Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tsw

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:28 PM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsw

anyone know which of the TSWs are best for our cars (looks, price, performance)?

a) Thruxton
b) Kyalami
c) Vortex
Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 PM
redlude97

Not the thruxtons, thats for sure

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154975
Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by redlude97
Not the thruxtons, thats for sure

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154975
OMG... how hard did you drive to get that?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy **** redlude, I just checked the g35 site...thats some messed up stuff.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Rob10_99

wtf link
Old 05-13-2007, 11:38 PM
chriskabobbers

IMO, past experiences with these rims, people laughed at me.

if you put these on your car ... people might laugh at you too ...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 AM
jimmyloose

Work!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:05 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In all fairness. All brands of wheels crack. Cheap wheels and expensive wheels alike. I am no fan of TSW. But let's be fair here.

JET
Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 AM
iknowitsfast

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers

Why did ppl laugh? Is it because these wheels just look funny or what? thanx
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers

ur a fking tool. Its funny because all I get our compliments from mine. My current wheels have survived 2 blowouts. Thats right folks, not one but 2!! My guess for that picture is they were 20's and hit something totally fked up. I had a dodge ram with some heavy duty 20 inch rims and those thing cracked like they were made of crayon's. If you hit an 10 inch pothole at 90 with any wheel they are going to crack. Period. Well ,except maybe for the workmiesters...lol
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Motormouth
Banned

TSW's are good for throwing at people, but I would never put them or reccommend anyone else put them on thier car either.

either stay stock or save up for some better rims. plus they have horrible designs. like a drunk rapper drew them.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 AM
AroundMyHorn

lol....I just read the whole story on that cracked rim. The dude who sold them to him previously had gotten into an accident before and had them rewelded!! WTF do you expect is going to happen after something like that? See, that the problem with the net... You guys see one picture and bam, you automatically jump to conclusions when in fact it all thiswas due to human error, not the manufacturer.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by Motormouth
TSW's are good for throwing at people, but I would never put them or reccommend anyone else put them on thier car either.

either stay stock or save up for some better rims. plus they have horrible designs. like a drunk rapper drew them.

another tool.

I dont like most of there designs but they got 2 models I like. I've seen ur rims dude, and the spare tire look is playedddddd.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 AM
sixsigmalarry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Opinion or Data/fact based

To the people that make negative comments on TSW wheels, do you have real data to back your claims or is this just opinion based (subjective).

I'm not insulting you or your beliefs. You'll have to pardon me, my discipline is data based. I am in the automotive industry and data is essential to making any good/beneficial engineering and/or process change.

So, if you have data, I'd love to see it because I am in the market for some wheels and you could really help me out. If not...well, keep on keepin' on, I guess...lol

I do like the Volks, by the way. But I also like the TSW Nogaros and yes....the Thruxtons.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Motormouth

Last edited by sixsigmalarry; 05-24-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahah......TSW=JUNK
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys have a lot to learn, and I find you often make judgements based off what you heard, vs what you know to be truth

they are comparable to many of the wheels many of you run on your own cars
Old 05-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by sixsigmalarry
To the people that make negative comments on TSW wheels, do you have real data to back your claims or is this just opinion based (subjective).

I'm not insulting you or your beliefs. You'll have to pardon me, my discipline is data based. I am in the automotive industry and data is essential to making any good/beneficial engineering and/or process change.

So, if you have data, I'd love to see it because I am in the market for some wheels and you could really help me out. If not...well, keep on keepin' on, I guess...lol

I do like the Volks, by the way. But I also like the TSW Nogaros and yes....the Thruxtons.

Thanks!
I think they are junk because they are ugly and heavy. I have never seen one break and the finish lasts on them.

I just think the stock wheels LOOK better than the designs they offer and it annoys me that people put them on a Z (like 22 inch chrome rims) I feel it is disrespectful to the car.

and if I had the ability to test them, I am so sure the design of the rims would show them to flex more, reduce performance and probably be weaker to physical damage. but that is just an assumption based off of thier price and design of the spokes.

but at this point it is a SUBJECTIVE opinion.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
another tool.

I dont like most of there designs but they got 2 models I like. I've seen ur rims dude, and the spare tire look is playedddddd.
That's great, and that is your opinion... just like my opinion is MY opinion... And with phrases like yours, I give much more weight to MY opinion over a douche that says 'ur' and 'played' in the same sentence, as well as using the incorrect 'there' instead of 'their'. So, why not go back to high school or try for a GED smart guy?

And I like my spare tires besides the fact that color has nothing to do with rim design
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
lol....I just read the whole story on that cracked rim. The dude who sold them to him previously had gotten into an accident before and had them rewelded!! WTF do you expect is going to happen after something like that? See, that the problem with the net... You guys see one picture and bam, you automatically jump to conclusions when in fact it all thiswas due to human error, not the manufacturer.
There have been stories about almost every rim company having cracked or defective rims. No rims manufacturer is exempt from either one or two bad rims OR impervious to street damage.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
platinumsc

Some of you guys sound like jerks who are followers instead of leaders, repeating crap without knowing the truth...sounding like owning a G35 or 350z makes you an elitest who has to put high end wheels on your car.
I have over 25 years experience with modding. TSW has a long history of making aftermarket wheels. They have been the wheel of choice of racing teams for years. I have never ever heard any stories of them breaking or bending under normal driving conditions. Just the opposite of many high end wheels that bend and break more easilty due to their lighter weight. I have never heard of TSW having surface or finish problems. Almost eveyone I know with high end wheels has to eventually have them refinished or polished...including me. High end wheels require much more care to keep them looking good.
I had a set of TSW in 93. I found them to be of good quality.
There is nothing wrong with buying high end wheels. There is also nothing wrong with buying good quality one piece cast wheels, especially from a reputable company.
So many guys talk that crap because they want to elevate themselves. Please don't put someone down for their choices.
Here's a pic of the TSW Nogaro on a Benz, looks great to me. If it looks good on a Benz how could it not be worthy of a Nissan?

Quick Reply: Tsw