

You're all going to think I'm nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Driven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're all going to think I'm nuts!

OK...I've had my stock wheels off for some time now. Planned to put the stock back on for the questionable weather coming around the corner and ran into a problem where I need some help: When I went to put the stock wheels back on they didn't seem to "seat" properly. I could barely get the lug nuts started...but once I did, I went opposites and gradually tightened...the thing is, the wheel never completely seated on the plate behind the lugs! I messed around for quite a while and when I thought I was loosing it went to the other front tire to see if the problem happened there also....YUP! I must have studied those damned things for 20 minutes before I came in here to ask for help. What gives? I know there was that "pin" on the car originally which I removed to get my aftermarkets on...does that have something to do with it? Does the wheel have to be placed with a specific hole on a specific lug? I just don't get it, but won't drive it the way it is. Please help asap.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:42 PM
TheSpatula

Default Re: You're all going to think I'm nuts!

Could it be the hub rings for your aftermarket wheels? I know my buddy's rings get stuck on the hubs and do not come off with the wheels.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Driven

Man I could have used that response before I lost it! Figured it out on my own after I went to bed...got up and checked to find the damned things were still on the hub! So I'm not nuts...I'm just retarded! Thanks..it's nearly 2:00AM, but I have my sanity and the wheels are on.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:36 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Dont you feel like an ***. LOL!

When I was 16 my dad gave me a 1981 Old Delta 88.

Anyway I had a flat once and put the mini spare on backwards. Mom was following me and wondering why my wheel was wobbling. LOL!

I also changed the spark plugs by pulling all the wires from the dist. cap. LMAO!

And the last idiotic thing I did, was change my oil the very first time, and forgot to put the plug back in. My dad came outside and siad son we need to go back to Walmart, all your oil just went in the oil container and the sad part it overflowed and went all in the ground. My dad was pissed.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Driven

Good to know I'm not the only one out there foolishly given the right to vote. Anyway... I can up your last story...but wasn't my stupidity. My mom brought her Taurus in for an oil change...picked it up and drove it for a short while when the motor seized up. Got it back to the shop where they did the oil change and found they had FORGOTTEN to put any oil back in! They decided it would be easier to swap the entire motor with another than to crack her's open and repair....THAT was an expensive mistake!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:38 PM
all_bark

hey driven.

did you just change your little statement under your name to "know it all" or are you some kind of idiot/savont?

j/k
Old 11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Driven

That's funny! I never paid much attention to that statement under people's names...I assume most board members determine for themselves what they want under there? I don't recall specifying such a claim...probably just given it by some moderator who thought I was giving my 2 cents too often?
Old 11-30-2004, 04:48 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I saw another guy that couldn't change his from Know it all in the General forum. You guys must have pissed off a moderator. Anyways I have had the same thing happen to me when rotating the wheels on my previous car. One hub ring stayed on the wheeel and the other stayed on the hub. Took us bout 30 minutes to figure it out.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:17 PM
freqflyer

Hey Driven,

Thanks for the post. Your admission probaly saved many of us alot of time in the future. This could and will happen to more of us.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Driven

Guarantee it will! Thing is....once the centering rings have been on there for a while, they seat themselves so well, and the surface rust from the hub makes them look like part of the original equipment...can't really even distinguish them. Maybe if some rings are a different color it would clue you in...but mine are black and inconspicuous. Glad my stupidity saved someone else the hassle!