Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Flat Tire Ran over a Nail|What tire can I get cheap but good? Need Response ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Muscl3s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Tire Ran over a Nail|What tire can I get cheap but good? Need Response ASAP!

I just ran over a god damn nail in the road. It looks like its a bad hole so I don't think it's patchable! I need to order a new tire ASAP for replacement. Since I'm getting ready to move to Florida next month to move into my new house I don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm still on the stock tires and rims of my 2004.5 base coupe.

Any suggestions for a good tire but on the cheap side? All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Muscl3s

A little bit more information. The car only has 7000 miles on it and the tire that's flat is the front passenger side tire. Also when I said I wanted cheap but good I basically mean "Best bang for your buck". I'm willing to spend extra if it's worth it.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:54 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it's always a good idea to match what you have on there already and to buy in pairs. The problem I see with just replacing one tire (and especially if it's a different type of tire) is that you are going to create an imbalance in the car's handling.

They aren't the cheapest, but I'd say look into Bridgestone S-03, Michelin Pilot Sports, Michelin SP-2.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Muscl3s

So you're saying I should replace both front tires even if I replace the flat with an identical OEM tire that matches the originals? Ugh... This had to happen at the worst possible time right before my big move to florida when I'm going to be spending thousands. God damnit.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:25 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would replace both tires as well. It's a good idea to change both tires on the same axle even if only one needs to be changed especially if you are using a different tire.

JET
Old 06-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Muscl3s

Here's another question. Is it okay to have a different manufacturer's tire on both the fronts than the backs? For example, matching bridgestones on the rears and matching michelin's on the fronts?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Q45tech

Different tires have different slip angles [in exact same size] under exact same load....so EXPECT some changes in the under, neutral, oversteer reaction.

Same with different reactions to temperature vs friction curve.

From a legal [defense] standpoint any changes from oem can be used against you as creating negligence [contributory negligence] on your part.

Read the fine print of your insurance policy most [many-mine] forbid any modifications, really not much of a factor unless you kill/hurt someone and their tire experts tell the jury you've been bad and need extra punishment.

Nissan and tire manufacturer HOPE and PRAY [one less potential litigant] you mix tires ------that way they are totally off the hook.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Muscl3s

Honestly I'm thinking about just replacing the single flat tire with a new bridgestone that matches the originals. All the originals only have 7k miles on them! Gah I don't know what to do...
Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Muscl3s
Honestly I'm thinking about just replacing the single flat tire with a new bridgestone that matches the originals. All the originals only have 7k miles on them! Gah I don't know what to do...
There is the perfect world and the real world. Welcome to the real world. If you cannot afford two tires, buy the one tire and drive in a reasonable manner. Be glad that you can afford the one tire that matches as opposed to having to buy the cheapest tire that you can find.