Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Marvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech

I normally dont post here very often but I had to clear a lot of doubts about installing 20" rims on a Z.

I just got mine installed a couple of weeks ago. It took Volk about 2 weeks for them to make them from scratch as the rear wheels were not available according to the specs I required.

Volk Racing GT-C Gold 20"

Front: 20" x 9.5 offset +20
Rear: 20" x 10.5 offset -7

Tire sizes are:

Front: Michelin PilotSport 245/35 R20
Rear: Michelin PilotSport 285/30 R20

I rolled the rear fenders when I was installing the rims as I knew it would rub but with -7 offset in the rear it would rub anyways even if the fenders are rolled. The reason I went with such an aggressive setup is because im installing the Vielside V3 widebody as we speak.

Installation of the rims was delayed further because I could not find 255/30 R20 tires anywhere as they were out of stock with all the tire dealers. using the online calculators there would be a 2.9% difference between the front and rear tires of my current setup so it should not affect the VDC too much. I drove the car afterwards and had no problems with traction control.

I did extensive research on what rims and tire size and since this is purely a daily driver with no intention of big power I needed the car to be confortable enough. people on the forums said that I would lose HP and confort.. WRONG!
The amazing thing was after I installed the wheels the car felt exactly like stock if not better! in fact over humps it seems less stiff. the tires had a stretched look and the sidewalls were a bit bigger than most 20" configurations, I think that contributed to the comfort. Performance was hampered by the increased weight and I did feel that acceleration suffered slightly.

Mind you this was before installing the Tein Stech springs. I needed them to lower the car slightly. The aggresive offset looks a bit awkward as the wheels were sticking out an inch from the fenders. once the springs were installed it took about 3 days for them to settle..... then things got really bad. any slight potholes or dips in the road would make the rear tires rub with the fenders. Good thing my car was in the bodyshop a few days later. Another important note is the ride has become stiffer and bumpier with the Tein springs.

If any of you are considering 20" I would say go for it. They transformed the look of my car and definately did not look too big at all. Stock ride if not lowered.
Attached Thumbnails installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech-cimg3545.jpg   installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech-cimg3548.jpg   installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech-cimg3567.jpg   installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech-cimg3569.jpg   installed Volk GT-C 20" + Tein S-Tech-cimg3573.jpg  

Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
NA350Z

I think you need something to widen your rear fenders so the wheels dont stick out, just my .02 though.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:21 AM
JMS71585

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheels look pretty good...
post a pic from directly behind the car so we can see both wheels popping out together. Prob makes the car look wider than it already looks...
Old 04-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Marvin

I dont have any direct rear shots but the car does look a lot wider from the rear. with the car lowered using the Tein Tech-S springs the camber helped it look more inside the fenders. The fenders are getting pulled out during the body kit install.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Marvin
I dont have any direct rear shots but the car does look a lot wider from the rear. with the car lowered using the Tein Tech-S springs the camber helped it look more inside the fenders. The fenders are getting pulled out during the body kit install.
They shouldn't even bother pulling, and just cut the qp for the most clearance
Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice wheels,

Out of topic question here, what wing is that on your car Marvin?

Cheers,
D
Old 04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
andypandy

Originally Posted by NA350Z
I think you need something to widen your rear fenders so the wheels dont stick out, just my .02 though.
he's going widebody with veilside v3.

kudos! as long as you are going for your goal, i see no problem. however, luckily it took you 2 weeks for custom wheels via rays... it takes us 3 months.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Volk350Z
Master

lol nice ..

I think the shop he got them from had them instock.. If you ask anyone at rays build time is 4-6 weeks min. then ocean freight..