Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

finally got my rims/tires on my 06 mb!! (broadband only)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
OffsetZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you decide to go with all season tires?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:58 PM
ricks350z

Originally Posted by tmoth
Why did you decide to go with all season tires?
I did not get an All Season tire; I got an Ultra High Performance All Season tire. There is a huge difference. A typical all season tire has a speed rating of “S” or “T” which is fine if I was driving a Sentra or Altima, but this Ultra High Performance All Season tire has a speed rating of “W” which is over 168mph, which is higher than a “Z” rated tire and perfect for our 350Zs. Plus they come in the matching sizes that I wanted, and not many, if any other tires come in these same matching sizes of 265 30 19 front and 295 30 19 rear for this price. In addition, an average summer tire has a treadware of around 160-220 as do the Potenzas at 160 that come on the car from the factory, the tire I chose has a treadware rating of 300, almost double that of the stock tires which means I don’t have to replace my tires as often which allows me to spend more money on things like break upgrades, suspension upgrades, stereo upgrades and things like that. To make things even better, these tires have an “AA” traction rating which is the highest you can get in a street legal tire, as well as an “A” temp rating which is also the highest you can get in a street legal tire. And last but not least, I live in Georgia where we have hot summers, rainy springs, cold and damp falls and the occasional snow and slush in the winter. So for me the questions would not be why did I choose these “all season” tires, the question for me would why would I not choose these tires? Name brand, high quality, great specs, awesome bang for a buck, the exact sizes I wanted, and perfect for where I live. What more do I need to say except, now that I have them, all the things that prompted me to buy them have proven there worth.

I cant afford 2 different tires like everyone else does.

Last edited by ricks350z; 10-13-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Wheels and tires look super... Gorgeous car...

You don't see Proxy 4's too often, but your look great!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
ricks350z

Originally Posted by __jb
Wheels and tires look super... Gorgeous car...

You don't see Proxy 4's too often, but your look great!
I appreciate it..the tires still hold good in rain or dry so far.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Amiricanmade

Originally Posted by noodleman
looks nice, but damn, those wheels must be slowing you down alot...and with all that grip....sucking up a lot of gas too :P
is it THAT big of a diffrence to go from 255/285 to a 265/295?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Amiricanmade

BTW...

"The Proxes 4 is Toyo's all-season ultra-high performance tire. It is designed primarily for plus-fitment applications on sport compact cars, sports sedans, and coupes." <-- Not All Season Tires!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:24 PM
icepig

Originally Posted by ricks350z
I did not get an All Season tire; I got an Ultra High Performance All Season tire. There is a huge difference. A typical all season tire has a speed rating of “S” or “T” which is fine if I was driving a Sentra or Altima, but this Ultra High Performance All Season tire has a speed rating of “W” which is over 168mph, which is higher than a “Z” rated tire and perfect for our 350Zs. Plus they come in the matching sizes that I wanted, and not many, if any other tires come in these same matching sizes of 265 30 19 front and 295 30 19 rear for this price. In addition, an average summer tire has a treadware of around 160-220 as do the Potenzas at 160 that come on the car from the factory, the tire I chose has a treadware rating of 300, almost double that of the stock tires which means I don’t have to replace my tires as often which allows me to spend more money on things like break upgrades, suspension upgrades, stereo upgrades and things like that. To make things even better, these tires have an “AA” traction rating which is the highest you can get in a street legal tire, as well as an “A” temp rating which is also the highest you can get in a street legal tire. And last but not least, I live in Georgia where we have hot summers, rainy springs, cold and damp falls and the occasional snow and slush in the winter. So for me the questions would not be why did I choose these “all season” tires, the question for me would why would I not choose these tires? Name brand, high quality, great specs, awesome bang for a buck, the exact sizes I wanted, and perfect for where I live. What more do I need to say except, now that I have them, all the things that prompted me to buy them have proven there worth.

I cant afford 2 different tires like everyone else does.
They should call them "Georgia all-season" tires because the ultra-high perf all-seasons are not regular all-seasons when it comes to cold weather traction. Especially at those widths!

One key issue is the treadwear ratings. I thought the tires I bought would last quite a bit longer as I think the rating was 400, compared to the 140 rating of the stock tires. (I bought michelin p/s a/s) However, the rears lasted no longer than the original bridgestone re040s. So, I would personally pay little attention to the ratings, especially thinking that a 400 tire would last more than twice the miles of a 140 tire. If yours last a lot longer, that's great, and I hope they do, but I wouldn't really expect that.

Also, I believe the Z rated tire is separated into W and Y, and that the stock tires are in fact W-rated.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:08 PM
noodleman

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
is it THAT big of a diffrence to go from 255/285 to a 265/295?
dunno, but it's quite abit when you compare something liek 245/275 to 265/295...that's 40mm extra grip per axle, add to that they're 10" cast rim all around, i'm sure it's gonna make some noticable difference.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like them, great job... I agree you need to get lowered a little.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 AM
babyit11

nice
post pics once u lower it
Old 10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
ricks350z

Originally Posted by babyit11
nice
post pics once u lower it

I will post pics for sure so we can all see the difference.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:32 PM
hiz-n-herz

Default That looks bad-a$$...

Nice choice of rims...

I'd like to go bigger than my OEM 245/265 setup. but I noticed that prices go up exponentially with avery extra 5mm!

Looks awesome.... perfect offset too...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 PM
ricks350z

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Nice choice of rims...

I'd like to go bigger than my OEM 245/265 setup. but I noticed that prices go up exponentially with avery extra 5mm!

Looks awesome.... perfect offset too...
Yea the offset is perfect and I can upgrade to Brembos later on. Well if price is a concern you may want to check out the deal I got. All 4 wheels and tires mounted and balanced for a great price (please pm me for price--let's just say it's half the price of rays). They also installed them right onsite as well. I was in and out in less than hour. They are very meticulous about their installation and uses the torque wrench to spec. I will certainly give them my future business. I saw their shipping area too and it was full of wheel and tire packages shipping out. So they must do a lot of business outside the Atlanta area. I talked to Rhonda and Billy about their setup. From what they told me, they also specialize in Corvettes, Mustangs, BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, SRT8, Hondas, and Nissans, etc.

I really felt like they cared about me and my car and my needs both on a performance level as well as my budget. They even called me 3 days later to follow up and make sure everything was o.k. which no one has ever done.......Pretty cool in my book.

Last edited by ricks350z; 10-17-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
EchoParkG35

looks nice!
Old 10-21-2006, 08:58 PM
jdo

Originally Posted by icepig
One key issue is the treadwear ratings. I thought the tires I bought would last quite a bit longer as I think the rating was 400, compared to the 140 rating of the stock tires. (I bought michelin p/s a/s) However, the rears lasted no longer than the original bridgestone re040s. So, I would personally pay little attention to the ratings, especially thinking that a 400 tire would last more than twice the miles of a 140 tire. If yours last a lot longer, that's great, and I hope they do, but I wouldn't really expect that.
+1

Yeah just because the treadwear rating is higher than the rating for the stock tires doesn't mean that they are gonna last any longer. Hopefully they will but the only way you can compare treadware ratings are between tires of the same manufacturer. If you found another toyo w/ a 220 rating as opposed to a toyo w/ 400 - the treadlife would def be better with the 400, but you can't compare to bridgestones, michelins, etc.