22.89%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think of these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
culvi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O_SO_ICY_Z
thanks dan for clearing that up! People bash on wheels just because they don't say Volk...hmmm yet the volk crowd says people who don't own them are trying to be like them...but they are all trying to be like each other...makes no sense to me.
I agree...get what you want.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FATPUBUS
wow, looks like i opened up a can of worms! seriously tho, unless you have disposable cash and/or run your car at the track why would you pay upwards of 4 grand for wheels and tires other than "thats what is cool"? i could spend 2000 or less and have a badass set of wheels and tires and have 2000 more for exhaust, intake etc... wheels are wheels, and in the end they all do the same thing, and i am sure that whatever the brand, that they pass whatever testing is necessary to be put on the market for sale.
I agree 100% with you, remember i own Axis, not Volks.

....Although i did just purchase some Work Emotions for track wheels. ...but used and for a great price!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
350Zensokou

Well said...... I have 19" Nismos on my Z and i wouldnt mind having a set of P45's in gold either. I think Rota's are GREAT wheels. Why cant ppl just appreciate the build of another members ride. We all love the same thing. Just because some ppl dont have what everyone else has, it not right to dawg other members cars or taste for what you may like or have. Damn. Cant we all just get along.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
pizzato16

Volks = overrated status symbol. I was actually looking at those Konigs a while back, but I settled for something completely different haha. Its all up to you bro. I say go for it. Throw em on and get a drop, youll be golden.
Oh and you may want some spacers to offset the sunken in look. Happy buying
Old 09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Yea I saw you edited your post after seeing mine.. I'll quote the new posts that I see and provide more information regarding Rota Wheels. First to clear up more confusion, I am not the manufacture and I do not work for Rota. It seems you think WheelDude = Rota. We are a large dealer for Rota Wheels however we are not the same company and we are located here in the US. I'm not Filipino either, but I do enjoy visiting the Philippines
True, its just easier to address you as such, but i apologize for that.

PAWI (Rota) does not supply all OEM manufactures with wheels. If Toyota (the largest car manufacture in the world) requests that Rota make OEM wheels for them then that is huge. Yes they are in the Philippines, however, the test standards and quality control for their OEM wheels are still very strict. The roads in the Philippines are absolutely horrible and they need to make sure these wheels can withstand this type of abuse.
Yes, but for their Philippino line of Autos? Cost saver?

Rota Wheels in the US a couple years ago??? It's been a long time but if I recall the first container was brought in to the US in 1989. Rota Wheels are relatively new to the 350Z market (a market WheelDude created back in 2005) but this doesn't mean they haven't been around for a long time.
My fault, never heard of them before, ive been in import scene since a teenager. This was for motorsports?

Rota Wheels in motorsports? Rota Wheels are the #1 choice for motorsports in the Philippines. There are tons of teams running Rota Wheels in AutoX, Drifting, Track use, etc.. I could fill pages full of pictures of various cars running Rota Wheels on track. In the US, Rota Wheels are very common at track days and are starting to be widely seen in Time Attack events. I have honestly never seen an Axis wheel on a car at a local track day and never one Axis wheel on a Time Attack car. Does this mean they aren't capable of running on the track, absolutely not, but I haven't seen any.
This was all i saw in this paragraph. How big is the Philippino motorsports scene?

And Axis does not claim to make motorsports wheels per say, just one. And as a testament to that, you will find they outsourced that one (Axis circuit) to the boys who do it best (Rays). They make wheels for looks, as you'll see in their lineup under wheel weights. (mostly 20 somethings)

I have seen cars running the Halo before. 18-19lbs for a 18"x8.5/9.5 is not too shabby. Dont the Nismo 18"s weigh close to this?

And no, i have never seen Rotas on a track or the strip, that i can remember anyway. Im sure they are out there, though.

There are tons of individuals, private race teams, etc.. running Rota Wheels all over various tracks in the US. If you attend a track day I guarantee you will see someone running Rota Wheels, every track event I attend locally pretty much every car will be running Rota's
In the Philippines?

Now on to the well known tuners in the US who are winning countless events and are in magazines over and over again.

AMS (record breaking Evo drag cars, record breaking Time Attack cars, etc..)

Rota Slipstream on their 8 second Evo with over 1100whp

GST Motorsports is a team that has won tons of AWD Unlimited events and runs the same exact wheels that our 350Z customers run. The very same 18x9.5 Torque's, same 18x9.5 Grids, same 18x9.5 P45R's, etc.. In fact, GST Motorsports won the Modified Magazine Tuner Shoot out two years in a row now, on *gasp*, Rota P45's Those who have seen this car in person can vouch for it and let everyone know the abuse that it sees.
This i cant argue with, and is a good bit of info/fact. You should be showing ppl this instead of Rota facilities.

Does it sell me on the quality of wheels....no. I firmly believe if Rota could do it better for cheaper, it would attract more companies to outsource to that region, and if Rota's R&D and commitment to motorsports/import scene was legit, we would see more than 100% imitations.

And im suprised they chose Rota torque over Work Cr-Kai, seeing as how the Toque is low-pressure cast and i believe the Cr is flow-form cast. But all the same, good point.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 09-15-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
GeauxLadyZ

I enjoyed this Dan!

Ive seen you argue this numerous times, but no one (that i have seen) has really given you a run for your money.

So i figured i would, if anything to prove/disprove what Rota is really made of, for the benefit of this site's users.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 to healthy debate.

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
I enjoyed this Dan!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:12 AM
zenki_z33

Originally Posted by FATPUBUS
Too ricey?
I don't know if their "ricey" just not my cup of tea.