Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

PLEASE HELP... Found my Z on Bricks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Zmonster24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PLEASE HELP... Found my Z on Bricks!

Hey everyone, I need some serious help in trying to find some wheels. To make a long story short, I woke up Wednesday morning to find my '06 Z on bricks...Yea, some a-holes stole my STOCK wheels and tires.

My Z is now at a collision center and I'm thinking that maybe I should take advantage of the situation and upgrade my wheels (and of course get a sweet alarm system with it). I was looking online at OEM parts and stock rims are actually pretty expensive ($350 - $450). I have a few questions for you guys...

1) I absolutely love the 18" Rota Torque + staggered Torque R's. The only vendor I found that sells them is wheeldude.com. However, they don't have the hyper silver that I would need and when I called them, the only solution they offered is to sign up for a"group buy" that could take upwards of 3 months. This is obviously NOT a solution. Does anyone else know of ANY vendors that sell or can order Rota Torque's and Torque R's???

2) Since I started to come to the realization that I may not be able to get Rota's, I would even be willing to buy the pricier WORK Emotion CR Kai's. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the rims that Rota copied. Does anyone have a recommended site for these WORK's???

3) Also, after doing some research on the WORK Emotion CR Kai's, they have an "offset/tapered" option that pretty much mimic the "staggered" Rota's. Is this what I think it is and does anyone know what offset/tapered option I would choose?

4) While you guys are at it, could you throw a recommendation in for tires. This is a daily driver and I just want something that grabs more but will actually last a good amount of miles...

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully I can get all this figured out so my insurance will get off my back.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Mike M

Contact Logan at Aspecproducts.com for the work rims, great guy to work with.

As far as what you will be paid by your ins company....

I work as an Insurance appraiser in MA, now FL does have different regulations but normally you will have to pay your deductible since its a comprehensive claim, so 300-1000 right there, then on top of it depending on their cutoff (here in MA its any car with over 20,000 miles) at that point you don't get paid for brand new oem parts, at that point ins companies can write for lkq (used) parts and if those aren't available they can write for aftermarket (reconditioned oem wheels).
Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Zmonster24

Thanks for the quick reply...

My Z has about 13,000 miles on it. I know that I am going to be paying my deductible, but there is other damage that was done. Believe me, these bastards weren't very delicate when taking my wheels off. There is front end damage from resting on its nose (they only had bricks in the back), and my rotors are also possibly bent.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:20 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe look at:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....Emotion+CR+Kai

Tires are a little too personal a decision just to throw out there and depend on a lot of things. I had some great luck with the Kuhmo SPT tires, better grip wet and dry than stock and reasonably quite. I am now running some Michelin Pilot Sports and for my next set, I may be back to the Kuhmos or try the BFG KDWIIs or Toyo TR1s. But lots of people like lots of different tires, so I am sure you will get a lot of different answerers.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 PM
LaZeEbOi177

*Do things right the first time*

it seems kind of hard to tell you what to get because what if they come back and steal your aftermarket wheels?

In my opinion, don't go with rotas...don't waste your money on wheels that are fake and copied. if your worried about money, then the Works and Gramlights are decent prices. Just spend a little more to get the real ones. its worth it and you won't regret it.

As for tires, i heard Toyo T1R are good for the price and ride. i have Volks te37 19x9.5 +12 and 19x10.5 +12 with toyo T1R 245/35/19 and 275/35/19.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get two different styles of wheel locks if I were you... they usually come in sets of 4, and I would put one of each on each wheel along with your other lug nuts. A buddy of mine had some Work Meister S1 3P's on his 240, and woke up one morning with every lug nut taken of his car except the locks.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Zmazing03

I am pretty sure your insurance company is not going to cover after market wheels and tires. Not unless it was worked into your premium cost, which it wasn't because you were on stocks.

PS - why the *** would anyone steal STOCK wheels? '06 have NICE OEM wheels, but damn.

Regarding tires, I looked at T1R. They were like $800. The Falkens were $600. Done.

Last edited by Zmazing03; 04-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear bro............

Karma is a b*tch
Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
I am pretty sure your insurance company is not going to cover after market wheels and tires. Not unless it was worked into your premium cost, which it wasn't because you were on stocks.

PS - why the *** would anyone steal STOCK wheels? '06 have NICE OEM wheels, but damn.

Regarding tires, I looked at T1R. They were like $800. The Falkens were $600. Done.
not sure, my sister had one fkn stock wheel stolen.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am guessing there is a 240sx running your rims right now.

You are going to have to pay a deductable each time they steal your wheels (and eventually your insurance will go up). So get a good alarm that goes off when they touch the tire iron to your lug nut and decide if you want to put really costly rims on a car outside that has already been targeted once.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would want my car on the road as soon as possible. Check the regional forum for OEM take-offs.

The wheels that you mention may take a week to 3 months for delivery. How long do you want the car out of commission?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Zmonster24

Well the thing is that my insurance company will probably give me this option since after market wheels are the same price as OEM wheels from Nissan. Yea, lock-nuts were a given and you can bet I'll pay a fine dime for an awesome alarm.

I hope I don't run into a 240sx w/ my sht... Time to pull out the snub-nose HAHA

For some reason I'm leaning towards the Emotion's... Anyone know the offset to get that tapered look like the Torque R's?

I'll check out the Toyo T1R's...thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmonster24
Hey everyone, I need some serious help in trying to find some wheels. To make a long story short, I woke up Wednesday morning to find my '06 Z on bricks...Yea, some a-holes stole my STOCK wheels and tires.

My Z is now at a collision center and I'm thinking that maybe I should take advantage of the situation and upgrade my wheels (and of course get a sweet alarm system with it). I was looking online at OEM parts and stock rims are actually pretty expensive ($350 - $450). I have a few questions for you guys...

1) I absolutely love the 18" Rota Torque + staggered Torque R's. The only vendor I found that sells them is wheeldude.com. However, they don't have the hyper silver that I would need and when I called them, the only solution they offered is to sign up for a"group buy" that could take upwards of 3 months. This is obviously NOT a solution. Does anyone else know of ANY vendors that sell or can order Rota Torque's and Torque R's???

2) Since I started to come to the realization that I may not be able to get Rota's, I would even be willing to buy the pricier WORK Emotion CR Kai's. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the rims that Rota copied. Does anyone have a recommended site for these WORK's???

3) Also, after doing some research on the WORK Emotion CR Kai's, they have an "offset/tapered" option that pretty much mimic the "staggered" Rota's. Is this what I think it is and does anyone know what offset/tapered option I would choose?

4) While you guys are at it, could you throw a recommendation in for tires. This is a daily driver and I just want something that grabs more but will actually last a good amount of miles...

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully I can get all this figured out so my insurance will get off my back.
I would call Mark at Ravspec in regards to the work wheels.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

I believe I spoke to you on the phone the other day. The reason we are starting a group buy for the staggered Torque setup is because this setup isn't as popular as the non staggered 18x9.5 wheels. If I order this setup I want to make sure there are enough people interested in the wheels as I have to order at least 10 sets in the staggered fitment (two different rim sizes, min. special order is 5 sets per rim style, size, and color). So while I only put that I need three people interested on the list I am covering the other 7 sets of rims for our stock.

I have the non staggered 18x9.5 +20 Torque R setups in stock. Right now I have Gun Metallic and Yamaha Black in stock. I also have a non staggered Torque setup available in Full Royal Sports Bronze. Any other color would have to be special ordered and will take 2-3 months from Rota. No other vendor has these wheels as we are the sole distributor that special orders this size.

-Dan
Old 04-06-2008, 01:34 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Adam at Z1 Performance got me a good deal on Work CR Kai's. Vendor/Sponsor here..

Last edited by thekinn; 04-06-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
KnightRiders79

T1R's have a very soft side wall so they decrease handleing. also they are very soft, dont last long and chip easily.

bfg gforce sports are a great dd choice, but i dont thin they make them as big as u guys need.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
taurran

Trust me when I say that non-staggered concave wheels all around looks 1000x better than the staggered setup.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Mike M

BTW a loophole that should work for you down there as well, if they give you Used or Reconditioned Rims as a replacement bring the car to a shop and have the shop call the appraiser back out and say that the condition of the used or recon rims is not acceptable and not equal to or greater than the condition of the rims originally on the vehicle.
Usually used rims will have some curbing or scuffs and recon rims are usually damaged rims that were repaired and have been refinished and the finish of the paint usually isn't as good as the OEM finish. Also if you complain about that as well your ins company should pay for new wheels which will help you get either new OEM wheels or the work wheels.