Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tenzo Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
Why buy a 350z when you could've purchased a civic. I take pride in what I install on my car. If I choose to spend 3k on a set of rims, that happen to be quality, have a racing heritage, forged, etc....then I will. Its the same thing with any product. If you pass a gas station, say Chevron and you see another one right next to it named Circle P for .10 cent cheaper your going to opt for the Circle P?

Why would Porsche, Ferrari and or Vette owners laugh at us, considering they wear the same wheels(Kinesis, HRE's, Volks, I Forged, etc...) I never see a Ferrari owner wearing TSW's lol or a Porsche owner sportin Tenzo. Maybe its becuase they produce subpar equipment(seats, intakes and cheap coilovers). Thats the impression I get when I think of Tenzo!
you are comparing exotics to an import tuner car that has a value in the 18-k range for their initial 03 model.
while i agree in principle with what you say, i am in disagreement with general bashing of a guy who buys rims because they are not 2000+$ worth

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-04-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:00 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
you are comparing exotics to an import tuner car that has a value in the 18-k range for their initial 03 model.
while i agree in principle with what you say, i am in disagreement with general bashing of a guy who buys rims because they are not 2000+$ worth
The exotics where brought up from another person.

If your gonna come here and ask a question as to what we think of TSW's and Tenzo wheels, the be prepared for an all out assault! Subconsciously, he feels that there is, are else he wouldnt have posed this question. Those rims do not go through the same procedures when being assembled as do Work, Volk, HRE, Enkei etc.....
Old 05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

The exotics where brought up from another person.

If your gonna come here and ask a question as to what we think of TSW's and Tenzo wheels, the be prepared for an all out assault! Subconsciously, he feels that there is, are else he wouldnt have posed this question. Those rims do not go through the same procedures when being assembled as do Work, Volk, HRE, Enkei etc.....
Agreed, its jsut senseless sometimes.
he probably should have specifically said in his 1st post : "I am looking for budget rims, for how they look what do you think of tenzo or what other brand do you recomdn to those on a budget"
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Agreed, its jsut senseless sometimes.
he probably should have specifically said in his 1st post : "I am looking for budget rims, for how they look what do you think of tenzo or what other brand do you recomdn to those on a budget"
Group hug
Old 05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO Tenzos belong on Civics and Integras. On the other hand, Volks ain't all that either. They ARE strong(or strongest), but I bet other wheels such as Enkei(MAT technology) and Advans(Semi-Forging technology) have no problem standing up to the same abuse that Volks do.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 AM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had Tenzo Rs5's on my eclipse a while back. I went sideways into a curb going about 30mph and they broke on one side of my car. Still have the other too sitting in my room for decoration. I vote good quality on tenzo, my suspension broke more than the wheels
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
XTMACX

Why buy a 350z when you could've purchased a civic. I take pride in what I install on my car. If I choose to spend 3k on a set of rims, that happen to be quality, have a racing heritage, forged, etc....then I will. Its the same thing with any product. If you pass a gas station, say Chevron and you see another one right next to it named Circle P for .10 cent cheaper your going to opt for the Circle P?

Why would Porsche, Ferrari and or Vette owners laugh at us, considering they wear the same wheels(Kinesis, HRE's, Volks, I Forged, etc...) I never see a Ferrari owner wearing TSW's lol or a Porsche owner sportin Tenzo. Maybe its becuase they produce subpar equipment(seats, intakes and cheap coilovers). Thats the impression I get when I think of Tenzo!
Turismo,

First of all I did had an '06 Civic Si that I traded in for my Z. And, I too, take pride in what I install in my car unlike some idiots out there. Like I said I don't have a problem with Volk rims, I think they are nice, and if I could get some for free or an insane deal than maybe i would take em... what I'm saying is people shouldnt try to make others feel bad and try to brag about having wheels that are 2 or 3 times as expensive.

And about the exotics... i didnt mean by what wheels they have... i just meant the cars in general. As in some people are talking up their 350z's and Volk rims and blah blah blah when there is always gonna be someone with a nicer car than them. If you like your $3,000 rims, fine go drive around and smile.

Yeah you have your opinion that Tenzo rims arent as good as Volk, which is true as far as quality and materials and ballin' status, but maybe not looks and value to some. dont say they are crap and a waste of money and gonna crack and a stupid choice because those things are subjective.

Oh and I do only get Premium gas from Chevron stations... but a difference of 10 cents a gallon and $1,500 more for a wheel is another story. I'm not trying to argue opinions, I'm just trying to defend some people from getting put down.

Last edited by XTMACX; 05-05-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Concave
Banned

According to them, you DO drive a civic. Why did you buy such a cheap car then? Shouldve bought a 911 with a real racing heritage... mcdonalds ftl..
Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
XTMACX

Originally Posted by Concave
According to them, you DO drive a civic. Why did you buy such a cheap car then? Shouldve bought a 911 with a real racing heritage... mcdonalds ftl..
Thank you.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by XTMACX
Thank you.
Who says I dont own a 911 or an exotic for that matter? And I think that Volks run in correlation with the type of car that I drive.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 AM
XTMACX

Who says I dont own a 911 or an exotic for that matter? And I think that Volks run in correlation with the type of car that I drive.
OK, good! Then you're happy.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by XTMACX
OK, good! Then you're happy.
Not really becuase Im rollin on Volks
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Steve-O Z33

If you can drop $4k+ on rims, good for you. Just b/c everyone can't doesn't mean they're ricers. Any wheel can be damaged, depending on how you drive. Don't stretch your tires on a cast wheel and be careful. You should be fine. You will most likely need spacers with a cheaper wheel, as the offsets usually aren't as extreme as expensive wheels. With the Z, you'll need longer studs with spacers to be safe.

And to the above, who cares what Ferraris, Porsches, etc. have? If you can afford a six figure price tag on a car, $4k for wheels and tires is chump change.

Last edited by Steve-O Z33; 05-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 PM
SIN3

good honda wheels thats about it. had two pairs on my prelude. z/g to expensive of a car to run those cheap wheels.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Concave
Banned

lol quit trying to puff yourself up. you think volks go on your Z.

Not being able to speak is not the same as not speaking.
You seem as if you like to talk. I let people talk who like to talk.
It makes easier to find out how full of s___ they are.
-Jackie Chan
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Concave
lol quit trying to puff yourself up. you think volks go on your Z.

Not being able to speak is not the same as not speaking.
You seem as if you like to talk. I let people talk who like to talk.
It makes easier to find out how full of s___ they are.
-Jackie Chan

Your right.

Not being able to walk on water is not the same as walking on water to be able. You seem as if you like to talk. I let people who like to talk, walk on water as they talk. It makes it easier to shiet on water!

-Bruce Lee

Toodles,