Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

wheel wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 PM
cpttomasz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel wax

What is the best wheel wax or protectant for rims? I have RH J5's gunmetal with a chrome lip. I seen stuff online but dont really wanna wait for it in the mail. I was thinking pepboys autozone stuff. I had a bottle of mother's liquid wheel polish for the chrome but it didnt work as good as i thought. Any suggestions??? I know people posted threads on this before but i'm at work and dont really have time to search....
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cpttomasz
What is the best wheel wax or protectant for rims? I have RH J5's gunmetal with a chrome lip. I seen stuff online but dont really wanna wait for it in the mail. I was thinking pepboys autozone stuff. I had a bottle of mother's liquid wheel polish for the chrome but it didnt work as good as i thought. Any suggestions??? I know people posted threads on this before but i'm at work and dont really have time to search....
might wanna call your local discount tire if you have one. they carry it. wheel wax is by far the best product ive used on my volks. they do a good job of cleaning and protecting my wheels. its 100% safe and will not harm your clearcoat.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 PM
techcontrol

I bought it 'Wheel Wax' at Advanced Auto for $10 per jar. I concur with Nexx that it does work. If you really want to get crazy apply 'Wheel Wax' to the insides of the wheels as well. Really expedites the cleaning process. While it will not stop all brake dust from sticking it will reduce the dust by roughly 80%.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Silkk

cpt - When are we getting together for a photoshoot?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by techcontrol
I bought it 'Wheel Wax' at Advanced Auto for $10 per jar. I concur with Nexx that it does work. If you really want to get crazy apply 'Wheel Wax' to the insides of the wheels as well. Really expedites the cleaning process. While it will not stop all brake dust from sticking it will reduce the dust by roughly 80%.
when i clean my wheels know, i almost dont have to touch my wheels with a towel to clean them. almost all the dirt and dust just sprays off using a pressure washer.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
techcontrol

Originally Posted by Nexx
when i clean my wheels know, i almost dont have to touch my wheels with a towel to clean them. almost all the dirt and dust just sprays off using a pressure washer.
I would use the pressure washer but I'm too lazy to deal with the un-coiling the cord and hose. Most of the dust does come off with just the Mr. Clean. I think it's from me really utilizing the AP BBK that the dust gets so hot and sticks anyway.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
cpttomasz

thanks guys i'll stop by advanced tommorrow and pick up some... sillk i'm down whenever this weekend i'm goin to the beach though but i'm off all next week so hit me up
Old 07-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Blayzed

Wheel Wax fo sho