Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Is it all good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 PM
New2350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Is it all good?

I have just bought an 05 350z performance!!! I am getting opinions on the perfect wheel and tire setup. I know that I want 19''x10.5 in the rear and I am unsure about the fronts. Maybe some 18x8.5. I am not sure on the offset and I want about a phat lip. I do not want anything to rub. What do you all think the perfect setup is? 19'' all the way around? 8.5 or 9.5 in the front? Wheel brand is not important to me seeing I am going to get what I like for looks but I also want to do it right the first time. I have a great wheel guy in my area but I dont think he has done a 350z with these wheel diminsions!!! Thanks for all the help!! I sent multilpe pms to dealers on this site and I will see what they have to say.

Peace, Nick

PS. This was posted in the wheel and tire section with only one reply. So please help!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you are having trouble with replies because:

The post is in the wrong section?
The subject lacks information about what you are asking?
This has been covered a gazillion times before?

Good luck,
Chris
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 AM
NewZland

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
Maybe you are having trouble with replies because:

The post is in the wrong section?

Good luck,
Chris
In his defense he did say that he posted it in the wheel forum and only got one reply...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There is no perfect set-up. Perfect for the street? Auto-cross? Drag? The numbers that you mentioned sound fine. Offset? Use one of the offset calculators posted here. Or shop at a retailer who knows 350Z wheels. They will make offset suggestions.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NewZland
In his defense he did say that he posted it in the wheel forum and only got one reply...
Here? https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/185508-purrrfect-setup.html

That thread may be in the right section but still has the second two issues going for it.

There are only a few types of users on this forum, ones that hang out in a few categories and ignore the rest, those than hit "New Post" and search through hundreds of subjects (cut off at 500 by the search engine) trying to decided what to look at. Either way, a bad subject line is likely to be ignored or read by the wrong people.

Further, even if good information was posted in this thread now, future searches would turn up a bad subject people would be unlikely to look in and cause them to ask the question again. It's a vicious circle.

Maybe if the subject was useful and the OP had already exhausted the search function on the subject and then using the information he gathered from that search to clarify his question, people might have jumped in to help.

You have to ask yourself, how long are contributers like davidv going to continue to answer the same question over and over again before they feel like they are waisting their time?

Chris
Old 04-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Ztalker

[QUOTE=New2350] Wheel brand is not important to me seeing I am going to get what I like for looks but I also want to do it right the first time. I have a great wheel guy in my area but I dont think he has done a 350z with these wheel diminsions!!! Thanks for all the help!! I sent multilpe pms to dealers on this site and I will see what they have to say.

Peace, Nick

when it comes to after market wheels, i suggest you focus on name brand and light weight wheels only. The nice ones are at least 600$/each and up. A lot of aftermarket wheels are not well balanced at the factory. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:05 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suggest against going with different diameter wheels because it's going to make the car look very asymetrical. To get the wheel wells filled evenly, you'll have to run a higher profile tire in the front and it'll look odd.

I recommend that if you're going with 19x10.5's in the rear, you go with a 19x9.5 in the front and keep your rolling circumference front/rear delta to within 3%, otherwise you could have problems with TCS/ABS systems thinking that a slip condition is occuring all the time. As for offset, you can get whatever clears your brakes, doesn't rub, and suits your tastes. Any wheel vendor should be able to tell you what wheel/tire sizes will work on your car.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
New2350

Whoa!! Many opinions and lots of help. Thanks to all!