Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin07Z
Anybody that says a BBS wheel is overpriced and then goes and pays the same for a Volk wheel is retawded. So far:

1) I spent too much for a set of wheels you have no idea what I paid
2) I can't say I owned a car because it was stock
3) you're proud of looking like a tool in your username and avatar here
4) You support Rotas, the worst wheel made

I think that about sums up a qualty guy like yourself...yet I'm sure you're and Freak's little pea brains are thinking I'm "pwned" now.

yup, pretty much. you are pawned like the noob you are. have fun with your TEG Heour. make sure to casually pull your sleeve up when you are talking to the girls at the bar so they know you have a TOG Hoar

1) not the point (sigh, again)
2) you owned a civic... and a STOCK civic. and bothered to put it in a sig on a 350z enthusiast site... waytogo.
3) I am sure I look like a tool since I am in my avatar and apparently (because only your opinion matters) motormouth is a tool name. thanks for the compliments.
4) yeah... again, you are not so smart. just give up cause the hole you are digging is filling up with the **** coming out of your mouth. and no one wants to drown in bull ****.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Motormouth
Banned

And Motormouth (ironic huh?) CALL THE MOD POLICE, I CAN'T HAVE A CAR THAT'S STOCK AND SAY I OWNED IT!!!!! OHHH NOESSS!!!! A STOCK CAR!!! Get a life modboy.
but wait I thought you were the guy ragging on everyone else for getting Rotas. or for Freak wearing a Casio (lol). now you are proud of a civic... and a stock one? dude, I have never even OWNED a civic... you are the ricer wanabe here.

still making fun of people for driving Civics? self loathing is a bish aint it?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 AM
jdhuegel1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zSupreme7
I know someone that spun out on the freeway doing about 60. Smacked into one of those concrete jersey barriers. One of the rear wheels took all the impact. The lip was severely bent, but the wheel did not crack AT ALL. Suspension suffered 0 damage.

The wheel? PIAA Super Rozza 19x10. This quality 2pc cast wheel held up like a champ.

The same person sideswiped a curb doing about 30. The front corner of the car climbed up the curb, and that front wheel ended up on the sidewalk. The wheel shattered. All 7 of the spokes separated from the barrel

The wheel? Axis Se7en Mod 19x8. Results for this cheaper 1pc cast wheel shouldn't surprise you.

I'm sure both wheels, under normal driving conditions offer the same result. Rotation. Can't say much for cars hopping curbs or smacking barriers. Nice to know that the PIAA held up though, but I'd still get a new one.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know someone that spun out on the freeway doing about 60. Smacked into one of those concrete jersey barriers. One of the rear wheels took all the impact. The lip was severely bent, but the wheel did not crack AT ALL. Suspension suffered 0 damage.

The wheel? PIAA Super Rozza 19x10. This quality 2pc cast wheel held up like a champ.

The same person sideswiped a curb doing about 30. The front corner of the car climbed up the curb, and that front wheel ended up on the sidewalk. The wheel shattered. All 7 of the spokes separated from the barrel

The wheel? Axis Se7en Mod 19x8. Results for this cheaper 1pc cast wheel shouldn't surprise you.
A curb and a barrier are two different things. A concrete barrier is designed to lesson and spread the impact so it's not all thrown into one spot. Hitting a curb puts all the force into one spot, the wheel. Not that you can't be right, but the comparison isn't the same.

Last edited by bender; 02-05-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
sofa king
Banned

Cant say I've seen that, but it sounds bad. And that's what I'd expect of a quality wheel. Do any of you really think a OZ, BBS, Work, Volk wheel would just shatter like the Rotas do? I mean come on, the lack of quality in a Rota wheel is obvious. Just go up to one and look closely at the poor finish, and general lack of quality, it's instantly apparent.

this dude is all over BBS & Volk's bawlz! are you a professional **** sucker or something? stop making a shopping list of expensive wheels, youre not proving anything.

just , youre doing a shitty job of getting me to NOT buy Rotas.

do you <3 my fake wheels?

Last edited by sofa king; 02-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
sofa king
Banned

oh yah? well i know a guy, who knows a guy who wanted me to tell you, bawz in ya mouf!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Motormouth
Banned

bawlz In Yo Mouf Son!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
andypandy

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
I see no point in you making this thread, seriously what is your point?

The guy hit a curb!!!! Do you really expect a cast wheel to no break if you slam it into a curb from the side?

omg I hit a curb with my volk rim, why didn't it stay in perfect shape. cheap piece of crap

omg here's my volk ce28 after hitting a small bump in the road, why isn't the wheel perfect still

Funny how I've never damaged a Rota rim, hit the same bump that bent my Volk tons of times and the Rota rim hasn't been damaged. Maybe I should go slam into a curb if I want to break one....

Justin07Z - stop posting misinformation.
That's a Te37. Besides, there are 3 bends on that wheel. So, how does 1 "small bump" on the road cause 3 bends on that wheel? hmmmm... doesn't add up, does it?

edit:
Pic didn't load. :P

At least that CE can be fixed easily. The structural integrity of the wheel wouldn't be compromised either.

When I had my Blitz Technospeed Z1 on my g, I hit a massive pothole and bent the inner half barrel by mere 5 mm. Granted, I had that fixed with minimal effort as the structural integrity of the wheel was not compromised (it is a 3 piece all-forged wheel produced by Enkei).

I admit, Rota wheels do look great... after all, they are pretty much the same product of every other good looking wheel. However, I am quite concerned with the structural integrity of the molten aluminum itself (porous or perhaps impurities?), which is probably the biggest reason for the failure. Countless pictures of de-faced wheels with spokes completely torn off and cracks at the barrels should be a strong indication of why these wheels fail.

I just called their N. American Distributor and asked if these wheels are ISO 8001 and JWL certified, but apparently the representative had no clue wtf I was talking about.

I'm sure these wheels will work fine when utilized as intended, but every day driving will bring the unexpected. There is a reason why these wheels are dirt cheap, and that's one thing that'll keep me away from them.

Last edited by andypandy; 02-05-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:51 AM
tware

Originally Posted by andypandy

I just called their N. American Distributor and asked if these wheels are ISO 8001 and JWL certified, but apparently the representative had no clue wtf I was talking about.

FINALLY! Now *that* is an interesting observation.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 AM
terrorist22

All you have to know is that he called a factory-prepared 24 Hours of Nurburgring 320 diesel a "rice car"

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/326048-12-inch-wide-rims-mmm-4.html
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
taurran

Countless pictures of de-faced wheels with spokes completely torn off and cracks at the barrels should be a strong indication of why these wheels fail.
Countless pictures? I haven't seen more than 7 or 8 at most. This is all I see in this thread is stereotypical exaggeration. Besides, I've NEVER seen any of the newer Rota models offered for the Z have any issues.

I've seen more pictures of cracked or broken Axis wheels than I ever have Rota.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

It depends who you talk to at Rota NA, most of the representatives speak English as their second language and so they often miss what you are asking. Also because they aren't making the wheels at this facility (it is just a distribution center) they aren't trained to know the specifics on each wheel.

If you have any specific questions about Rota wheels please send me a PM and I can help you out.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In all the pictures (mostly the same pictures over and over again) i've seen of Rota's breaking, it's because the driver was a dumbass.

This is no different. I've seen the original thread. Some kid thought he would be a honda snow drifting hero in his integra and ended up putting his car sideways into a curb.

In the few instances where a rota wheel started to crack to no fault of the owner, i've seen Rota replace the wheels right away and take care of their customers.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Also for those questioning the strength of our 350Z fitment wheels. Here they are in action on the GST Impreza Time Attack car. This car makes well over 500hp and is driven insanely hard by driver Brian Lock. They have been extremely happy with the wheels.

Our Rota P45R 18x9.5 in Flat Black w/ Red Lip

Our Rota Torque 18x9.5 in Tommy Gold
Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Rowlett

haha....I dont care what wheels i have if theres one bend, or all shattered, your wheel is still Fuked... Id just be glad i didnt over pay, just to have cool, unique custome wheels ...
Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Also for those questioning the strength of our 350Z fitment wheels. Here they are in action on the GST Impreza Time Attack car. This car makes well over 500hp and is driven insanely hard by driver Brian Lock. They have been extremely happy with the wheels.

Our Rota P45R 18x9.5 in Flat Black w/ Red Lip

Our Rota Torque 18x9.5 in Tommy Gold
Finally...The man Talked..
Old 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
worldchamp

rotas are good wheels. i have owned plenty of them and never had 1 problem. no1 is better just cause you have a more expensive wheel, thats just rediculous..... just get what you like and dont worry about other people. you can build a clean car overall and have rotas and get respect....

Quick Reply: Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside