Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin07Z
Nope, I didn't get them from the tire rack, but if you knew anything about wheels, making fun of BBS' version of a monoblock, forged racing wheel makes, well no sense. I too know TE-37's, been there done that. Loved those too. Is it a crime for me to dislike Rotas because they are cheaply made, poor quality wheels? I guess so. So I wear a Tag? BTW, it's HEUER. I can't help that you feel threatened by a "noob" that has nice things, gasp! and has car knowledge without bowing to the "old Z members." I've been a member of, oh about, 15 car enthusiast forums, I'm not new to any of the things you guys speak of around here. Does that make me better than anybody? Of course not, but don't talk down to me, you have no room to speak, that's for sure.

Kind of hard to say I "overpaid" when, well you have no idea what I paid. Your credibility is zilch buddy, stop assuming everything, it just makes you look the idiot.
you wanna compare forum memberships? comeon now... and i'm not making fun of BBS rims, just your superultrawesomeoneofakind RARE rims lol. I love BBS and my #1 rim underneatht he TE37s is the BBS LM.

and threatened? are you serious? get a clue man, you are a joke and I the only way you could threaten me is if you actually knew what you were talking about. which you don't. soo... yeah.

and what I meant by the overpaid comment is that all BBS rims are overpriced. so therefore you overpaid.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To anaswer why I've owned Honda/Acura products, well, you are 110% correct, my first car was a 2000 black Civic Si, not riced, not anything, just stock. I bought a 05 new Civic VP for under $12K brand new as a daily to get 40mpg and not beat the hell outta my E36 M3's. Good enough for ya?

Oh and I like Celine Dion, Kenny G, and N Stink, so I dislike you even more for telling me you like death metal. "Yo momma..."
are you for serious? you are putting stock cars in your sig line? why? I figured you had at least modded them if they got in your sig. oh and you had more than one M3 at the same time? WOW buddy, you are impressing me now.

so again, you now admit that you owned a Civic, and you were making fun of me by telling me I should get a Civic, therefore making fun of yourself.

smooth move. you should just stop cause it's almost not funny anymore. I am feeling more sorry than amused (it's like a needle gauge and it keeps dropping).
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Justin07Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your posts=teh fails./
Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by Freak
this guy is pathetic, he keeps PM'ing me with these lamer ownage attempts. i almost wanna put him on ignore, but i step back and find myself somewhat amused

And you really should stfu, you:

A: Sold a Z to buy a 5 cylinder, bitchmobile Hummer M3
B: Post on a CAR forum about leaving your wife
C. I win.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Justin07Z

And Motormouth (ironic huh?) CALL THE MOD POLICE, I CAN'T HAVE A CAR THAT'S STOCK AND SAY I OWNED IT!!!!! OHHH NOESSS!!!! A STOCK CAR!!! Get a life modboy.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by Motormouth
you wanna compare forum memberships? comeon now... and i'm not making fun of BBS rims, just your superultrawesomeoneofakind RARE rims lol. I love BBS and my #1 rim underneatht he TE37s is the BBS LM.

and threatened? are you serious? get a clue man, you are a joke and I the only way you could threaten me is if you actually knew what you were talking about. which you don't. soo... yeah.

and what I meant by the overpaid comment is that all BBS rims are overpriced. so therefore you overpaid.

Anybody that says a BBS wheel is overpriced and then goes and pays the same for a Volk wheel is retawded. So far:

1) I spent too much for a set of wheels you have no idea what I paid
2) I can't say I owned a car because it was stock
3) you're proud of looking like a tool in your username and avatar here
4) You support Rotas, the worst wheel made

I think that about sums up a qualty guy like yourself...yet I'm sure you're and Freak's little pea brains are thinking I'm "pwned" now.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Justin07Z

n00bness of epic proportions. am i supposed to feel belittled that you feel they urge to bring up my past thread history?
so wait, because they are your "past posts" I'm the noob? Interesting logic....
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Justin07Z

i think i actually want to fight you. /serious

U'd lose. Badly. I'm still waiting for your pic fatazz.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Justin07Z

ya your one to talk...have you owned a car with over 185hp or worth more then $10k?
No, my 300+ hp camm'd M3, my 300+ hp current Z, are all, I assure you, better than a 5 cylinder Hummer that can't get out of its own way.

And for the record, so all the readers are clear. You're arguing with someone that A) Actually drives a real car B) doesnt post like a little bitchboy in every thread C) actually backs up his shiz in the exercise forum, and D) doesnt post in a car forum about others advice with his wife....fukn tard.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4) You support Rotas, the worst wheel made

Funny, because you were preaching the superiority of pressure cast wheels to Rota's without knowing that Rota wheels were pressure casted themselves.

I thought "pressure casted" wheels were superior according to you?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by bender
Funny, because you were preaching the superiority of pressure cast wheels to Rota's without knowing that Rota wheels were pressure casted themselves.

I thought "pressure casted" wheels were superior according to you?
There is more than one way to pressure cast a wheel. Just like there's more than one form of stainless steel. Look, I'm not trying to get you guys all worked up, but take a quality cast wheel, like a Enkei, OZ superleggera/ultraleggera, BBS RK/RX/RC non forged, etc and look at their casting process vs Rota and I think you'd be surprised at the corners cut in the making of a Rota wheel.

This is obviously a lose lose battle, you guys like a inferior quality wheel, or others feel the need to jab personal attacks in, great. But my statement still stands that Rota makes an inferior product. But hey, there's tons of members here that run them, Toyo tires, and Injen products (and I think all of those are inferior products I'd never run on my own car, my opinion, you can have yours). I'm o-u-t.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
tware

I'm waiting for you to actually explain your position instead of just stating it over and over. Seriously, what do you know about how Rota makes wheels? Tell me you have experience in the process of making wheels first hand.. tell me you've ninja'd your way into the factory in the middle of the night and saw them melting babies down to make Rotas. Anything, tell us what you know, not what you think.

Last edited by tware; 02-05-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
taurran

This forum is overrun with elitist brand-name-whoring know-nothings. They claim to know why a product is "better", but really base their "knowledge" on nothing more than what they're told is nice, and a price tag. These are the same people that will spend $2500 on an oil cooler because it has ARC spray painted on it. They're the same people that claim that two turbos are always better than one. They're the same that insist that all rota wheels are crap, even though they know little of the circumstances of the 5-10 images of broken wheels on the web.

They're no better than the kiddies on streetfire.net or youtube who say that 350z's are slow pigs of cars that can be beat by stock altimas.

All are equally ignorant.

No one is saying that Rota is as good or better than wheels like Work or Volk. They're sayign that they're good enough for 99.9% of the owners on these forums. If I can launch with 500+whp on rotas and a set a drag radials, and people can run on road courses and autocross tracks with them on a weekly basis, then they're certainly good enough for you cruising down to the local junior high to pick up a date.

Last edited by taurran; 02-04-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
zSupreme7
Banned

I know someone that spun out on the freeway doing about 60. Smacked into one of those concrete jersey barriers. One of the rear wheels took all the impact. The lip was severely bent, but the wheel did not crack AT ALL. Suspension suffered 0 damage.

The wheel? PIAA Super Rozza 19x10. This quality 2pc cast wheel held up like a champ.

The same person sideswiped a curb doing about 30. The front corner of the car climbed up the curb, and that front wheel ended up on the sidewalk. The wheel shattered. All 7 of the spokes separated from the barrel

The wheel? Axis Se7en Mod 19x8. Results for this cheaper 1pc cast wheel shouldn't surprise you.

Quick Reply: Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside