Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

So I got in a hurry to get my new tires put on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
snakez31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a place yesterday that's close to home where i can get my wheels repaired. It is $189/each and will take 2-3 days. That doesn't include mount, dismount, and balance either(extra $14/each). I'm gonna call the owner of the shop that damaged my wheels tomorrow and give him the bad news.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 AM
snakez31

I spoke with the owner again yesterday where he told me he would fix two of the rims. His reasoning was that I originally told him one was fine, which I did because i didn't notice the damage at first, and that one was already damaged before, which it was; it had an inch long scratch on its outer edge before his employees added a few more small scratches to it.

I think I'm gonna just have him fix the two and say screw it. It would end up costing me more money to miss work for court dates than it would to fix the other two wheels. Besides the other two don't look that bad anyway.

Last edited by snakez31; 03-10-2007 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 AM
bimmer10

Make them buy you a new wheel. I had Tiresplus bang up one of my front wheels a few months ago. The manager was a real straight up guy and he replaced my wheel with a brand new one.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snakez31
I was just sharing an experience looking for sympathy. No, I am curios how the TPS works though. Does anyone know if it would matter if a tire was switched positions from driver to passenger side?

sorry , but anyone that cuts corners with such a nice car as the Z gets no sympathy from me. always remember you get what you pay for, and you paid for crappy service and yoru rims scratched. so basically you got what you paid for.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 PM
snakez31

Got my two front wheels back today. They look great. I would recommend this The Wheel Warehouse in Dayton, OH to anyone who needs stock wheels remanufactured or repaired. They have a website at:

www.thewheelwarehouse.com

It costs around $150-200 a wheel and they get them back to you within 24-48 hours if you're local; could take longer for shipped in work orders.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

RAISE HELL! If they didnt have the proper machine to do your setup they should have sent you somewhere else.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is their a "proper machine'? I've had my rims scratched almost everytime. It literally took them 45 minutes to get my tire off my rim. At one point they had the whole fking shop trying to push and hold ther machoem that takes off the tire(hilarious yet terrifying)Now, when i have a problem, they tell me they have to rip the bead on the tire to get them off. So that means, even if i get a little ol nail, new tire. lol
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Looks as though it is simply going to a shop that has experience with high quality wheels and tires. I recently replaced my rears with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's. It took less than 30 minutes. They removed the old tires, thoroughly cleaned the wheels (front and back sides), and mounted the new tires. I'm not at my office now and cannot look-up the mounting-charge, but it was very modest. I did pay close to SRP for the new tires. But, no marks or scratches on the wheels, and my TPS sensors were fully functional after the insatallation. They did a great job.

It is not my intention to promote any tire shop, but for people in Minnesota this shop (Samaritan Tire) located in Minnetonka, Minnesota does a great job mounting tires on expensive wheels. If you buy a $200+ tire, I think it is wise to pay another $12-$14 to have it mounted correctly at a shop that does not damage your wheels.

As an aside... When I hit a pothole a couple of years ago with my Saab 9-5, I bent the right front wheel, and broke the paint the clearcoat on the wheel. They charged me $125 to repair the wheel (repaired the rim, buffed/repainted the damaged paint, and put on new clearcoat), plus the cost of a new tire, a modest mounting/balancing fee, and a minor fee to check the alignment. The repaired wheel looked new (actually too new since it looked better than the other three wheels on the car). Two or three years later I am sure the cost is higher, but probably still much less than buying a new wheel.
--Spike