Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

TMPS - Reading Error Fluctuates - Only on front left tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007 | 03:15 PM
xdragus

Default TMPS - Reading Error Fluctuates - Only on front left tire

Last night I decided to go for a little cruise at night time,

just doing my usual slow cruise and I noticed my tps light came on - I was thinking it was the cool weather and thats why it was reading 26 (where as my other tires were in the 32 range). But then after driving about 10 minutes...the reading for one of them went to 0 and of course I get the beep.

It's 0 for a few minutes and then from there it fluctuates from 0 to 10, 10 to 26...29...and so forth.

So this morning it does it again and I decided to fill all my tires back to 35-36. Still getting the fluctuation from it reading it as 0(not -- but actual 0) to 36.

Does having VDC off cause any of this as I just started driving with it off to see what was different. I'm thinking this might be a loose wire so any way I can DIY this without taking it to the stealership?

edit: I forgot to mention - i'm completely stock
Old 09-08-2007 | 08:09 AM
xdragus

okay dropped by the dealership today and talked to one of the mechanics. For those with this kind of problem - its one of two things,

1. That sensor there got dmged (and thats why it fluctuates 0 to whatever psi, however usually when its dmged it'll just read --)

2. The valve has dirt/water or isn't on properly. He said not to use plastic ones as the nissan ones are a lil smaller than the ones you can buy at other places.

Sure enough I guess my valve got loose and thats why it was giving me retarded readings so everything is back to normal and on the plus side, i'm surprised he didn't try to sell me a new TPS for that tire as he even told me its not even worth the $120 for the new one unless I was really annoyed with the beep everytime I drove the car
Old 09-08-2007 | 01:53 PM
Spork

Judging by your sig I'd guess the problems with the TPMS can be traced back to the "junk and dust" on your Z...