Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

F**##ng Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 AM
stevem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F**##ng Dealers

Just got back from my local Nissan dealer in Barre, VT. I wanted them to install my new rims I bought from Tire Rack for my Roadster. Service guy brings the car in (I had made the appointment a week earlier) 20 minutes later he comes back and says the owner won't let him install the wheels. Some Bulls##t about liability with the "run flats" and dinging the rims during install. The owner calls himself a "car enthusiast" in all his ads. Well, this kinda pi**ed me off and I left. Just wanted to vent.

Now I have to make another appointment at someplace else. What a PITA!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
ht4

I've had shops refuse to change tires because they do not have the machine that installs tires without touching the rim. I thinked them for not damaging my rim and went elsewhere.

I'd bet that if they tried and messed up the rim, you would be even more upset.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
jcarp

point blank you didnt buy the wheels from the dealer and they could care less. if one of there dumb techs fuc# up a wheel then they are out of pocket they should of told you from the get go instead of making you wait.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Bertg

Is there an America's Tire Center near you? They should be able to install your new wheels without scratching them.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:31 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ht4
I've had shops refuse to change tires because they do not have the machine that installs tires without touching the rim. I thinked them for not damaging my rim and went elsewhere.

+1. The dealer did you a favor. If they do not have the proper equipment, better to tell you so than risk damaging the wheels.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:44 AM
stevem

Angry

Originally Posted by ht4

When I talked to the Service Manager last week about this, he said they were the best choice to do them because of the tire pressure monitors and they charge $20 a tire due to the time it takes, not wanting to scratch them, ruin the monitors, etc. So, I wait several days for my appointment only to have the owner refuse to let the techs do the work. The Service Manager said it was news to him that they weren't allowed to install aftermarket rims.

Of course I don't want my rims messed up, that goes without saying. I was just pissed at the way the owner handled things. He should stay in his office and out of the garage.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:46 AM
stevem

Originally Posted by Bertg
Is there an America's Tire Center near you? They should be able to install your new wheels without scratching them.

The closest thing we have up here is Tire Warehouse, which is an authorized installer for Tire Rack. However, I've dealt with them before and I wouldn't trust them with nice rims.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you say you bought run flat tires?

These things have really stiff side walls and are harder to mount. More chances of scratching the wheels...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:13 AM
stevem

Originally Posted by Kolia
Did you say you bought run flat tires?

These things have really stiff side walls and are harder to mount. More chances of scratching the wheels...

I have the stock tires. The owner of the dealership didn't want to mess with what he called "run flats". I don't know if he doesn't know the difference between run flats and TPM's, but he didn't impress me very much.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is very hard to find a shop that wont damage wheels here in WV. One time I caught them putting Tire on my 17's (for my volvo) with a Sledge Hammer. They would Beat the tire on the rim (and hit the Rim) and then slam the wheel down on the ground sideways because the created a buldge in the center of the tire, busing the belts on the tire. Me and the owner went round and round and I couldn't get them to even cover the damages.. Needless to say I was very angry. If they were anything other than $500 wheels I would have probably lost my head.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sq40
It is very hard to find a shop that wont damage wheels here in WV. One time I caught them putting Tire on my 17's (for my volvo) with a Sledge Hammer. They would Beat the tire on the rim (and hit the Rim) and then slam the wheel down on the ground sideways because the created a buldge in the center of the tire, busing the belts on the tire. Me and the owner went round and round and I couldn't get them to even cover the damages.. Needless to say I was very angry. If they were anything other than $500 wheels I would have probably lost my head.
Shops usually have a couple of large windows worth a lot of money. More than a rim and tire settlement...