Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Reefkpr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment specs

I have been having the dreaded tire feathering problem. My Z has 19 inch volk sf-challenges with Hotchkis springs. My rear tires wore out the inside edges really fast. I purchased the SPC camber and toe kit and installed. Today I had an alignment completed and attached a copy of the printout from the alignment shop. How do these specs look for handling and tire wear. I know nothing about alignment and just want to make sure things are right. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 AM
plastiketa

It looks like the shop fixed it, but of course, its only temporary. The inside wear on your rear tires is from the negative toe, same thing happen to me. Did you get this done at Super Autobacs (this print out looks familiar)?

Is the wear in the rears premature from regular daily driving, or you have done a lot of spirited runs, canyon driving, track, etc.? I have only heard of the tire feathering problem occuring in the front tires, that's why I ask.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Reefkpr

No the Alignment was done at Big Brand Tire. The Toe and Camber were off on the rear after changing out the rear springs. I thought the SPC toe and camber kit would correct this problem. Anyway I hope these specs will get me a little more wear from the tires. My car is a daily driver with some canyon and hard driving but mainly just a daily driver.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 AM
plastiketa

I got my car aligned after I put in my coilovers and rear camber arms, no toe bolts, and the tire wore out in 4 months, especially the inside and center! But that's with 2x canyon runs, 1x track day, and spirited driving.

Look at the rear tires from an angle in the rear to see if the tire is not pointed inward. You dont want that, especially if you are daily driving the car and want your tires to last (that was my issue).
Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Reefkpr

Anyone else familar with alignments, Please review my specs and let me know.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:15 AM
NISMOFO

Forgive me if I ignored your front specs, but I'm just looking at the rear.

I've had my new tires 3 months and the tread is getting thin. I'm not happy about it. I just had an alignment done a few months back. Anyways, my rear camber is 0.1 less than yours and my toe is identical. I'm thinking of having my toe in done as 0.06 in the rear this time. But being so close to the toe settings I have in the front, I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

At this point, handling can take a back seat if it's going to cost me hundreds of dollars in tires every 6 months - 1 year.

Anyone have a reason why I should have 0.06 toe in for the rear with -1.5 degree negative camber? I do have camber wear, but the overall tread on the car is much, much thinner than the front....heck my front has more camber than the rear and they're holding up better. So I think it's the toe scrubbing the tires.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Super Avan Z33

it should be OK
Old 08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
NISMOFO

Yep, you've got a good alignment. I found out today that my car was no longer at 0.1 toe-in for the rear, it was over 0.3 and that's why my rear tires were wearing so quickly.