iForged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged Performance Alloys Release 2003 Collection

Old 03-05-2003, 05:31 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

iForged,

How about another GB? Are you planning one in the future?

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:39 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would say, the first wheel weigh in an 18x9 configuration?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:52 AM
ColecatZ

I'm really feeling that first one, the 7 spoke.

more info would be great
Old 03-05-2003, 11:54 AM
rodH

nice work Vince.

hope to see you soon (tomarrow)

I pick up my rear tires today and the fronts as soon as the wheels are ready to be picked up (harder to find the toyos than I thought it was going to be)

btw, the new center caps look GREAT!!

Last edited by rodH; 03-05-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Stone Z

Wow...I like none of those.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:13 PM
erock

I like'em all 'cept the 2nd one.....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Zspot

I really like #1 and #4. I would LOVE to see them in different finishes!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:55 PM
KJ-350

could you guys possibly rip-off HRE anymore????????? even down to your center caps! nothing like being orignal

Last edited by KJ-350; 03-05-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:08 PM
KJ-350

Your design guys should ever be so proud
Old 03-05-2003, 09:29 PM
erock

Originally posted by KJ-350

Your design guys should ever be so proud
Dude, I'm not tryin' to start any thing, but, what was the whole purpose of that? Who cares if they are knock-off's of HRE's...... I haven't seen one complaint about the quality of iforge so I assume they are pretty good..... There's always gonna be knock-offs of anything high-end, there's not much we can do about that, but if you don't like the company cuz of whatever reason you simply don't have to purchase their products.....

I would understand if you were somehow involved w/ HRE (owner/stockholder/etc.) then, I retract my comments, but if not then who cares????? Let them as a business, do their thing......

I'll get off my soapbox now..... Just my 2 pennies.....

*I guess I should put on my flame-suit*
Old 03-05-2003, 09:30 PM
rodH

KJ, I don't know how ling you have been looking at or buying after market wheels, but besides the lame pin wheels, teddy bears and a few other stupid designs, MOST wheels are a slight variation of a 5, 6, 7, or multiple spoke design.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:44 PM
KJ-350

true, but come on now guys! 99% of their line is a spitting image of the HRE line down their logo! true there are only so many things you can do with a 5, 6, 7 etc spoke how about at least trying to do something original! I can see 1, 2, 3, maaaaybe even 4 wheels out of a line-up being "similar" but their entire line of wheels is nothing short of a direct copy of just about every wheel HRE has. If there were others, ok, but there is not. Anyone can simply copy, true skill and creativity is what stand out / where it counts! And by doing that they show absolutely zero of either! Just like you both have said, we are all entitled to our $0.02, that's mine and I'm just going to leave it at that before some big ugly flame war blows up.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:50 PM
erock

Originally posted by KJ-350
true, but come on now guys! 99% of their line is a spitting image of the HRE line down their logo! true there are only so many things you can do with a 5, 6, 7 etc spoke how about at least trying to do something original! I can see 1, 2, 3, maaaaybe even 4 wheels out of a line-up being "similar" but their entire line of wheels is nothing short of a direct copy of just about every wheel HRE has. If there were others, ok, but there is not. Anyone can simply copy, true skill and creativity is what stand out / where it counts! And by doing that they show absolutely zero of either! Just like you both have said, we are all entitled to our $0.02, that's mine and I'm just going to leave it at that before some big ugly flame war blows up.
I'm by no means trying to start a flame war, but I do see where your side of things........ It is kinda weird how every iforge rim has an HRE twin...... Oh well.......
Old 03-05-2003, 10:27 PM
rodH

OK, Lets run down the order then and compare (you need to realize that the bolt and the Lip are NOT a signiture of either wheel, so THROUGH that characterstic out.

lets start here

#1 ONE is a 6 the other is a 7 SPOKE

7 SPOKE iForged

6 spoke HRE

btw, look at the way the spoke contuor next to the bolt looks, totally different

example #2

these wheels look so different I don't even think I need to say anything, but if you need a hint, look how big the slots are, teh # of slots, the way the parameter looks, and the center cap, etc...

BTW, neither HRE or iForged invented that design

example #3

16 VS 17 spoke, Both of these wheels are OBVIOUSLY a similar design to the ALPINA BMW wheels.

example #4

these wheels are BOTH 7 spokes, BUT the shape of the spokes and the parameter is recessed on the HRE, look closely and you will see that they are only similar in the sense that that both have 7 spoke, bolts, and lips

example #5

these are both 5 spoke designs,fairly similar in design, as most 5 spokes are. I like the iForged better in the sense that the spoke is more straight and doesn't taper (that may sound stupid and picky, BUT believe it or NOT that is what sold my WIFE on the iForged wheel and NOT the HRE, although I do like both designs. If the difference MEANS that much to my wife, I sure hope it means somehting (either way) to car fanatics that LIVE cars.

example #6

these LOOK NOTHING alike, so I won't even waste time

example #7

All, I mean ALL of these wheels could be variations of BBS, probably the MOST well know company that produces "mesh" style wheels. Many other companys do them know as well, so I hardly think HRE is the pioneer in this department

in conclusion, BOTH of these wheels provide the best quality and design with similar (same) method of producing a wheel (in other words any true 3 piece wheel that is machined from a FORGED piece of billet, uses a lip and bolts/rivots are going to have some very very similar features. If you have seen how they build these wheels (vs a cast wheel) you would understand why there are so many similar characteristics.

I am very glad there are 2 options, have you ever felt yourself saying "man I love that wheel, if ONLY it did SUCH and SUCH different"

I was looking at the 5 spoke HRE, But didn't like the shape of the spokes as well, I was looking at these VOLKS, and I like how straight the spokes are BUT I don't like how busy the parameter holes/bolts look (this is my 2nd favorite wheel, next to the iforged).

I am just glad there is an alternative with a different variation of a 5, 6, 7 and multiple spoke designs.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:43 PM
350z4steve

does iforged have a web site? where are they located?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:46 PM
rodH

www.iforged.com

located in Stanton (near anaheim) california
Old 03-05-2003, 10:51 PM
KJ-350

ok sorry, I grabbed the wrong ones, had 3 pages open once copying links...here are the two I meant to use

again, 99% the same as HRE entire line-up. Taking a rim that already exists and making a small change like 3 degrees in the spoke angle or adding / taking away 1 or 2 bolts so they are not 100% identical is nothing to be impressed by. i agree they would be a good option for someone that is a fan of HRE but doesn't want to or cant spend the $$ for them, but that's about it. i see your side and agree, no problem. but there is no way on earth someone can not see that they targeted HRE and made their entire line as close to HRE's as they could w/o getting in trouble or something like that I guess!

I'm dropping it now ok, I made my point as did you guys. A great second option to everyone that has always wanted HRE, yah! Anything we should be impressed / blown away with by them, not at all! Night guys...

Last edited by KJ-350; 03-05-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:55 PM
rodH

"""ok sorry, I grabbed the wrong ones, had 3 pages open once copying links...here are the two I meant to use"""

well it looks like you grabbed the wrong links again, oh well, have a good night
Old 03-05-2003, 11:00 PM
KJ-350

put both wheels at the same angle and they would be a 99% match. geez man, your pretty relentless in defending them about this when its beyond obvious what they did, you work for these guys or something? j/j Its dropped bud, night

Last edited by KJ-350; 03-05-2003 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: iForged Performance Alloys Release 2003 Collection