Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk Time Attack Replica, ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yoichi
People who say volks are a fad are the people who wish they had it but will never get it. I guarantee you somewhere in their head, they are loving volks.

Says the guy with 10-15 name brands in his sig.

Whoever raves that volks are the **** and rolls on 19's is just interested in bling and name brand image. All these other wheels will PERFORM just fine.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by taurran

wned

Rota sucks ****ing bawls though
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Zexy
wned

Rota sucks ****ing bawls though
Really, I'd like to hear a good reason why, other than the fact that they've taken a couple other companies designs for their own wheels.

I haven't heard of a single set breaking under normal or spirited driving conditions.

I laugh at all the people talking down on them and rolling on 19" blinged out volk wheels. I mean, really, 19's suck. The only reason to buy them is looks. I regret buying mine. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Zexy

Really, I'd like to hear a good reason why, other than the fact that they've taken a couple other companies designs for their own wheels.

I haven't heard of a single set breaking under normal or spirited driving conditions.

I laugh at all the people talking down on them and rolling on 19" blinged out volk wheels. I mean, really, 19's suck. The only reason to buy them is looks. I regret buying mine. Oh well.

1)

I've seen many other interesting photos besides this one too.

2) You pay for what you get.

3) If i was the pres. and CEO of Volk, Work, etc. i'd be dissapointed if some cheap company duplicated my design. Make and benefit from your own design seriously. Copy manufacturers and companies are vultures seeking to profit from the ideas and pioneering of others. Not to mention the infamous lack of quality control that's apparent.

If you're out to use an idea.. Make an improvement with it.

I'm done here. Not looking for the infamous my350 forced induction style debate.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Oleg

Volks are MAD JDM TYTE YO!!!!!!!!!
Anyone who'd post a picture that says "Japan Domestic Market EGO" for a purpose other then a joke is a label whoring bafoon and should not be taken seriously. Anyone who has that pic at ready for a pavlovian responce to anything Rota related is a total dumbass.
Anyone who takes the car to extremes of racing (where the diffrence between the Volks and Rotas) would really present itself, has to be ready to replace wheel sets, b/c, as we all know, **** happens while racing. I highly doubt that most of us here can swap 3000$ wheel sets at will...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Zexy
1)

I've seen many other interesting photos besides this one too.

2) You pay for what you get.

3) If i was the pres. and CEO of Volk, Work, etc. i'd be dissapointed if some cheap company duplicated my design. Make and benefit from your own design seriously. Copy manufacturers and companies are vultures seeking to profit from the ideas and pioneering of others. Not to mention the infamous lack of quality control that's apparent.

If you're out to use an idea.. Make an improvement with it.

I'm done here. Not looking for the infamous my350 forced induction style debate.
I'd like to see the backstory on that, or even what kind of wheel that is. I have no idea what kind we're looking at. All of the Rota Z offerings that I've seen looked solid. The last time I saw a Rota "failure" pic, it was on a car that looked like it hit a wall at 70mph. Any wheel would fail under that sort of circumstance.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with Oleg that anyone who bashes others because they don't buy the same name brand pretty much sucks. I'd think people here would want the opposite - owning a wheel that no one else has. I bet it sucks driving around with Volk wheels at Z meets where 10 other people have the exact same wheel as you.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r_seng
real friends dont let friends drive on rotas
LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 04:55 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the fact that the picture of my old 06's rotas were on here being dissed and I didn't even know about it.

Honestly, heres the truth. It doesn't matter what people buy or don't buy. Whatever you like, you buy. Nobody can change your opinion on anything. I hit that mountain pretty hard when the car understeered and that rim shattered, and yes I was going 50mph but you guys need to realize that the brake rotor also shattered, the control arm also shattered. If you say a rota rim shattered like a mirror then so did OEM nissan brakes and so did the OEM nissan control arm.

For my 07' I went with Volks only because I like the styling options, the lightweight and the sizing. It's not about doing it right with the forged and what not. Rims are rims, made really for looks unless you use the vehicle for specific track use and for that you won't really purchase 19's so in that case it won't make sense.

I'm honored but at the same time embarassed to be on a JDM EGO ad. Well, times have changed and I drive a 07' on time attack TE37's so I got me a huge JDM EGO nowwwww. hahahahaha

Enjoy the pics, BTW I lifted the rear so I can roll the fenders next week and then lower it again with my coilovers.

Last edited by 97supratt; 07-28-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
NismoZ33

I'd like to see the backstory on that, or even what kind of wheel that is. I have no idea what kind we're looking at. All of the Rota Z offerings that I've seen looked solid. The last time I saw a Rota "failure" pic, it was on a car that looked like it hit a wall at 70mph. Any wheel would fail under that sort of circumstance.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with Oleg that anyone who bashes others because they don't buy the same name brand pretty much sucks. I'd think people here would want the opposite - owning a wheel that no one else has. I bet it sucks driving around with Volk wheels at Z meets where 10 other people have the exact same wheel as you.
Then damm hate going to a Meet and seeing everyone with the same car as you... too many Z

being different is not always good, if the company that you are supporting don't have much to back them up.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by NismoZ33
being different is not always good, if the company that you are supporting don't have much to back them up.
Grassroots Motorsports is in love with Rotas, and use them as often as they can on their various projects, which are frequently entered into autocross (or other automotive) competitions. Seems to me like that's as good support as any company can get! Keep in mind this is coming from someone who is about to drop a large amount of $$$ on some Volks... but it's as much because of the style, colour, and options (width and offset) of the Volks as it is the brand name itself. I don't see anything wrong with rocking Rotas, or any other rim for that matter, so long as you aren't trying to pass them off for something they're not.

Rotas won't win you show trophies, but then again, any SF or GT series Volks probably won't do you much good in an autocross or race competition (those are some heavy rims). As long as people don't pass off their Rotas for Volks or Works (or whatever brand design that particular Rota is copying), and as long as people don't pass off getting 19 inch Volks (particularly non-TE or non-CE rims) for their light weight and competition pedigree (since they are neither light in weight nor used in competition), then I don't really care what people run. If it looks good and you like them, even if I think they're ugly, then to you.

Last edited by Sea Bass; 07-28-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:41 PM
chriskabobbers

they look legit.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
dosu350

Anyone have more pics of the black rotas on a z?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Southgachik
akaAnnie Oakley

As bad as I hate to say it---I agree w/ Craig .... Copycats FTL.... It's hard enough trying not to have the same set up as everyone else... who wants to pay out the *** for wheels your neighbors at the next car show has.... Don't get me wrong I like the Volks as well... but my Checkbook would not... so I'll stick w/ my Gram Lights thank you... I happen to like being in the minority when it comes to my car... Different color... Different wheels...

The Rota's look fine... I've seen a set and thought they were Volks...wouldn't have really thought otherwise until someone said something about them later on...

In the end it's your car and your money... Pay for what YOU like.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 PM
yoichi

Whoever raves that volks are the **** and rolls on 19's is just interested in bling and name brand image. All these other wheels will PERFORM just fine.

Wait a minute man, I am not bashing anything or anyone. Rota's, ADR, Axis what ever you wanna run, thats all up to you. To each their own. Rota wheels will very well serve their purpose and look decent. Just don't copy other companies designs and stamp your name on it. For some people, authenticity and history of a certain product means something. 18s perform much better without a doubt. But 19s do look better. much better. but does everyone track their car everyday? I am not ashamed to say I chose nineteens cuz they look better but again they still only weigh 20lbs each.

What I'm trying to say is don't go around saying Volks are a "FAD". They are popular for a reason. They cost alot for a reason. If you want the best, gotta pay up.

Tauran, I see you got some name brand youself. I do love your car as I've seen some of your pics. One of the cleanest redlines here.
But you know you want people to notice your car too with the pic in your sig!!! Rays,...Ings....a fmic....lol

Last edited by yoichi; 07-28-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Oleg

Why does not the Body/exterior section have such massive public outcries of resentment in the Shine Autoproject replica bodykit threads?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:17 PM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Southgachik
so I'll stick w/ my Gram Lights thank you... I happen to like being in the minority when it comes to my car... Different color... Different wheels... .

Gram Lights FTW. nobodys got 'em!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by joshua_arebalo
What do you guys think?
about 22lbs a rim...hot or not?
i think by now pretty much everyone has seen these already.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can afford a Z why waste money on ****ty wheels.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
If you can afford a Z why waste money on ****ty wheels.

lol. my 16 year old ****-ant cousin can afford one now. Save your breath.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:59 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dosu350
Anyone have more pics of the black rotas on a z?
Search my username I had tons posted.

Quick Reply: Volk Time Attack Replica, ??