Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk Time Attack Replica, ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:00 AM
rkd350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you know we all know that you have to drop your ride..
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkd350z
I know you know we all know that you have to drop your ride..

It looks like a 4x4 huh. LMAO
Old 07-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Southgachik
akaAnnie Oakley

Originally Posted by sofa king
Gram Lights FTW. nobodys got 'em!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by yoichi
Wait a minute man, I am not bashing anything or anyone. Rota's, ADR, Axis what ever you wanna run, thats all up to you. To each their own. Rota wheels will very well serve their purpose and look decent. Just don't copy other companies designs and stamp your name on it. For some people, authenticity and history of a certain product means something. 18s perform much better without a doubt. But 19s do look better. much better. but does everyone track their car everyday? I am not ashamed to say I chose nineteens cuz they look better but again they still only weigh 20lbs each.

What I'm trying to say is don't go around saying Volks are a "FAD". They are popular for a reason. They cost alot for a reason. If you want the best, gotta pay up.

Tauran, I see you got some name brand youself. I do love your car as I've seen some of your pics. One of the cleanest redlines here.
But you know you want people to notice your car too with the pic in your sig!!! Rays,...Ings....a fmic....lol
Touche, I actually agree with you when you put it that way.

It totalyl depends on the wheel style when it comes to how much better 19's look. Of course 18's look like crap with huge lips. I don't get why people try for a LIP when they get an 18" wheel. Get a "racey" looking wheel with no polished lip and half the time you can't tell if they're 18s or 19s. Such is the reason why I love the ce28/te37/kai styles in 18 so much...

Nothing wrong with brand names, just pointing out that people that usually bash on anything non-JDM are the ones that buy parts based on the brand name alone.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Southgachik
As bad as I hate to say it---I agree w/ Craig .... Copycats FTL.... It's hard enough trying not to have the same set up as everyone else... who wants to pay out the *** for wheels your neighbors at the next car show has.... Don't get me wrong I like the Volks as well... but my Checkbook would not... so I'll stick w/ my Gram Lights thank you... I happen to like being in the minority when it comes to my car... Different color... Different wheels...

The Rota's look fine... I've seen a set and thought they were Volks...wouldn't have really thought otherwise until someone said something about them later on...

In the end it's your car and your money... Pay for what YOU like.
Gimme a break... Don't assume you know me. You're the one that's never had the cahones to say a word to me in person. Next time maybe you should tell me what you really think of me, based on the women's lies passed around in that sewing circle you call a car club.

Anyway, I'm right. No shame in agreeing with that. As far as copycats, I guess there's a reason why half the Z's in tampa have similar setups as me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Last edited by taurran; 07-29-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM
mario23

There's tons of info out there on the quality of different wheels. Its just a matter of deciding what you want out of the setup and how the different brands stack up. I always heard great things about the Volks (build, weight, ect...) but I said the same thing back then...I can't afford them. I got lucky and bought a used set from a friend on this forum and love them. They are not the only wheels I like, but they are my favorite no doubt. Not bashing any other wheels out there cuz there are tons to choose from. The fact is it doesn't matter what other people have. Get what you like. Your going to hear people talking smack about every wheel in production around here. You just need to make your own well informed decision on that. No need for name calling like some on here always seem to resort to (usually the same people time and time again). Find out how the wheel is built, what the specs are, and how it has held up in real world conditions. And enjoy your car!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM
yoichi

Originally Posted by taurran
Touche, I actually agree with you when you put it that way.

It totalyl depends on the wheel style when it comes to how much better 19's look. Of course 18's look like crap with huge lips. I don't get why people try for a LIP when they get an 18" wheel. Get a "racey" looking wheel with no polished lip and half the time you can't tell if they're 18s or 19s. Such is the reason why I love the ce28/te37/kai styles in 18 so much...

Nothing wrong with brand names, just pointing out that people that usually bash on anything non-JDM are the ones that buy parts based on the brand name alone.

If I were to get 18's I would get the ce28/Cr-kai as well as advans w/ a extremely low drop. now that is sexy. but come on now taurann, we 19 inchers love our look without a doubt. admit it......lol
Old 07-29-2007, 06:22 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by yoichi
If I were to get 18's I would get the ce28/Cr-kai as well as advans w/ a extremely low drop. now that is sexy. but come on now taurann, we 19 inchers love our look without a doubt. admit it......lol
Yep, unfortunately for me when you take off and spin tires through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd you go from looking like big pimpin to big jackass real quick.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
trackpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd rock em. There's nothing wrong with Rota's, i had some slipstreams on my old GSR. And the main reason people buy rims are for looks. If you're buying them for the track then obviously go for the higher $$$ stuff...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Southgachik
laughing @ me or with me? i love my gram lights.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gimme a break... Don't assume you know me. You're the one that's never had the cahones to say a word to me in person. Next time maybe you should tell me what you really think of me, based on the women's lies passed around in that sewing circle you call a car club.

uh oh! tupac, biggie??
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
taurran

uh oh! tupac, biggie??
I think I'd be Tupac.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Southgachik
akaAnnie Oakley

laughing @ me or with me? i love my gram lights.
I love my grams as well.. wasn't supposed to be laughing... sorry Was thinking more of a rock on smilie.. haha

Last edited by Southgachik; 07-29-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'd be Tupac.

Thug Life Tattoo?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Blue Liquid

Subydude, what offset on the P45R will work with Stoptech big brake kits? +30? I'm currently running the Stoptech 13 inch front and rear big brake kit, and I'm curious about wheel clearance. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Rota isn't a bad wheel company, they make quality stuff.

On a side note, I'm willing to bet that most of the Volk owners on this site didn't write a check for their wheels, they put them on some line of credit. That's how they can they can brag that they can "afford" quality wheels.

Credit card debt FTL.
I didn't sign a check but I used a debit card...... hehehehehehe
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 AM
Manu

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
ROTA's FTL. IMO any company that jocks other brands rim styles & themes is lame.
I think it's lame to wrap quality wheels like work with ****ty **** low quality budget tires like Falken. Sorry but you got NO room to talk. You compromised on the single most important part of your car.

Anyone beating his chest because he bought Volks/Works better have them wrapped in some premium rubber.

Or did you choose an underperforming tire just because you wanted to ?

Last edited by Manu; 08-03-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:09 AM
BaTMan_4

^ show me where its a crappy tire???? if i can recall correctly they have a Drift team and they are the wheels on the TEIN cars. I see that you are from Europe...wtf is a nice rubber for you, Pirelli....and don't come with Toyo being a far more superior tire to a Falken. I know Falken ain't the best rim out there but hey its a good tire.

Last edited by BaTMan_4; 08-03-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Manu

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
^ show me where its a crappy tire???? if i can recall correctly they have a Drift team and they are the wheels on the TEIN cars. I see that you are from Europe...wtf is a nice rubber for you, Pirelli....and don't come with Toyo being a far more superior tire to a Falken. I know Falken ain't the best rim out there but hey its a good tire.
Pirelli
Goodyear
Bridgestone
Michelin
Dunlop
Continental
(Yokohama) (Avon)

Those are premium brands IMO. The same argument that can be used to praise acceptable tires like Falken can be said about Rota's. It's a good product when you look at the price.

And please accept my apologies about the tone of my post to you. I just get tired of seeing people who feel superior because they bought Volks "for performance" but wrapped them in the cheapest rubber they found. Falken 452 isn't a bad tire, but it's no PS2. Anyways I didn't want to make my post to flame you in particular.

Cheers and have a good week-end

Last edited by Manu; 08-03-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

OP: I don't know about the quality of Sparco / Crimson wheels (made in Japan) compared to Rotas but I made my own version.

Quick Reply: Volk Time Attack Replica, ??