Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Winnings Offset

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:23 AM
2 low Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winnings Offset

I know this has been cover a thousand times, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I just ordered a set of Winnings 19x9.5F 19x10.5 rear and I'm having second thoughts about the offset. For the rear, I decided to go with +29 because I didn't want to roll the fenders and the next lowest offset offered is +19 and +17. As far as the front I was told to get +19 because the +29 where designed to be a rear wheel.

Will +19F and +29R match up right? The car will be lowered on Tanabes about 1.2 F and R with camber and toe bolts in the rear. Please help.

Last edited by 2 low Z; 03-31-2005 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
GQ 350z

It will match up, I've seen the setup before. What color is your car? Could you pm me about the quotes you recieved and when you will get them? We have the same springs, so this thread means quite a bit to me.

+19 in front will be no problem, neither will the +29 10.5" rears. Assuming you go with 245/35 and 275/35 in rear.

If you go +17 in rear, be prepared to roll fenders, just IMO.

thanks

ravi
Old 03-31-2005, 03:59 PM
2 low Z

Thanks for the reply, the car is black. I think the +17 might be a little aggresive for my taste. From the pics I've seen (haven't seen in person) looks like you have to "camber in" to make it look flush with the fender. My camber is norm because of the SPC camber kit in the back. I'm just worried that the front will look almost flush with the fender (what I want) but the rear will look almost factory "sunkin in." I think the factory offset is +30, but I'm not sure.

I will have pics up soon for sho. I haven't seen pics with +19 in the front and +29 in the rear, if you can find them please post.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
speedform

Originally Posted by 2 low Z
Thanks for the reply, the car is black. I think the +17 might be a little aggresive for my taste. From the pics I've seen (haven't seen in person) looks like you have to "camber in" to make it look flush with the fender. My camber is norm because of the SPC camber kit in the back. I'm just worried that the front will look almost flush with the fender (what I want) but the rear will look almost factory "sunkin in." I think the factory offset is +30, but I'm not sure.

I will have pics up soon for sho. I haven't seen pics with +19 in the front and +29 in the rear, if you can find them please post.

Thanks
With a 29 offset rear it won't look as sunken as stock but it won't look flush either. When I was shopping for wheels (winnings actually) I spec'd a 22 rear offset on a 10.5" rim. Perfectly flush with no need to roll the fender. Looked great, until I saw the Racing Hart J8's and bought them instead (10" rim, 19 offset).
If it looks too underflush, buy 2 5mm spacers for the rear. cheers,
Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 AM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by speedform
With a 29 offset rear it won't look as sunken as stock but it won't look flush either. When I was shopping for wheels (winnings actually) I spec'd a 22 rear offset on a 10.5" rim. Perfectly flush with no need to roll the fender. Looked great, until I saw the Racing Hart J8's and bought them instead (10" rim, 19 offset).
If it looks too underflush, buy 2 5mm spacers for the rear. cheers,
speedform:

You have the RH J8 Package on your car? Can you tell me what offsets, and what size tires?

Here's my ideal setup: 9.5" front with 255/35-19", and 10.5" rear with 285/35-19". I'd like the SBC finish, but apparently RH J8's in SBC only come in a 9"/10" package. If I go with the 9"/10" package, I'd still like to run a 255/285 setup - so based upon what you've got, do you believe that the 255/285 would fit?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
speedform

A 255/285 would absolutely fit. I'm running a 245/275 but the front could use a little more tire. The rear is perfect. I'm running a 19 offset rear and If I remember correctly, a 22 offset front. The front could stand to come out a bit though. A 19 offset all around would have worked better.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by speedform
A 255/285 would absolutely fit. I'm running a 245/275 but the front could use a little more tire. The rear is perfect. I'm running a 19 offset rear and If I remember correctly, a 22 offset front. The front could stand to come out a bit though. A 19 offset all around would have worked better.
TY for reply> so, you have the 9"/10"?

You prolly have the +26 front. Do you have the SBC finish? I've heard from a couple o peeps that that finish is sensitive, and can get stained/etched easily?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
bwzabodyn

http://g35driver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40598

This thread has more info than you would ever want to know about SF-winnings and their particular offsets...

I'm the only person right now to have the 9.5/10.5 +29 f/r setup - the front wheel, as mentioned, is actually the rear wheel of the 8.5/9.5 setup, so it's not SUPPOSED to clear a BBK - but by my observations, I think it will since I have a good inch and a quarter clearance between my OEM calipers and the spokes of the wheels... the wheels look great and have the exact stance I wanted (I don't like the 9.5 +19/10.5 +29 as much because the front wheel is actually more aggressive in relation to the fender than the rear wheel) - I'm running 255/35 and 285/35 BFG KDW2's all the way around and I'm dropped a little over an inch on Hotchkis Springs and I have ZERO rubbing issues in the front or rear... Overall, I think my setup is perfect for what I was hoping for (widest widths/largest lips front and rear that would sustain wider tires - hate the stretched look - and would have no rubbing issues if dropped ~1inch)...

Here are a few pics of the setup (I need to take some new ones - I feel like I've posted these 100x already!)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:52 AM
bwzabodyn

ok, I'll try again....
Attached Thumbnails Winnings Offset-street-pic.jpg   Winnings Offset-side.jpg   Winnings Offset-front-side.jpg   Winnings Offset-rear.jpg   Winnings Offset-rear-side.jpg  

Old 04-01-2005, 11:33 AM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by bwzabodyn
ok, I'll try again....
Nice car, with a nice setup bwza: the only problem is I don't want winnings, and I have a Z. So, two questions:

1) I read in that thread you posted (read the whole thing) that offset requirements may change a touch from rim style to rim style, and possible also from tire manufacturer to tire manufacturer. So an acceptable offset with one wheel/tire combo may not be with another, regardless if the rim width is uniform (in my case, the preferred 9.5"/10.5" setup).

2) Does the G fender have a different distance relationship to the hub than the Z? If so, throw out all G/Z offset comparos.

TIA.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:22 PM
bwzabodyn

The fender relationship between the G and Z is within millimeters, if it's different at all (as witnessed by all the pictures of similar setups on each vehicle) - I know you are looking at a different set of wheels, but I was responding to the original poster and his question...

But to answer you - if you want to run 255f/285r on a 9.5/10.5 combo, the acceptable offsets range from low-to-high 20's in the front and rear (imo, the best setups are ones in which the offsets are similar front-to-rear, as the resultant stance is slightly more aggressive in the rear than the front) - the closer/lower the offset gets (ie closer to +20), the more of a likelihood there will be that you might have to roll the fenders to accomodate the 285/35 in the rear...

Amount of drop and camber settings also play an integral part in whether or not a particular setup will need the fenders rolled... let me know what you like, and I'll give you my thoughts...
Old 04-01-2005, 08:00 PM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by bwzabodyn
The fender relationship between the G and Z is within millimeters, if it's different at all (as witnessed by all the pictures of similar setups on each vehicle) - I know you are looking at a different set of wheels, but I was responding to the original poster and his question...

But to answer you - if you want to run 255f/285r on a 9.5/10.5 combo, the acceptable offsets range from low-to-high 20's in the front and rear (imo, the best setups are ones in which the offsets are similar front-to-rear, as the resultant stance is slightly more aggressive in the rear than the front) - the closer/lower the offset gets (ie closer to +20), the more of a likelihood there will be that you might have to roll the fenders to accomodate the 285/35 in the rear...

Amount of drop and camber settings also play an integral part in whether or not a particular setup will need the fenders rolled... let me know what you like, and I'll give you my thoughts...
TY for your post. There are three options as I see it now:

1) RH J8 package in SBC. 9"/10" with 255/35-19s and 285/35-19s, offset +26 front +19 back (it's the Z specific package, only I would prefer not to use the 245/275 recommended tires, but rather my 255/285 mentioned combo if possible - but I'm getting conflicting opinion from the sellers of these packages, who tell me that thte 285 will rub, and the actual owners of this package, who tell me that it won't/doesn't).

2) Bag the SBC color option, which allows me the RH J8 in silver or gunmetal 9.5"/10.5" with 255/35-19s and 285/35-19s, offset unknown in front and suggested to be +26 in rear.

3) Some other wheel to allow a wider range of offset choices, at which point I wouldn't buy anything but a 9.5"/10.5" or a 10"/10.5" setup (that is, if the Z can accept a 10" front rim, which I still haven't figured out definitively from anyone yet).

So: care to comment on those three options? hehe God this sucks....
Old 04-02-2005, 05:36 AM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by StefanZ
TY for your post. There are three options as I see it now:

1) RH J8 package in SBC. 9"/10" with 255/35-19s and 285/35-19s, offset +26 front +19 back (it's the Z specific package, only I would prefer not to use the 245/275 recommended tires, but rather my 255/285 mentioned combo if possible - but I'm getting conflicting opinion from the sellers of these packages, who tell me that thte 285 will rub, and the actual owners of this package, who tell me that it won't/doesn't).

2) Bag the SBC color option, which allows me the RH J8 in silver or gunmetal 9.5"/10.5" with 255/35-19s and 285/35-19s, offset unknown in front and suggested to be +26 in rear.

3) Some other wheel to allow a wider range of offset choices, at which point I wouldn't buy anything but a 9.5"/10.5" or a 10"/10.5" setup (that is, if the Z can accept a 10" front rim, which I still haven't figured out definitively from anyone yet).

So: care to comment on those three options? hehe God this sucks....
Bump:: still looking for opinion on these setups from people who have them, or others knowledgeable......
Old 04-02-2005, 06:38 AM
2 low Z

Thanks for the info guys about the winnings, I was able to find pics of all three setups for comparison on that other website. (+19F +17R, +19F +29R and +29F&R)

I'm leaning toward the +19F +29R, that setup looks like it will allow a BBK and I won't have to roll me fenders. Altough I would prefer a little more lip difference between the front and back. I am worried about the front looking more aggressive than the rear. From the pics I've seen with +19F, it looks pretty flush with the fender and in some pics with +29R with a rear camber kit look flush . The +17R in the back look like it may stick out just a hair with a camber kit.

The +29F look good, but all the vendors are saying it won't work with a BBK, and if it does with a few BBKs my options will be very limited.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by 2 low Z; 04-02-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:26 PM
StefanZ
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 low Z
Thanks for the info guys about the winnings, I was able to find pics of all three setups for comparison on that other website. (+19F +17R, +19F +29R and +29F&R)

I'm leaning toward the +19F +29R, that setup looks like it will allow a BBK and I won't have to roll me fenders. Altough I would prefer a little more lip difference between the front and back. I am worried about the front looking more aggressive than the rear. From the pics I've seen with +19F, it looks pretty flush with the fender and in some pics with +29R with a rear camber kit look flush . The +17R in the back look like it may stick out just a hair with a camber kit.

The +29F look good, but all the vendors are saying it won't work with a BBK, and if it does with a few BBKs my options will be very limited.

Decisions, decisions.
Did you see the choice posted earlier about +29's all around, and then a 5mm spacer added in front to allow a BBK? That may be your optimal choice 2 low Z!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:26 PM
2 low Z

Originally Posted by StefanZ
Did you see the choice posted earlier about +29's all around, and then a 5mm spacer added in front to allow a BBK? That may be your optimal choice 2 low Z!
I rather go with the +19s in the front instead of adding a 5mm spacer for the +29. They both have the same lip (+19 offset A 67mm and +29 offset B 67mm). I'm pretty much settled on the +19 in the front, I have seen pics of a few G's with the +19 and +29 set up and it doesn't look like it is "more aggressive" in the front as opposed to the rear.

I guess now it is about deciding if I want that extra 12mm of lip in the back. I'm not really bothered by having to roll the fenders, but I do have a camber kit in the back and I'm worried the +17 in the rear will "stick out" a bit.

Thanks