Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Falken Azenis went BOOM today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM
ReavTek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Falken Azenis went BOOM today...

Hey guys,

Finally, the time has come for the Azenis to be reviewed. I have been riding on them bald for about 2 months and one of the rears finally blew. I was just entering the highway and upon accelerating to merge the tire exploded and the rear felt "muddy", I pulled over to see it split all the way down the inside.

Anyways, contrary to the negative light of the title I loved these tires! Excellent grip from new to bald. It is simply one of the most controllable tires I have ever rode on. You can control the rear end in a drift very gracefully with no sudden stepping out, and they grip like a mother when you want them to. They resist hydroplaning very well and perform fantastically in the wet. The one downside is their longevity. I will admit I drive aggressively, but these wore out faster than my stock potenzas (which wore out extremely unevenly, they woulda lasted longer if aligned); I got about 13 thousand miles out of these tires with fairly even wear. I know I said just one downside but now that I think of it, these tires ride rough; really rough. I like it cause it helps me "feel" the rode alot better, but those that only plan on crusing may be turned off. Be assured though, there is no excessive tire noise.

I would definetly recommend this tire to the drift crowd as the way it slowly steps out is amazing. I could maintain slides much longer and attack corners at even more ferocious speeds. It is during daily driving when the tire falls (or explodes) flat with a lack of longevity and "jumpy" ride.

I replaced my rears with Toyo Proxes T1-S and plan on doing the same for the fronts next week. I can already feel a less jittery ride... more details once they explode!

Last edited by ReavTek; 01-12-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

which Azenis? I have the Azenis ST-115 which have about twice the treadwear of the stock Potenzas. Unless you are talking about the Azenis RT-215, those are awesome as well but wear out quickly.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
ReavTek

Originally posted by Jun
which Azenis? I have the Azenis ST-115 which have about twice the treadwear of the stock Potenzas. Unless you are talking about the Azenis RT-215, those are awesome as well but wear out quickly.
Yes, I am talking about the Azenis ST-115.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:57 PM
thrifiddytt

RT-215s are cool too. SCCA approved. They grab my Nismo lsd by the *****