Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

When i slam on the breaks she pulls to the right hard?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Daewoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When i slam on the breaks she pulls to the right hard?!?!?!

Soon after I go my widebody installed one of the bolts on my left upper control arm wiggled loose (crazy) the guy at the shop fixed it but ever since she pulls to the right under hard breaking.

Would that have messed up my alignment? or is it something else.

This is kinda dangerous so any help would be appreciated.

no mods to my suspension BTW.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

If it was the alignment then it would pull all of the time, if it was still a lose bolt then you should get vibrations all the time and specially at braking.

Is the pulling every time you brake hard, sometimes you will feel like it is pulling but it is due to the road surface and specially if you have wide tires up front that will track easily on the surface variations.

Sorry not much help.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Daewoo

It is not the road. I know that feeling and hate it.

It is everytime I break HARD!

I have heard that something can be off with alignment and she will still stay straight unless under stress.

Thanks though.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:44 PM
BigMoeTaki42

The only thing I can think of (since you said you don't have suspension mods) would be that your alignment may be off. I would think this would affect your car all the time, but I guess you should get it checked out anyway. I guess I'm not much help either .
Old 03-07-2005, 06:51 PM
mrZ

usualy, pulling to the side under breaking indicates a sticking or stuck caliper. i don't know how that relates to your wide body deal, though
Old 03-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Daewoo

Mrz. what do u mean sticking/stuck caliper? Please explain further.

I mentioned the upper control arm as a possible issue not the wide body. I just meantioned it b/c that is when the control arm was tightened (which truly has nothing to do with it).
Old 03-08-2005, 06:28 AM
pdjafari

Ya i def. dont think this is a alignment issue. alignment is a chronic problem unless fixed meaning its always existent regardless of braking. If I had to guess id guess one of the caliper's as well. The piston in the caliper may not be properly retracting at the same time thus when you brake hard it takes less fluid to push out one piston w/ respect to the opposite caliper and piston. The other alternative is that one of your calipers is prematurely or in a 'constant braking' scenario as the other mentioned 'sticking'. In this case one of the brakes is constantly braking, this can cause premature rotor wear not to mention break pads etc. Since you mentioned you had your upper control arms worked on...id say chances are 50/50 the tech accidentally made a mess of your braking system. Def. get this checked out though...last thing you want is for your brake line to have been slightly cut....which is REAAAL dangerous!

Last edited by pdjafari; 03-08-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:31 AM
pdjafari

O and BTW there is an easy way to determine this...if you have a jack and jack stands of course. Jack up your car, put the rear up on jack stands (Rear 2 tires are up in the air while the front two are down, and if you have a lift even better). Get a friend or buddy to get in and start the car, have him veeery slowly accerlerate until the rear tires start to spin...you will most likely notice one wheel spinning faster than the other if in fact its due to 'caliper sticking'. Then have the person slowly apply the brakes...you will prob. also notice one of the wheels come to more of an abrupt stop than the other which is what you need to know. Now fixing it isnt too big a deal either...if you have the right tools...preferably a tool to push the piston back into place inside the caliper..
Old 03-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Daewoo

pdjafari - thanks for the great info. The accident was in the front. Caliper could have been damaged then? the car pulls (the right) to the side opposite the accident. Could it be that the caliper on the accident side (the left) is not applying the right amoutn of pressure?

ie: the right is working correctly and the left is not applying the right amount of pressure? So the right is really stopping the car and the left is really doing nothing?