Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Debate on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 AM
KT30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
only Volk or Work are quality. now I understand. (rolls eyes)

And so you want to pay $2500 for a set of Work Emotion CR Kais? let me know and I can hook you up at that great pricing. considering I can get a set for $1200 bucks new.

anyway, you can get a used set of the higher end volk/work with tires for 2200-2500 in great condition as well. so there. and in the past I have had offers from vendors for 2-2300 for a brand new set of volks on special/clearance. I doubt it's different for Work S1s.

1) Retail Price of emotions is around 1300-1400 USD.

2) The ONLY Emotion that comes in a 19 as the OP stated was the XC8, and those are only 8, 9, or 10 inches wide.

-Yes if you get Emotions they are around 1300-1400 a set. But obviously the size is totally off, and even in the Emotion line, he is restricted to basically 1 style.

If you PLAN to spend MORE like in the price range i suggested, you can get some nice 2 or 3piece 19 inch wheels. If you budget for what you REALLY Want, and you decide to get something cheaper, you have some money in the savings account and you get what you want. Which is why i stated that price range WITH A REASON.

I stated my price range for the OP's application with a good reason. I know you can get awesome, quality Work, Enkei, Insert non chinese/rota/w.e etc wheels for 1000-1500 range, but maybe it does not match his style or size.

**Don't bother argueing with me about the Rotas, because you are not going to convince me otherwise and i don't want to derail the thread.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KT30
1) Retail Price of emotions is around 1300-1400 USD.
wow, I am 'off' by 100 dollars. you got me.
2) The ONLY Emotion that comes in a 19 as the OP stated was the XC8, and those are only 8, 9, or 10 inches wide.
he never stated he only wanted 19s. or 20s. or 18s. so what is your point? he stated he had two sets of rims he was deciding between though it didn't seem either were optimal.
-Yes if you get Emotions they are around 1300-1400 a set. But obviously the size is totally off, and even in the Emotion line, he is restricted to basically 1 style.
size isn't totally off. a 18/9, 10 combo is what a lot of people run. and they offer good offsets as well. if you want 19s, then they obviously have you covered there as well. we were not putting variables in like 'if he will like the design'. you stated quality as your defining point. quality has no bearing on subjective aesthetics.
If you PLAN to spend MORE like in the price range i suggested, you can get some nice 2 or 3piece 19 inch wheels. If you budget for what you REALLY Want, and you decide to get something cheaper, you have some money in the savings account and you get what you want. Which is why i stated that price range WITH A REASON.
this point makes no sense. at all. for one thing the op said he didn't want to spend 4k on wheels tires so and I didn't see him asking specifically for 2 or 3 piece brand name 19 inch rim options. so I don't understand your point.

and you never stated any price WITH A REASON. you made a blanket statement that quality wheels cost a certain amount.
I stated my price range for the OP's application with a good reason. I know you can get awesome, quality Work, Enkei, Insert non chinese/rota/w.e etc wheels for 1000-1500 range, but maybe it does not match his style or size.
maybe your 2500 rims don't match his style either. and maybe as he said he doesn't want to spend that much on a rim setup... you are putting a variable into the argument that cannot be solved.
**Don't bother argueing with me about the Rotas, because you are not going to convince me otherwise and i don't want to derail the thread.
and why would I argue with you about Rotas? did I ever mention them?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:17 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

op i sold my volks with almost brand new tires for 2100 including my project kics neochrono lugs SHIPPED. Be patient and you can get a good deal on wheels/tires.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
gennosuke1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^yea but then id have to sell my wheel i have to get the money

if i could i would want 19 inch black works vs-xx 9.5 front and 10.5 or 11 in the rear with 0 offset =)

i like mesh wheels, the volk you had looked nice too but i have black car
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

sell your wheels, run some cheapies until you can afford decent wheels