Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Want the Best Deal on Tires? Check it out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want the Best Deal on Tires? Check it out...

This is not a FS thread. I'm just sharing info I found while scouring the www for the best deal on new tires for myself. Thought I'd share for those that might also be searching...

I ended up getting different tires, but originally I was searching for the Toyo T1-S & T1-R models. I came across 2 sites that have kickass deals here: www.onlinetires.com and www.edgeracing.com and www.tiredlr.com

In the most popular 245/35/19 & 275/35/19 staggered setups, the 1st site has it for around $930 shipped to your door. Both of the last 2 offer these tires for around $960 shipped. That's about $100 less than any quotes I got from sponsors of this site as well as any of hte big national chains. Not knocking them...I know they offer great prices and products to our community, but these prices just seem unbeatable...
Old 07-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Chris@DTD

While we do not carry the Toyo line, I have to comment for the other vendors on this site.

Having the lowest price on a product over another company does not always mean that you are getting the best deal. What would happen if you ever had a problem with a product, or made a mistake and ordered the wrong stuff?

I've spoken with many other vendors on this site, and have no doubt in my mind that they would provide top notch customer service with a very competitive price.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Good point, which is why I wrote that last sentence in my 1st post. However, with something like tires, if you get the correct ones that you ordered and there aren't any defects when you get them, the service pretty much ends there. Unless you have some type of warranty, such as the road hazard certificates that Discount Tire offers for an additional cost, there isn't much insurance on tires...
Old 07-11-2005, 01:17 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the link but I will stay with DTD. I have recommended them to alot of other people and I am not worried that they will get the same great service and fast shipping that I did.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

i think the last time Chris gave me the price quote, they are the same as those 2. Just ask Chris and he will take good care for you.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:20 PM
rvshehata

http://www.tiresavings.com/
Old 07-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Chris@DTD

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Good point, which is why I wrote that last sentence in my 1st post. However, with something like tires, if you get the correct ones that you ordered and there aren't any defects when you get them, the service pretty much ends there. Unless you have some type of warranty, such as the road hazard certificates that Discount Tire offers for an additional cost, there isn't much insurance on tires...
In most cases, you're right. But,

What if one tire is out of round or has excessive road force?

I was reading one of the company's return policy, once you break the metal bands that hold the tires together in shipping, you OWN them.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Chris@DTD

Thanks for the kind words guys!!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 PM
tware

I can tell you what happens when you have an out of round tire with DTD. You call the first rep who gives you a litany of reasons why it cant be the tire, a hunter machine wont tell you anything, and how its going to take forever. I hang up thinking this is gonna be hell to replace, call back again because I forgot to ask a question and the next rep decides to send me a call tag in about 2 mins of conversation. New tire at the door in about a week. there was such a contrast that I wondered if I had called the same place! Regardless, DTD took care of me and very promptly.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:04 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For Toyos, edgeracing does offer good prices & they follow through.

I bought from edge, via the local Nissan shop (I wanted tires mounted, balanced, & aligned by Nissan service) and edge was very cooperative. Prompt delivery.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Chris@DTD

Originally Posted by tware
I can tell you what happens when you have an out of round tire with DTD. You call the first rep who gives you a litany of reasons why it cant be the tire, a hunter machine wont tell you anything, and how its going to take forever. I hang up thinking this is gonna be hell to replace, call back again because I forgot to ask a question and the next rep decides to send me a call tag in about 2 mins of conversation. New tire at the door in about a week. there was such a contrast that I wondered if I had called the same place! Regardless, DTD took care of me and very promptly.

Sorry about the bad experience, I worked in the retail stores for years before coming to Direct and can safely assume that the salesman never worked with the machine.

Having worked with the Hunter machine since it's release, I'm a 100% believer in its ability.

Glad you got taken care of!!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Loic

Smile More on-line stores

I started a similar post while looking for 18" tires...
Click Here

Loic
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 PM
RedLeader

I price tires at Discount, then ask their local "Americas' Tire" retail store to match that delivered price. Online pricing-local service!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

This thread isn't to argue. If someone's goal is to defend where they work or where they choose to buy tires, that's for another thread. I'm just passing on info. I found, and hoping others will let us know where they found the best deals...

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 07-11-2005 at 09:56 PM.