Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tsw

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
ttuberz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I am paid by the U.S. department of education for each line of sentences I correct. so I 'win' about $30,000 a year in compensation.

I also get a tax write off for my Internet connection subscription.

and the only essay I have written in the past 5 years was for my girlfriend's College English class, spell check is available through Google toolbar and is a LIFESAVER sometimes. click and takes an extra .03 of a second to verify you aren't sounding like a jackass.

@ the compensation part. How does having a few spelling errors make someone sound like a jackass? Maybe some people have more important things to worry about, unlike you who sits here all day being **** about a word or two mispelled or hating on TSW wheels that several people have and like. If you don't like the wheels you don't have to get them and don't worry about those who do have them.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
As mentioned in my first post... I like the Mondello and I would love to see it on a Z. But if that's not your taste, here's my opinion on your three choices:

a) Thruxton- Not a big fan of the fake 2 or 3-piece wheel look. Those nuts around the rim are fake but cool looking- and they clear any BBK with ease.

b) Kyalami- For that syle of wheel, I would recommend going with something lighter like Enkei or BBS.... AGREED

c) Vortex- Not bad. Clean and simple at least. need spacers to clear BBK FYI

TSW's aren't bad quality(despite what some are saying) and IMO are a decent wheel for the money, but they are relatively heavy wheels compared to others available on the market. I got my Mondellos because I thought they looked unique at the time compared to the other wheels I had seen on Z's and G's. I hadn't seen another wheel with a cranked end design with a sharp angle at the outer edge of the spokes like that. None of the designs on your choices are particularly unique. So given your three choices, I would recommend looking at other manufacturers who make similar designs that are lighter in weight. Just my .

I hope this helps!
just added some notes on your post above for extra info on wheels, Dkorr are you planning on buying wheels soon? You can come over and try mine out if you like!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkorr
anyone know which of the TSWs are best for our cars (looks, price, performance)?

a) Thruxton
b) Kyalami
c) Vortex
d) Mondello
Found it! Here's pics of the Mondello on a Z. I like it! I vote for choice "d". What do you think dkorr?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=Mondello
Old 05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by ttuberz
@ the compensation part. How does having a few spelling errors make someone sound like a jackass? Maybe some people have more important things to worry about, unlike you who sits here all day being **** about a word or two mispelled or hating on TSW wheels that several people have and like. If you don't like the wheels you don't have to get them and don't worry about those who do have them.
again, you people seem to not be able to read.

did I ever say spelling errors exclusively made you sound like a jackass? no, incoherent sentences with misspelled words and slang makes you sound like a jackass (more the incoherent part). and come on... when some idiot posts up a thread that is almost unreadable sounding like a 13 year old highschool girl, how much respect do you give that person's opinion? not much... if you want to post about something, take the time to respect the other people reading it and try to make an effort to show you aren't stupid and uneducated. some spelling errors are fine, but when 1 out of 3 words is trashed.. you know?

and jesus. someone asked an opinion, I gave it. end of story. then people blew it out of proportion or felt the need to defend their choice in wheels and all that, I get it. I never said they cracked (wasn't me) I just stated they are junk (in reference to their designs). they are a good bang for your buck, where else can you can get a set of rims for around 1k or less? if you just HAVE to have a set of rims, there you go.

and this whole 'everyone who likes volks is a fanboy' is getting OLD. basically, every tuner & race team in japan is a fanboy now, since most use volk, advan or enkei exclusively. I LIKE HOW THEY LOOK and like the fact they are lightweight and forged and probably have much more engineering and testing put into them. get over it.

I am not a fanboy in any regards and as stated prior, do not give a free pass to any manufacturer if the parts look like junk. the argument every time someone doesn't like a cheap set of wheels (THEY ARE CHEAP FOR A REASON) is that they are ricer fanboys that don't know what they are talking about. When my Volks were Bronze NO ONE LIKED THEM. Kids didn't like them, old people didn't like them, girls didn't, etc. I don't buy rims to impress people. I buy rims just like I buy cars, just like I buy mods: for me, because it fits my taste and I like it! I don't even run the Volk stickers on my rims.

that is all.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by ttuberz
and I do worry about people buying ugly parts and sticking them on a Z. I love the 350z and hold our community to a higher standard. It pains me every time I go to a car meet to see some owner with a mis-sized, incorrect offset set of rims that makes his or her car look stupid. you gotta have pride in this car. and I 'sit here all day' on a forum that is supposed to be filled with people over the age of 18 that have enough schooling and maturity to make a decent post. I am not asking for a term paper or a freaking literary masterpiece, just a decent, comprehendable message.

and just a note: you misspelled 'mispelled' in your post LOL
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 AM
platinumsc

I am paid by the U.S. department of education for each line of sentences I correct. so I 'win' about $30,000 a year in compensation.

I also get a tax write off for my Internet connection subscription.

and the only essay I have written in the past 5 years was for my girlfriend's College English class, spell check is available through Google toolbar and is a LIFESAVER sometimes. click and takes an extra .03 of a second to verify you aren't sounding like a jackass.
College English class - This is incorrect.
Since you're picking on others let me point out you only have to capitalize when writing the tiltle name of the class. An example would be, "English Literature 110 is the course I helped my girlfriend with". If you're getting paid for your grammar, you're either ripping someone off or they don't know as much as you do. Sorry!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by platinumsc
College English class - This is incorrect.
Since you're picking on others let me point out you only have to capitalize when writing the title name of the class. An example would be, "English Literature 110 is the course I helped my girlfriend with". If you're getting paid for your grammar, you're either ripping someone off or they don't know as much as you do. Sorry!
a - as I said, this forum is not an English class... there is a level it should be at, but capitalization is not on it.

b - she is a immigrant, so Engrish is her second language lol

and correct me if I am wrong, but English when speaking of the language is always capitalized. if you were speaking of the 'college' portion, yes you are correct

c - never said I was getting paid, it is my g/f.

I really don't want to have to go through and give examples of the sort of posts that are offensive, and the only reason this was even brought into this thread, is someone tried to insult me while incorrectly spelling a few words along the way.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

OMG you two!!! Get over it or take it to PM's. &... !!!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-25-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I wanna take it to the bedroom. I like em fiesty
Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I wanna take it to the bedroom. I like em fiesty
I've got to give you props for that comeback. Nice one!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 AM
ttuberz
Banned

I have to give you props for correcting me on the "misspelled" lol. Anyways, not everyone will like a certain wheel. We all have to accept that. I have seen the Thruxton wheels on a local Z and they were not so bad. I would still get Volks though. Have a nice day.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by sixsigmalarry
dkorr,
IMO, get what you like. I don't think any of these wheels are going to be a 'night and day' difference in regarding an impact to performance (unless one is significantly lighter than the rest).

I happen to like the Thruxtons the best out of the three you mentioned.

Good luck!
Thanks for the responses. And it only took 3 pages of posts to answer my original question. But some time has past since then. I'm now looking into Rota wheels... namely P45s or Torques. They're light and they're not that expensive. Please dont rain on my parade and tell me Rotas crack as well...

Thanks for the feedback RudeGv20 and Wasuber. Wasuber, you bought those 06 wheels from Pearia right under my nose!! BASTARD!!! hope he likes those Thruxtons though..

not feelin the Ronellos though, thanks anyways RudeGv20...

Last edited by dkorr; 06-01-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^Anytime. I thought you might want some advise from a former TSW owner. Good luck with your decision dkorr. It's all good! I'm glad that guys have different tastes on wheels. Otherwise it would be a very boring aftermarket for enthusiasts. I have to admit that I like the Mondello wheel on the G35 coupe better.

BTW, sorry your thread got hijacked by the association of super spellers enhancing sarcasm (ASSES), LOL!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:56 AM
wldkatz03

i've got 18" Kayalami's in hyper black!