Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk wheels, how much did you guys pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Endless Shock
Because we dont want to get any of the vendors in trouble... How much they sell the wheels is all up to them... Im sure they are all competing for our business thats why most of them will price match... I called, emailed and Pm'ed some vendors to get quotes all the prices were pretty much the same (give or take a couple of dollars)... A vendor that takes time to answer your questions is a good seller... Also telling you stuff that you dont want to hear is OK (ie. that combo will rub for sure - unless you have your fenders rolled)...
+1...all it takes is a quick PM to each vendor mentioned in this thread. I've found that the better vendors respond quickly to these requests. That way, you can get a quote on the exact wheel, size, and color that you want, rather than hoping somebody else out there got the exact same wheel from a vendor who may or may not be currently able to match the price they gave somebody else in the past.

One other thing I've noticed about Volks is that most vendors don't seem to actually stock them on-site. Rather, they know what inventory the Mackin warehouse in California has, and once you place your order, the wheel is drop-shipped straight from Mackin to your door. I could be wrong about this, but I don't think so.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:07 AM
tekkensux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Endless Shock
Because we dont want to get any of the vendors in trouble... How much they sell the wheels is all up to them... Im sure they are all competing for our business thats why most of them will price match... I called, emailed and Pm'ed some vendors to get quotes all the prices were pretty much the same (give or take a couple of dollars)... A vendor that takes time to answer your questions is a good seller... Also telling you stuff that you dont want to hear is OK (ie. that combo will rub for sure - unless you have your fenders rolled)... In the end it came down to shipping time... Since F1 is in SoCal and Im in Norcal, shipping only takes 2 days (ground) which is why I got it form them...

I have 19's 19.5/10.5 SF Challenges wrapped in BFG KDW2 255/35 & 285/35...
Yeah man it's cool, I understand all that. It's just several people were posting without any specifics at all. Are we just to believe people can get complete wheel/tire setups for less than 2G's from any ole vendor when any sponsor on here will quote the same setup for at least $3200-3500? Come on now...Personally, I have yet to find any vendor who would even sell GT-C's for 2050 right now unless it is 8.5 and 9.5. That's why I was asking for specifics on the wheels ie. width, color and offset because if a vendor was hooking up those prices, it'd be some substantial information to me and help me in my wheel purchases...I wasn't accusing anyone or trying to get anyone in trouble. I was just asking for some information.

Last edited by tekkensux; 03-05-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:31 AM
"Z"orilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InsaneChink
mounted and shipped to your door???
Mounted, balanced, and shipped!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 AM
changsw

Okay, I've been searching for the LE37Ts everywhere. Price range is approximately $3,500.00 - $3,700.00 with tires (Toyo T1-Rs). That may be too expensive for me. I may have to go with the Axix Mods, cause they look pretty cool too. They are approximately 25 lbs each, but only have 19x8 (f) and 19x8 (r), which is smaller than stock 18s. I hope that won't look funny. I'm going to search the forum for Axis Mod pics.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:17 PM
ActionJackson

I wouldn't buy any axis rims anymore with all their wheel cracking problems. Even if they offer to replace them, you'd have downtime with waiting to get them back.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:13 PM
changsw

Oh really, whew, good to know. I won't then. The Axis Mods were as back up. But dang, I REALLY want those LE37Ts. Those wheels are so sweet that no other wheels look good to me.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Endless Shock

You can always check the Zmodified gallery... If I remember correctly there is a wide selection of wheels that members have on their cars... I hope that helps with your descision... Oh yeah LE & TE arent the only Volks wheels you know ...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
changsw

Sweet, I will check it out. You da man Endless!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:19 PM
bobby t

Chris at F1 got great prices and knows his stuff hes great with his customers.