Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Moderators! Wheel FAQ or Forum???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 06:58 AM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moderators! Wheel FAQ or Forum???

Please respond if you're with me on this. If enough people support this idea maybe we can get this added to the site...

One of the easiest mods to make to a car is upgrading wheels and tires. You need to look no further than TXStyle's thread to see how much people like to see different wheels and talk about putting them on their car.

I think this website needs the following three things (either in their own Wheels Forum or as parts of this forum and the image galleries)....

1. Wheel Replacement Guide
I'm thinking something like the Zaino Q&A over in the Detail Forum. A single place one can go to get information on things to consider when upgrading their 350Z wheels. ie... wheel offsets, tire pressure sensor considerations, clearance issues, etc.

2. Wheel image gallery #1
Images of wheels all in one place so you don't have to sift through hundreds of posts to find a pic of a particular wheel. For Gallery #1, I propose pics of the wheels only!

3. Wheel image gallery #2
Images of the wheels on actual 350Zs or good photoshops of the wheels on 350Zs so we can see what particular wheels look like on the car. Maybe these can somehow be tied to the first gallery so you can bounce back and forth if you see something you like.

So what does everyone think? I think this would be very beneficial to our 350Z community... C'mon moderators, help us make picking our new wheels easier!

Maybe even a side pic of the Z with a wheel selector kind of like what's available at TireRack.com
Old 12-03-2002, 08:04 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default good idea

I agree 100%
Old 12-03-2002, 09:02 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Add me to the "want list" too!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been about a dozen requests for other forums, all of which have gone ignored by the Admins... the Mods have no way of implementing new forums or any other changes to the site's design...
Old 12-03-2002, 11:02 AM
mcduck

Well, if we can't get a new forum, we do have this forum. Can we add item #1 as a help thread like the Zaino and Blackfire thread over in the Detail forum?

There is a gallery area... can galleries be created for wheels and Zs depicted with those wheels? I would think the gallery could be set up with one or two "owners" who could post pics as they receive them.

Just seems like a waste to me for us to have such a large devoted group of 350Z owners and not be able to pull something simple like this off. I think it would definitely be helpful to those of us who want to see what the wheels look like on our cars before we order them.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:16 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default ok, I will do it by adding threads then...

if we can't do it by adding forums, then lets do it by adding threads untilwe figure how to do it the other way....
Old 12-03-2002, 01:22 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default I hope you do not mind Andy????

Andy -mcduck:

Since they say we cannot make a new forum, I took your idea and made threads. I do not care about points or anything like that so if you are concerned about that, just let me know and they can transfer the points of these threads to you for your great idea. I just want to see a better webpage and your idea is a good one.

Jeff
Old 12-03-2002, 02:31 PM
mcduck

Don't really care about the points... as you can see, I have enough for a "glow name", but haven't bothered yet. Just trying to provide some useful ideas for the site.

The thing about the Q&A posts is that they always stay at the top of the message list making them very convenient. I don't think we can do that with regular threads.

VQRacer... Can the moderators make a particular thread "special" so it stays at the top of the list or is that also only an administrator function???
Old 12-03-2002, 02:38 PM
golfman

I spend most of my time on this web site looking for information on new rims and tires. I'm all for it...
Old 12-03-2002, 08:10 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Andy/MCDUCK:

I personally posted 18 pics of wheels on 350Z's on the thread you suggested and I created. Check them out on .... Modifications > Wheel image gallery #1 Real pics of wheels on 350Z's.

I hope you and everyone else can add pics to this thread. It is nice because a person really looking for Z wheels can look on one thread and see all the pics of wheels posted without searching thru endless threads. Now it is everyone elses turn to post more. Variety is the spice of life!

Jeff