Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iForged Nightmares...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:51 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged Nightmares...

Well been a while since I posted but man... I'm a little frustrated. I ordered my iForged rims (FS-6) "like Brad's" back in the first Groupbuy. Well - long story short - I made my last transaction/payment to iForged a few weeks back.

I got my rims and it turns out they had rivets/bolts in them unlike Brad's. Needless to say I was a bit upset because I had waited so long for the darn things in the first place. I refused shipment at the UPS office and sent the rims back telling Vince that I didn't want the rims with bolts/rivets. He tried to convience me to keep them but I had already sent them back.

Now thinking that I like the RS Aeros more and knowing they're going to have to change re-make my rims anyway I'm thinking why not just get RS Aeros. $100 Well... now I'm back in the waiting game... I'm hoping for a month turn around, however, with the lack of communications (no returned emails, voicemail full) I don't know how much longer it's going to be... 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

This iForge stuff has been painful...

What's the latest on rim turn arounds from iForged?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:23 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its much cheaper than the HRE alternative. guess that means you gotta expect worse service.

Ive heard people say between 4 and 6 months. but maybe he'll put a rush on yours if such a thing is possible.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:33 AM
J Ritt

Ugh man...I"d just get out of that whole deal if I were you. Get a refund and get something else. You've heard all of the stories...think about the whole ownership experience, and what's going to happen when other problems arise.

I tried my best to warn people about all of this back when Vince first came on this board...lots of people didn't listen because they wanted to believe they would come out ahead in the end. Unfortunately, most are not.

Good luck. I hope you get things sorted out and get some wheels to enjoy.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 PM
3rdpower

I was contacted this afternoon about the rims - week and a half. Guess we'll see then *shrug*.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:37 PM
rouxeny

How come a week and a half now, but months before?

I posted this before, it can't take more than a few days to make a set of wheels, and I can't imagine they have that many work orders backed up.

That week and a half line I'd bet sounds familiar to a bunch of other people also.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Edretti

WOW! I'm getting nervous now. I haven't been following the wheel thing with the G. I got a great deal and went with the IForged Aero's and I hope I have no regrets. I was told 6 weeks but now I'm starting to wonder. Are they aware of the bad publicity/reputation they are growing in this community and maybe others? Best of luck 3rdpower!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:25 PM
mcduck

How come a week and a half now, but months before?
I can't say for 3rdPower's case, but I have a similar "quicker" turnaround expected for correcting my wheels.

I think the difference is, again in my case, that they don't have to order the material, cut the material, get it finished, etc. They have to disassemble the wheel and reassemble with a wider pad. Something they can do completely in house in the course of a day or two. 3rdPower's situation may be different, tho.

Also, in my case I had proposed a solution to iForged (Vince) and he countered with a solution that is better for me... cost and time wise. I guess I'm back in "wait and see" mode, too. But i'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will turn around my rear wheels and get them back to me quickly.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:58 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: iForged Nightmares...

Originally posted by 3rdpower

Well been a while since I posted but man... I'm a little frustrated. I ordered my iForged rims (FS-6) "like Brad's" back in the first Groupbuy. Well - long story short - I made my last transaction/payment to iForged a few weeks back.

I got my rims and it turns out they had rivets/bolts in them unlike Brad's. Needless to say I was a bit upset because I had waited so long for the darn things in the first place. I refused shipment at the UPS office and sent the rims back telling Vince that I didn't want the rims with bolts/rivets. He tried to convience me to keep them but I had already sent them back.

Now thinking that I like the RS Aeros more and knowing they're going to have to change re-make my rims anyway I'm thinking why not just get RS Aeros. $100 Well... now I'm back in the waiting game... I'm hoping for a month turn around, however, with the lack of communications (no returned emails, voicemail full) I don't know how much longer it's going to be... 6 weeks? 8 weeks?

This iForge stuff has been painful...

What's the latest on rim turn arounds from iForged?

You waited how long? And they still screwed up? Read all the posts not just on this site, but others....these guys are bad news. Get out while you still can.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:39 AM
iForged

19" Brushed Aluminum Aeros without Rivets Are Shipping Out Today 6 sets

19" Polished Aeros without Rivets Have Shipped Out.

We have 5 more sets of Random Designs Shipping Out Next Week and then the 2nd groupbuy will be complete.