Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Enkei RPF1's

Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 AM
  #1  
DelayedZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
DelayedZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LBI, NJ
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18" Enkei RPF1's

So here's my question,

Why does everyone go with the 9.5/10.5 +15 setup as opposed to an 8.5 +30 /9.5 +15 setup?

Reason I ask is I need wheels, and have been doing research, and it seems like the 9.5/10.5 setup is more popular, obviously its more aggressive, would I have to roll my fenders, and could I use the tires I have currently?

245/40R18 Fronts
275/40R18 Rears

I am lowered on Tein Springs, its not that big of a drop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DelayedZ is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 AM
  #2  
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son
iTrader: (49)
 
ncparamedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,793
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

IMO,
1. the offset on the 8.5 wheel at +30 is weak
2. most people, when buying after market wheels, usually go with a more aggressive size, especially for this type of car.
ncparamedic is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:23 AM
  #3  
GeauxLadyZ
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
 
GeauxLadyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Htown
Posts: 3,798
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
So here's my question,

Why does everyone go with the 9.5/10.5 +15 setup as opposed to an 8.5 +30 /9.5 +15 setup?

Reason I ask is I need wheels, and have been doing research, and it seems like the 9.5/10.5 setup is more popular, obviously its more aggressive, would I have to roll my fenders, and could I use the tires I have currently?

245/40R18 Fronts
275/40R18 Rears

I am lowered on Tein Springs, its not that big of a drop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 8.5-9.5 19", but the offsets are only 20-25, respectively. A 30 offset on a 8.5 wheel is WAY too much.

They discontinued the 10.5 wheel in the style i really wanted, so i settled for 9.5 in the rear and 8.5 fr instead of 9.5 all around, to keep the staggered look.

If i had the option in these wheels to do so, i would have gotten 9.5 FR and 10.5 Rr.

You should go with that option if a 30 offset is all they offer on the 8.5. You will be not happy with them if you do.
GeauxLadyZ is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 AM
  #4  
DelayedZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
DelayedZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LBI, NJ
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Will my tires fit the 9.5 and 10.5?

And is there an actual 9.5F and 9.5R? Reason I ask I have a deal with Tirerack through my work so I can get a decent price on whatever they have.
DelayedZ is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:43 AM
  #5  
Clam
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 297
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
Will my tires fit the 9.5 and 10.5?

And is there an actual 9.5F and 9.5R? Reason I ask I have a deal with Tirerack through my work so I can get a decent price on whatever they have.
Yes, your tires will fit a 9.5 front and 10.5 rear.

Yes, I've seen members with 9.5's F & R.
Clam is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
  #6  
pizzato16
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
pizzato16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,022
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

why not go with 9.5 +15 all around and get a different tire size? Im going with 245/40/18 and 275/40/18 on 9.5.
pizzato16 is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
  #7  
bigpow
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 73
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I second the question:
would I have to roll my fenders?

My ZR is bone stock & I've been trying to find the right set of 18" Enkei.
Not planning to drop or roll fenders.
But tires I would get brand new set (keep OEM + tires as spares)
bigpow is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 AM
  #8  
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (8)
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 25,467
Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
Default

Yes you will need a roll with either rear wheels, the 9.5 or the 10.5
terrasmak is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 02:08 PM
  #9  
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (105)
 
AdvanZ33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 7,285
Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Yes you will need a roll with either rear wheels, the 9.5 or the 10.5
Bringing this back...so you would need to roll the rear fenders on a 9.5+15 even with a mild drop (Tein S-Techs)? What if you were running 265/40 or 275/35?

Last edited by AdvanZ33; 10-14-2009 at 02:12 PM.
AdvanZ33 is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
  #10  
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (8)
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 25,467
Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33 View Post
Bringing this back...so you would need to roll the rear fenders on a 9.5+15 even with a mild drop (Tein S-Techs)? What if you were running 265/40 or 275/35?
Don't know about the 265/40's, never tried or seen someone run them, then running front tires on the back of a Z just looks silly. My friends car with stock suspension with the RPF1's on the back rubbed slightly with Nitto 555's and Invo's in 275/40-18.

Just run the 10.5's out back, they look great. You will need a slight to full roll depending on the tire (falken 452's run really narrow, Envo's run wide) the the 245's up front on 9.5's will clear no problem.
terrasmak is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
  #11  
blitz2k1
Registered User
 
blitz2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Don't know about the 265/40's, never tried or seen someone run them, then running front tires on the back of a Z just looks silly. My friends car with stock suspension with the RPF1's on the back rubbed slightly with Nitto 555's and Invo's in 275/40-18.

Just run the 10.5's out back, they look great. You will need a slight to full roll depending on the tire (falken 452's run really narrow, Envo's run wide) the the 245's up front on 9.5's will clear no problem.
I was thinking of going with the ENKEI RPF 1s

front:18x9.5 et 15
Rear 18x10.5 et 15

Front tire=255/35/18
Rear tire= 285/35/18

No Drop as of yet....thinking of going with coilovers and a super mild "sport" drop later on. I'm guessing I would have to Roll fenders?
blitz2k1 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:35 AM
  #12  
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,888
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Yes, you'll have to roll the rears. I run 285/35 +22 on the rear and initially didn't have any rubbing problems. Once I replaced the rear tires, the second set must have run a little bit wider and I started rubbing. Since +15 would stick out even more, you'll definitely need to roll the rears.
DavesZ#3 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
  #13  
blitz2k1
Registered User
 
blitz2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3 View Post
Yes, you'll have to roll the rears. I run 285/35 +22 on the rear and initially didn't have any rubbing problems. Once I replaced the rear tires, the second set must have run a little bit wider and I started rubbing. Since +15 would stick out even more, you'll definitely need to roll the rears.

You think it would still rub even though i'm at stock height?
I guess I'll stick to the 255/40/18 Front & 275/40/18 Rear Setup, I dont want to be rolling fenders.
blitz2k1 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
  #14  
singh
_______________
iTrader: (2)
 
singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,355
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

some of these comments are misleading

I have read where people have used 275/35 tires on rpf1 +15's without having to roll fenders.

Contact -------> Zippy_z

He is dropped on sportlines (very aggressive drop) and didn't have to roll his fenders, so I don't know what some of you guys are talking about..
singh is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
  #15  
singh
_______________
iTrader: (2)
 
singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,355
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

singh is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
  #16  
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (8)
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sin City
Posts: 25,467
Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blitz2k1 View Post
I was thinking of going with the ENKEI RPF 1s

front:18x9.5 et 15
Rear 18x10.5 et 15

Front tire=255/35/18
Rear tire= 285/35/18

No Drop as of yet....thinking of going with coilovers and a super mild "sport" drop later on. I'm guessing I would have to Roll fenders?
Run a 265/35 up front at minimum for the 285 rear tire , unless you want your car to handle worse that stock. Not to mention look sill with a really short tire.
terrasmak is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 AM
  #17  
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,888
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blitz2k1 View Post
You think it would still rub even though i'm at stock height?
I guess I'll stick to the 255/40/18 Front & 275/40/18 Rear Setup, I dont want to be rolling fenders.
I'm at stock height, so yes, I think it will rub.

Originally Posted by singh View Post
some of these comments are misleading

I have read where people have used 275/35 tires on rpf1 +15's without having to roll fenders.
blitz2k1 asked about 285, not 275. That's almost 1/2" wider.
DavesZ#3 is offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
  #18  
angelzhope720
Registered User
iTrader: (15)
 
angelzhope720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

be a man. rock 18x10.5 +15 all around with 20mm spacer in rear!!!
angelzhope720 is offline  
Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
  #19  
MyV6IsFast3r
Registered User
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Worthington, Ohio
Posts: 5,348
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

a lot of these comments are dead wrong, with a 275 tires, front and or rear you do not have to roll your fenders.... anything wider than a 275 on the rear and you do...
MyV6IsFast3r is offline  
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 AM
  #20  
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
iTrader: (105)
 
AdvanZ33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 7,285
Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts
Default

OP - My RPF1s 18x9.5/10.5+15 are on the way. I'm putting the same size tires on and I'm lowered on S-Techs. I'll let you know how it goes.
AdvanZ33 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 18" Enkei RPF1's


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: