Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

No Nismo Wheels for 2005 Z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 05:50 PM
gpslater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No Nismo Wheels for 2005 Z?

I went to the dealer today to arrange for some pre-delivery upgrades and mods. (I plan to take delivery in March). I wanted to change the chrome wheels I'd initially ordered in exchange for Nismo wheels. I figured I'd have the dealer mount the Toyo T1S tires I've purchased seperately before I picked up the car. The after-market person at the dealership thought that this would not be a problem, but after she'd done some checking she told be that Nismo was not making wheels available for the '05 Z. Does anyone know anyting about this? I really want those Nismo wheel (in silver) for my Sliverstone Touring 6MT.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM
lowrider

Since the wheels for the '05 are exactly the same as the wheels for the '03 and '04, I do not understand this. The wheels are the same, except that have added the 35th Anniversary model wheels. The Nismos should fit fine with no problems.

Lou
Old 12-28-2004, 06:20 PM
gpslater

Yea, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I was told "they're not making wheels for the '05 350Z." And, before I go out and buy them elsewhere, I want to be sure thet there isn't some real issue here. Also, I want a dealer (any dealere) to install the TPS in the wheels and give their blessing as well.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 PM
twenzel

Why would you buy those through the dealer anyway? Usually they are idiots and they over charge. That really one of the most ridiculous things Ive heard. There is definately no issue with putting Nismo wheels on a 2005 Z.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:13 PM
ssc

that makes absolutly no sense. there are plenty of nismo rims that will fit 05's...05's wheel fitment has not changed form 03 or 04...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:24 PM
dansouliere

Unless Nissan changed the bolt pattern for 2005 they will fit without a doubt.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:48 AM
pulpz2

Are you getting a discount for not taking delivery of the OEM wheels?

Otherwise you're better off buying them after you take delivery of the Z from someplace like performancenissanparts.com. That way you have two sets of wheels. My local dealer told me they would price match whatever I found on the net.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:34 AM
gpslater

Many thanks everyone. I'll be "putting some fire" to the dealer today and will let you all know how and what transpires. No "shrinking violet" here!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:14 AM
04ECSTAZ

Originally posted by gpslater
Many thanks everyone. I'll be "putting some fire" to the dealer today and will let you all know how and what transpires. No "shrinking violet" here!

I work at a Nissan dealership in the parts dept. and that is indeed NOT TRUE what she told you. They are still making AND selling the Nismo wheels you are looking for...my guess is that they didn't want to get stuck with the chrome wheels you initially ordered so they ********ted you to cover their asses.

If you have any questions or anything me or my Nissan dealership can do for you, let me know and I'd be glad to help you with what I can.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:33 AM
gpslater

That's great 04ECSTAZ! You're my hero, man. I've already called the dealer and left a message to (1) cancel my order for the chrome wheels and (2) figure out a way to get me the NISOM wheels I want or I'll get them myself elsewhere.