Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

How many miles are you getting out of your 19s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003 | 03:26 PM
Zookroo1

Default How many miles are you getting out of your 19s?

What kind of treadlife is everybody getting from their 19" tires? If you don't use the tires at the track and don't peel out 19 times a day, can you get 15K or more out of an average set of 19" rubber? Thanks for the info!
Old 08-22-2003 | 02:15 PM
Zookroo1

Me: Hey man, what's up? I'm diggin those 19s on your 350. How many miles are you getting out of your tires?
Me (with a slightly modified surfer accent) : Yo dude, step off. Go get yer own twinkie and grind on somebody else's turf man.
Me: Whoa...ok. I just wanted to know about your tires, I didn't mean for you to have an acid induced meltdown...
Me: Ooooooh right, the tires. Sorry dude, I'm pretty protective of my twinkies and seven layer burritos...and come to think about it, hot pockets too.
Me: Right. So about your tires?
Me: Hang ten, I'm getting to that. I've gotten 7500 out of them so far but the rears are starting to slim down like there's on the Atkins diet or something.
Me: Cool. Well, I'll get out of your hair and let you finish that twinkie. Catch ya later.
Me: Sweet. Later bra.

I guess sometimes you just have to entertain yourself, you know? Some questions in this world must go unanswered, forever floating through the vast reaches of space far beyond what our tiny brains could possibly comprehend...
Old 08-22-2003 | 03:13 PM
FLY BY Z

You need to ask yourself what percentage of members have 19's.
You need to ask yourself what percentage of those have worn the tires out on their 19's.
You need to ask yourself what percentage of THOSE check this board more than every two or three days.
You need to ask yourself what percentage of THOSE happened to see your post when they did check the board.
You need to ask yourself what percentage of THOSE actually post or reply rather than just read messages for information.

I would suspect there are not too many people to accurately answer your question especially in a matter of two days. Sorry pal. Most of us have Zs. That doesn't mean most of us have the same mods.
Old 08-22-2003 | 03:39 PM
meatwad79

im getting my 19's on thursday!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2003 | 07:08 AM
Zookroo1

Dang Potato, it was just a question. I'm sure some of THOSE have had 19 inch on other cars or know someone who has. I was just looking for an estimate on how long an average set would last. I'm so sorry to all THOSE that are pissed off. Later pal.
Old 08-23-2003 | 01:04 PM
little_rod

LOL, well I have them, of course I haven't worn them out yet. When I bought them, I asked a guy that was a Toyo sales rep for a long time. He said that if I drive like a normal person (yeah right, lol), then I should get 20,000 miles out of them. Take that for what its worth.
Old 08-23-2003 | 01:48 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Zookroo1
Dang Potato, it was just a question. I'm sure some of THOSE have had 19 inch on other cars or know someone who has. I was just looking for an estimate on how long an average set would last. I'm so sorry to all THOSE that are pissed off. Later pal.
Who is pissed off? Don't be impatient AND touchy...

Anyways, whatever tire size you have they all start with the same tread depth just different compounds. You can get 20's or whatever on trucks from the factory. They don't have to replace their tires in some abnormally short intervals. The only reason we would is if we drive like maniacs or bought tires with a soft compund or bad wear rating. 19's aren't exactly high performance size wheels. I would think with 19's you oughta just cruise. Use 17's for the best balance or 18 if you are willing to go for a touch more looks for a tad less performance. 19's and up you are pushing it as far as performance. But you can roll with the homies.
Old 08-23-2003 | 07:26 PM
KarmaMag

Depends on what kind of tires you're getting. You might get 25000 miles with Kuhmo, or 12000 miles with Yok AVS Sports. Check the treadwear on the tires you're getting. The higher the number, the harder the compound.

I got 24000 miles out of my Conti 19" (treadwear 280) on My Audi, and only 14000 miles with Mich MXX3 (treadwear 140) on my BMW. I'm currently using Conti on the Z and expect to get no more than 15000 miles out of a set of tires the way I drive.
Old 08-24-2003 | 11:11 AM
neohalo1

It really all depends on the tire and compound hardness (wait, that did not sounds right ) but anyway, I have Michelin Sports and I'm told I should expect 14-18,000 miles out of them. Being that I've only had them for 2k miles, it's hard to tell. I do know several people complaining about their Yokohama's lasting 10k or less.