Originally Posted by Manu
Pirelli
Goodyear
Bridgestone
Michelin
Dunlop
Continental
(Yokohama) (Avon)

Those are premium brands IMO. The same argument that can be used to praise acceptable tires like Falken can be said about Rota's. It's a good product when you look at the price.

And please accept my apologies about the tone of my post to you. I just get tired of seeing people who feel superior because they bought Volks "for performance" but wrapped them in the cheapest rubber they found. Falken 452 isn't a bad tire, but it's no PS2. Anyways I didn't want to make my post to flame you in particular.

Cheers and have a good week-end
What about toyos? You think toyos are cheap? My toyos are much better than stock bridgestones. Stock bridgestones squeak on turns like a cat getting squished by a 3 ton truck. Toyo T1R's are pretty damn good for the price.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97supratt
What about toyos? You think toyos are cheap? My toyos are much better than stock bridgestones. Stock bridgestones squeak on turns like a cat getting squished by a 3 ton truck. Toyo T1R's are pretty damn good for the price.
According to his list BF Goodrich is cheap too..
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
According to his list BF Goodrich is cheap too..
Should we hold hands while we jump off the bridge?

This must be the end of the world as we know it! hahah
Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM
BaTMan_4

Pirelli
Goodyear
Bridgestone
Michelin
Dunlop
Continental
(Yokohama) (Avon)

Those are premium brands IMO. The same argument that can be used to praise acceptable tires like Falken can be said about Rota's. It's a good product when you look at the price.

And please accept my apologies about the tone of my post to you. I just get tired of seeing people who feel superior because they bought Volks "for performance" but wrapped them in the cheapest rubber they found. Falken 452 isn't a bad tire, but it's no PS2. Anyways I didn't want to make my post to flame you in particular.

Cheers and have a good week-end
I'm not sporting VOLKS and by no means feel superior and i never said ROTA rims suck...just dislike the whole theme stealing. I've had dunlop on my previous car and they where ****, horrible IMO....also had 2 pairs Yokohama and they where **** aswell, very noisy and low grip in the rain (hydroplanes going 40mph and cracked my OZ rim with the curb, Brigdestone...well my Z had the RE040 and and i hated them, my dads car has RE050 (is350) and they are decent, he has also had Continental tires on his BMW's but was never satisfied with them. I opted for the Falken because for a college student they are an affordable good tire and are quiet...i would have gotten Toyo but my friends Z is noisy with them on compared to mine....but again this is just my personal experiences and opinions. I understand where you are coming from with the anger but i just never said Rota rims suck
Old 08-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Manu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I'm saying that Toyo and BF Goodrich do not have the brand recognition of the first six I listed.

They sell good products for the price. I never said the contrary. But they're not premium. You won't see them underneath a supercar just yet.

My post was meant to highlight the hypocrisy of people who crap on Rotas because they are not "brand names" while at the same time accepting to compromise on other aspects of their vehicle, such as tires.

I like Rotas, I think they are great looking and affordable wheels and I'm glad they exist, same thing for affordable tires.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:25 PM
BaTMan_4

^ your posts keep sounding wrong...your basically bashing any tire that does not come stock on a car. In this level of car how many people do you see out there looking/wanting a Bridgestone RE040 in a 245/274 size to fit their aftermarket rims??? None because they perform poorly when put up against these "lower quality" tires as you make it seem...you are bashing anything that is not "main stream" which goes the same to the VOLK fan boys as they seem to be the "main stream" but when comparing a tire to a rim its not the same situation...tire brands don't copy the themes of high "name brand" tires as you call it. I mean once you get the big baller cars do you see the PS2's stock, which i'm sure most on here would say is a great tire...but for the most part excluding those european high end sports cars' tires there is always a better performing tire around the corner.

im not bashing you just that the argument of a rim company stealing a theme of another does not apply and cannot be argued in a tire.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Blue Liquid

I run Kumho Ecsta Victoracers year-round on my SSR Comp H. R Compound owns. subydude, did you get my last post?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 PM
97supratt

I'm saying that Toyo and BF Goodrich do not have the brand recognition of the first six I listed.

They sell good products for the price. I never said the contrary. But they're not premium. You won't see them underneath a supercar just yet.

My post was meant to highlight the hypocrisy of people who crap on Rotas because they are not "brand names" while at the same time accepting to compromise on other aspects of their vehicle, such as tires.

I like Rotas, I think they are great looking and affordable wheels and I'm glad they exist, same thing for affordable tires.

Honestly, I don't think anyone should hate on any wheel. Some wheels are less expensive than others because of material costs, manufacturing costs, and production costs. I had rotas, and now I have volks. I can honesty say there is a difference, but there is also a big difference in price. So if a owner doesn't have or want to spend that kinda money on wheels then they won't. That is the logic I used when I purchased the rotas on my 06'. I knew I would drive the hell outta the car so I purchased wide wheels that were inexpensive and bought expensive tires that had a purpose. In my case, I got into the accident and got screwd in the end and the insurance company didn't pay for my wheels. So if I had a 4k dollar set of volks, I would have been screwd even worse. Moral of the story is, buy what you want.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:33 PM
mario23

Amen!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 PM
97supratt

Many shots of vodka, and yes i'm buzzing. Good night My350z.com
Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
archspeed

Hehheheh....

Let's stop worrying about rims and tires and let's worry about that little puny *** weak sauce, Honda-Fit-sized front brake calipers that comes stock on our cars...

I mean, whenever I see a Z with 20's Volks I'm like NICEEEE...then I look inside the rims and saw enough space between rims and stock calipers to fit five families of gophers...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
12oyce

mr. sparco, did you paint the whole rim, or just add the red? if you did, what kind of paint did you use??
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
To those people saying that Volks are a fad, consider what wheels come stock on the Touring edition Z. \
Track.. i got no Volks with my Touring
Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
03redlineZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yoichi
Volks are not just for social status buddy. People like myself and most others want the best for our cars. Rays happens to make perfect looking wheels for our cars. Just happens to be the best looking and best quality and the priciest. Hey, if rotas make people happy, then great but don't go around saying sh** about social status and crap. There is a reason all the sickest Z's on this forum rock Volks, Work, Advan, AME etc etc.

I love my Volks, its nice to have some JDM bling on the car....

Personally I think the Rotas look ok, as long as they dont put VOlk Stickers on them! THat should be a crime....