Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

a few noobish questions--te37's

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, you stalkin me bro? HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Serious though, when I swithced to the BFG's I had to cut my fenders. When I was running the Continental's, I had no issues. I'm still running the same 285/35 as I did before but I think it has to do with the fact that the BFG's has a section width of 11.6" vs. sect. width of 11.4" for the Conti's.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
WOW, you stalkin me bro?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
WPPJR30

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
WOW, you stalkin me bro? HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Serious though, when I swithced to the BFG's I had to cut my fenders. When I was running the Continental's, I had no issues. I'm still running the same 285/35 as I did before but I think it has to do with the fact that the BFG's has a section width of 11.6" vs. sect. width of 11.4" for the Conti's.
... No, but that was my thread (so I was obviously subscribed to it) and I remembered your response because it confirmed exactly what I wanted to hear. I had wanted to run that set-up (285/35 rears) and didn't know if I would have to roll my fenders. So when you said you were fine, I was certainly going to remember it...

I would have guessed it was the BFG tires that forced you to cut your fenders. I know they run a little wider. I just sold my TE's and ordered something a little different. I want to get the BFG's, but I am going to do 275 rears I think, depsite the fact that my fenders are rolled...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

bumping this cuz i have another stuuuuuuupid question and i don't have the patience to go searching for the answer right now...

i think i know the answer to this but i just want to make sure...
regarding alignments-- i should get the springs installed first, let the car settle, and then get the alignment, correct?
now... how often do people get alignments? i mean, do you need one every time you take off wheels and put other wheels on? or even just take off wheels to clean them, etc? i don't actually know what is adjusted during an alignment.... hence, the question.
also... regarding the tpms.. if i get the car reprogrammed to read the tpms that're in the wheels now, it'll automatically detect them even if i take the wheels off and put them back on, right? riiiiight? makes sense in my head, i think. cuz you're programming the car to read those specific tpms thingies.

see, my springs are finally here, i'm wondering if i should go get them installed and the tpms reprogrammed, then drive around for a week or whatever and then get the alignment. the lug nuts aren't in yet.. i can change out those whenever, right? doesn't affect alignment or anything....right?

i am such a noob
Old 02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
bumping this cuz i have another stuuuuuuupid question and i don't have the patience to go searching for the answer right now...

i think i know the answer to this but i just want to make sure...
regarding alignments-- i should get the springs installed first, let the car settle, and then get the alignment, correct?
now... how often do people get alignments? i mean, do you need one every time you take off wheels and put other wheels on? or even just take off wheels to clean them, etc? i don't actually know what is adjusted during an alignment.... hence, the question.
also... regarding the tpms.. if i get the car reprogrammed to read the tpms that're in the wheels now, it'll automatically detect them even if i take the wheels off and put them back on, right? riiiiight? makes sense in my head, i think. cuz you're programming the car to read those specific tpms thingies.

i am such a noob
yes, get the springs, let it settle then align. I do mine yearly because there really are no major potholes around here that will knock it out of alignment.
You can just check for tire wear every month. If you see some unusual tire wear, then get another alignment.

Taking wheels on and off doesn't mess with the alignment whatsoeover unless you mounted the wheels on wrong. But if you have hub centric rings, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, after the tpms are programed, it will detect them. Make sure you have the same wheel on the same spot after you take off wheels though. If not, it won't detect it. Having a staggered set of wheels is easy to find out which is which. If you put the rim on the wrong side, just switch it and it will work.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

you are awesome.