Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

IForged

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
CiscoCerna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IForged

I recently had the Tanabe GF210 installed on my 06 Z and the car is really low now(they came off a g35 so they are already settled) While the shop had the tires off the sales person was swapping 6 different rims on their to show me how they looked and I fell In love with the 19' HRE 840R and told me they were $8k. frankly thats too munch so he recomended the Iforged formula Rev, they look very close and only $3,600

I'd like to here from Iforged owners and get pros and cons on the wheels.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Iforged is known in the car industry as IFORGERY. It is not a coincidence that they have wheels that look all too similar to HRE's. Also, they are made by the Cyan group or something similar who also make cheap truck wheels. Basically they are known to be crap, but some people like them for pure looks.

I wouldn't put them on my car even if they were 1500. Basically, Vincent the owner of Iforged did a good job marketing these wheels to make them seem valuable but they are not. He is also known in the industry to be a thief. Just search Iforged in google and you will find a ton of "cool" stories about them
Old 03-09-2006, 01:47 AM
heezyo2o

They're forged, they look good and can be had for a decent price. Not a bad combo if you ask me. And at least it will be a little different than the volks that everyone has.

HRE's are top notch, but let's face it, these particular wheels are not meant for the track, but rather for street and a little bling. In that case, you'd be buying the HRE's simply for the name. I love the HRE 841s, but 10K for wheels and tires for a ~30K just does not make sense.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
HRE's are top notch
Not really. For the price you pay you'd think they be good for the track as well. There have been cases of HREs cracking on race tracks. Looks great dont get me wrong but u are purely paying for the name.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 AM
plastiketa

I've seen pictures of HREs that had a crack that ran from bolt to bolt. Defect? Possibly. But to take a risk like that on the track, I'd rather spend my money on BBS. Because of that and a few other quality issues, they were banned from use in a European AutoX Circuit. Its a shame for a company that makes some great looking rims!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
heezyo2o

Originally Posted by JisNis
Not really. For the price you pay you'd think they be good for the track as well. There have been cases of HREs cracking on race tracks. Looks great dont get me wrong but u are purely paying for the name.
The HREs in question are not track wheels, but any wheel, regardless of the brand will and has failed during heavy track use. BBS, fiske, and volks are also suspect to cracking during intense track use.

This is not to say that I'm a big fan of Iforged, or that I would buy them myself, but for street use, I see no harm in using them.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:44 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by heezyo2o
The HREs in question are not track wheels, but any wheel, regardless of the brand will and has failed during heavy track use. BBS, fiske, and volks are also suspect to cracking during intense track use.

This is not to say that I'm a big fan of Iforged, or that I would buy them myself, but for street use, I see no harm in using them.
I think you missed my point. Just stating that HREs are not top notch. Mainly paying for the name than its quality.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
comebackZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the C21s or C22s and yes I think HRE is top notch. Yea you pay a lot for the name but you also get good looking and lightweight wheels as well. I read that the reason why that one wheel cracked like that was due to the powdercoating that was not done by HRE.