Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 PM
gdup35sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, of course that's gonna happen with a one piece cast wheel if you slam it into a fukcing curb... Any wheel is going to get bent or worse if you hit a curb that hard.

I've had Rota's on my G for 4 months and i drive my car like i stole it everyday and they've been perfectly fine.

Moral of the story... dont drive like a fukcin idiot and youre wheels wont break. You can hate on Rota's all you want but its not going to keep people from putting them on their cars.
-GP-
Old 02-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by 350ZPK
Can you be more clear?

PS. hope u like the tires

I don't like Rotas. Clear as night...err wait.

Tires are on and ready for....more snow hehe.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

once again.......

Originally Posted by bender
What are these materials you speak of? Also, what's the worst process known to man? I'd like to know. Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
taurran

So that guys car must have been making SO MUCH torque that it snapped that wheel? Give me a break, look at the wheel and assume what kind of car it was on.

The guy hit something at a high speed (sliding towards a phone pole?) and wrecked his wheel. If it were any other brand no one would make any mention of it.

Wake up people.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin07Z
That Rotas suck? That's public, common knowledge genius. Anyone defending a set of wheels thats $750 shipped at any dimestore needs to get a life....they suck, you know it, Volk owners know it, BBS owners know it, shoot TSW owners even know it. How's that for misinformation?
I own Volks (not your superultrarare BBS rims... "lol") and I don't think Rotas suck. where can I find a copy of this 'public, common knowledge' press release about Rota rims?

you sir, should move on to your next car.

Last edited by Motormouth; 02-04-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Motormouth
Banned

The scary thing is how Rotas are relatively lightweight, and made with the worst materials and process known to man. That should be a preface to the expectation of what they'll do when subjected to any stresses. El breako. My fully forged BBS RE's wouldn't flinch.
again, care to share your inside knowledge of thier manufacturing process and material composition?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I own Volks (not your superultrarare BBS rims... "lol") and I don't think Rotas suck. where can I find a copy of this 'public, common knowledge' press release about Rota rims?

you sir, should move on to your next car.
I'll move on to my next car when I damn well please...thank you very much. I hope Hillary wins.

Rotas casting process is subpar at best, you ever compare the finish of one to say, a cast OZ? Huge difference. Pressure casting is much stronger. As with everything, you get what you pay for. You want a $700 SET of wheels? That's the quality you're paying for. You defending Rotas makes me think *you* should move on to a new car, say a Civic, something you can rock dose Rotas on and be a meet superstar with all your little 3FAZT3FURRRRRIEEESSS Friendzzz!

EDIT: I say goddamn you're a post *****! 8K posts in 2 years? Between your username, avatar pic, post whoring, and "banned?" name, I can tell you're top notch, high class all the way. What are you, 20?

Last edited by Justin07Z; 02-04-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They all roll.

/thread
Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I'll move on to my next car when I damn well please...thank you very much. I hope Hillary wins.

Rotas casting process is subpar at best, you ever compare the finish of one to say, a cast OZ? Huge difference. Pressure casting is much stronger. As with everything, you get what you pay for. You want a $700 SET of wheels? That's the quality you're paying for. You defending Rotas makes me think *you* should move on to a new car, say a Civic, something you can rock dose Rotas on and be a meet superstar with all your little 3FAZT3FURRRRRIEEESSS Friendzzz!

EDIT: I say goddamn you're a post *****! 8K posts in 2 years? Between your username, avatar pic, post whoring, and "banned?" name, I can tell you're top notch, high class all the way. What are you, 20?
again, do you KNOW what process they use?

And yes, I have seen the 'finish' on a set of OZs and a set (a couple actually) of Rotas and they are not dissimilar, though most, if not all Rotas are painted (I am pretty sure they are not powdercoated, though they might be) and not all OZs are so I've never compared a anodized or other finish. But I would like to know how you are equating the casting process of a rim with the finish on a rim... just tells me you are an idiot talking out of your ***.

and from your car list, it looks like you are a previous Honda owner so why you are making fun of yourself (I have never owned a Honda or a civic so I can make fun of you for it, but not vice versa), I will never understand

EDIT: and I chose my user title and made my avatar picture. my 8k posts (do I really have 8k posts? damn) were not from post whoring though, and I am not 20. nice 'comeback' though... any yo' momma jokes you want to throw at me? no? how about picking on my taste in music? I like death metal. < there you go, let's keep this up since you are so spectacularly good at this. and by good I mean its so lame I feel bad for you.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Motormouth
Banned

you really should go back to Hondas where you can feel superior to the other car owners based on the mods done to your cars... you obviously need material goods to make yourself feel better than other people (also posting that you 'have' a Tag Huer off the cuff... another classy move).

if it makes you feel better, you overpaid for your BBS's so they are MUCH nicer than my monoblock forged TE37s I roll on you are just.. wow, AWESOME. rare rims? dude, would you date my sister? you are just, wow... RARE! did you get those rare rims from the TireRack?

Last edited by Motormouth; 02-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Justin07Z

you really should go back to Hondas where you can feel superior to the other car owners based on the mods done to your cars... you obviously need material goods to make yourself feel better than other people (also posting that you 'have' a Tag Huer off the cuff... another classy move).

if it makes you feel better, you overpaid for your BBS's so they are MUCH nicer than my monoblock forged TE37s I roll on you are just.. wow, AWESOME. rare rims? dude, would you date my sister? you are just, wow... RARE! did you get those rare rims from the TireRack?
Nope, I didn't get them from the tire rack, but if you knew anything about wheels, making fun of BBS' version of a monoblock, forged racing wheel makes, well no sense. I too know TE-37's, been there done that. Loved those too. Is it a crime for me to dislike Rotas because they are cheaply made, poor quality wheels? I guess so. So I wear a Tag? BTW, it's HEUER. I can't help that you feel threatened by a "noob" that has nice things, gasp! and has car knowledge without bowing to the "old Z members." I've been a member of, oh about, 15 car enthusiast forums, I'm not new to any of the things you guys speak of around here. Does that make me better than anybody? Of course not, but don't talk down to me, you have no room to speak, that's for sure.

Kind of hard to say I "overpaid" when, well you have no idea what I paid. Your credibility is zilch buddy, stop assuming everything, it just makes you look the idiot.

Last edited by Justin07Z; 02-04-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Justin07Z - From your posts it looks like you have been to the Rota plant and seen them make their wheels. I have also been there and witnessed this process, it's really awesome to watch a wheel be made.

"Pressure casting is much stronger"

Yes I agree it is very strong, and this is why Rota uses this method when making wheels. They use both pressure die-casting and Gravity die-casting. Also Rota wheels meet ISO, JWL, and VIA certifications.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Justin07Z

again, do you KNOW what process they use?

And yes, I have seen the 'finish' on a set of OZs and a set (a couple actually) of Rotas and they are not dissimilar, though most, if not all Rotas are painted (I am pretty sure they are not powdercoated, though they might be) and not all OZs are so I've never compared a anodized or other finish. But I would like to know how you are equating the casting process of a rim with the finish on a rim... just tells me you are an idiot talking out of your ***.

and from your car list, it looks like you are a previous Honda owner so why you are making fun of yourself (I have never owned a Honda or a civic so I can make fun of you for it, but not vice versa), I will never understand

EDIT: and I chose my user title and made my avatar picture. my 8k posts (do I really have 8k posts? damn) were not from post whoring though, and I am not 20. nice 'comeback' though... any yo' momma jokes you want to throw at me? no? how about picking on my taste in music? I like death metal. < there you go, let's keep this up since you are so spectacularly good at this. and by good I mean its so lame I feel bad for you.

To anaswer why I've owned Honda/Acura products, well, you are 110% correct, my first car was a 2000 black Civic Si, not riced, not anything, just stock. I bought a 05 new Civic VP for under $12K brand new as a daily to get 40mpg and not beat the hell outta my E36 M3's. Good enough for ya?

Oh and I like Celine Dion, Kenny G, and N Stink, so I dislike you even more for telling me you like death metal. "Yo momma..."
Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Justin07Z - From your posts it looks like you have been to the Rota plant and seen them make their wheels. I have also been there and witnessed this process, it's really awesome to watch a wheel be made.

"Pressure casting is much stronger"

Yes I agree it is very strong, and this is why Rota uses this method when making wheels. They use both pressure die-casting and Gravity die-casting. Also Rota wheels meet ISO, JWL, and VIA certifications.
They can meet whatever standard on earth, and be made with whatever you want to say, but they are not, nor will they ever be as strong as the better made cast wheel offerings from Enkei, OZ, etc. And for not much more money I might add. I understand you have to defend your product, shoot if I was stuck selling lame duck Rotas, I'd do the same thing.

I really am just that particular about the wheels and tires I put on my cars. Hence why I ride on Forged monoblock BBS RE's, yeah the same ones they put on the Ferrari 360 challenge stradale....and my tires are Bridgestone Potenzas. I don't buy Sumitomos, Toyos, Generals, etc. If you all want to hate on me with your Rotas on Toyos, the joke's most certainly not on me, i assure you of that.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone see the picture of the Works wheels that were damaged on a G35 doing 160? Forgot what vender that posted it, but it was still in one piece, just bent to all hell
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by blasian
Anyone see the picture of the Works wheels that were damaged on a G35 doing 160? Forgot what vender that posted it, but it was still in one piece, just bent to all hell
Cant say I've seen that, but it sounds bad. And that's what I'd expect of a quality wheel. Do any of you really think a OZ, BBS, Work, Volk wheel would just shatter like the Rotas do? I mean come on, the lack of quality in a Rota wheel is obvious. Just go up to one and look closely at the poor finish, and general lack of quality, it's instantly apparent.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I mentioned that earlier I think, and I'm pretty sure Rick at Status posted them.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
jdhuegel1

I find it hard to believe the majority of Supra owners run Rotas lol. I have a very good friend with a singled Sup and he hates Rotas, and all the Chicago guys run real wheels.

And saying you have to buy $700 a piece Volks vs crap $200 a piece Rotas is not a fair comparison. There are plenty of brands in between that won't cost $3000 for a set of quality wheels.

A good analogy was mentioned earlier with watches, I wear a Tag Heuer, and could a Casio tell the same time? Sure, but a Taurus could get me to work too. (hope you understand my point there, it's pretty obvious).
I think you misunderstood me...

I meant that owners of said cars also act like they will only put the most expensive wheels on... You know, because of the 'quality' their car needs. I wasn't saying Supra guys run Rotas or whatever... although they do exsist in that community.

I'm not saying that I personally don't buy nicer wheels, but I don't think that gives me the right to run around bagging on guys that have 'other' wheels. It sounds so childish to hear people talking about how crappy someone's wheels are when they all do the same dang thing. Will one hold up better when slamming a curb? Possibly - but either way the freakin thing is toast.

I get the analogy - and sure a Taurus could get you to work. I guess it's function over fashion for me.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
I think you misunderstood me...

I meant that owners of said cars also act like they will only put the most expensive wheels on... You know, because of the 'quality' their car needs. I wasn't saying Supra guys run Rotas or whatever... although they do exsist in that community.

I'm not saying that I personally don't buy nicer wheels, but I don't think that gives me the right to run around bagging on guys that have 'other' wheels. It sounds so childish to hear people talking about how crappy someone's wheels are when they all do the same dang thing. Will one hold up better when slamming a curb? Possibly - but either way the freakin thing is toast.

I get the analogy - and sure a Taurus could get you to work. I guess it's function over fashion for me.
Gotcha. And what I failed to mention was I *do* have experience with some inferior, cheaper quality wheels. On my MKV GTI, I ran one of the cheap Edge racing specials, and boy was I disappointed with them. You'd think I should've learned by then with the Volks, OZ's, and BBS's I had previously ran and been satisfied with.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
jdhuegel1

Gotcha. And what I failed to mention was I *do* have experience with some inferior, cheaper quality wheels. On my MKV GTI, I ran one of the cheap Edge racing specials, and boy was I disappointed with them. You'd think I should've learned by then with the Volks, OZ's, and BBS's I had previously ran and been satisfied with.

It's cool. I'm not trying to argue or anything - just offering opinion. I've never had bad luck with any wheels really. Well, I take that back. My MKIII supra had some American Racing Riaxx (Or something...) on it when I took it from the original owner. Rims and tires were a package deal (obviously) from Tire rack or similar. I immediately pulled them off and gave them to a buddy with a turbo Jetta. They fit perfect and looked great on that car. 3 trys and he gave up trying to get the darn things balanced. Not sure if it was the wheels or not though... could have been the tires I suppose.

I just bought a set of Work Emotions from a guy on here, but was completely ready to get the Rota Torques that seem popular on the Z. I have a certain style I like, and would have been fine either way I'm sure. This is just a fun car, but if I were seriously tracking it or something I'd probably spend some cash just to be safe.

Quick Reply: Oh Snaps!!! (Literally)......Rota inside