Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

I have a dream.... !
Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just installed my wheels today. i will post pics soon. looks awesome. volks feel so much more expensive when you are holding them in your hand though, there is def a difference in paint and overall feel. i feel like i will bend these up but they will do for the time being.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
just installed my wheels today. i will post pics soon. looks awesome. volks feel so much more expensive when you are holding them in your hand though, there is def a difference in paint and overall feel. i feel like i will bend these up but they will do for the time being.
Your input is the only one worth hearing being you've had both set ups.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:29 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Your input is the only one worth hearing being you've had both set ups.
the volk te37 has a much more solid feel..feeling like strong metal or something but is light. the varrsteon is heavier but feels hollow...like you can bang your knuckles on them and it makes an empty hollow sound. hard to explain. but def a difference , prob from the forging process volk uses.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to everyone or provided responses to my questions about the Varrs - weight and finish, etc. I really like the Volk TE37s but it's hard to pass up the good price of the Varrs ES221s.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

Varrs are made of cardboard and paper mache....this settles it.

Ill take four please..
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Rouse350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some people just have to ball on a budget because some of us dont have all the money in the world to buy real Volk's and varrs does the job by providing those people with some affordable rims that look good. Let the Haters Hate because some members here have standards that are to high and expect others to live up to them.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Rouse350z
some people just have to ball on a budget because some of us dont have all the money in the world to buy real Volk's and varrs does the job by providing those people with some affordable rims that look good. Let the Haters Hate because some members here have standards that are to high and expect others to live up to them.
I'm not going to turn this into a Authentic vs Replica debate but your interpretation of how we(Authentic owners) view Varrs in general is skewed. Sportline TE.6 are better built compared to Varrs so less people are going to "hate" on them because they're actually built to a standard. Proving that affordable doesn't mean cheap. Don't get me started on how your beloved Varrs started by stamping "Made in Japan" and "Forged" in their wheels faking the funk. If your butt hurt that we point them out to be fakes... deal with it.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 04-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Rouse350z

I'm not going to turn this into a Authentic vs Replica debate but your interpretation of how we(Authentic owners) view Varrs in general is skewed. Sportline TE.6 are better built compared to Varrs so less people are going to "hate" on them because they're actually built to a standard. Proving that affordable doesn't mean cheap. Don't get me started on how your beloved Varrs started by stamping "Made in Japan" and "Forged" in their wheels faking the funk. If your butt hurt that we point them out to be fakes... deal with it.
Idc if ur pointing them out that they are fakes because it is completely obvious that they are. only a complete idiot wouldnt be able to tell the difference. im just saying that some people just ball on a budget thats all. im not butt hurt that you hating on reps. im just pointing out the obvious. im not backing up any of these wheels. and Varrs is not my "beloved" btw. so dont go thinking i love Varrs because i dont, i just have them because im just a college guy getting through college and dont have that kind of money to burn on Volks. i just roll around town and wutknot. no racing or drifting. just simply a daily driver. and like i have said before, i have heard that this forum is known to be filled with snobby owners with high standards and this is a good example. just because your probably older than i am and have a good job doesnt mean you should hate on others who just love the car for wut it is. Thats why we are all here right? sometimes people here get over their heads. it isnt a competition or a beauty contest for who has the nicest car and how expensive the bells and whistles that we put on it. just appreciate the car for wut it is. thats all im saying. haters gonna hate and i know that. and im looking forward to hearing your remarks
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJVinny350z
Finally got some pics to show.

we twins!

too bad Varrstoen wasnt around when i picked these up back in the days, could've saved some dollaz! need a lil bit more low like yours

Last edited by ALO8; 04-08-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Idc if ur pointing them out that they are fakes because it is completely obvious that they are. only a complete idiot wouldnt be able to tell the difference. im just saying that some people just ball on a budget thats all. im not butt hurt that you hating on reps. im just pointing out the obvious. im not backing up any of these wheels. and Varrs is not my "beloved" btw. so dont go thinking i love Varrs because i dont, i just have them because im just a college guy getting through college and dont have that kind of money to burn on Volks. i just roll around town and wutknot. no racing or drifting. just simply a daily driver. and like i have said before, i have heard that this forum is known to be filled with snobby owners with high standards and this is a good example. just because your probably older than i am and have a good job doesnt mean you should hate on others who just love the car for wut it is. Thats why we are all here right? sometimes people here get over their heads. it isnt a competition or a beauty contest for who has the nicest car and how expensive the bells and whistles that we put on it. just appreciate the car for wut it is. thats all im saying. haters gonna hate and i know that. and im looking forward to hearing your remarks
Just go with what you can afford as a student and ignore what others think about it. Don't waste time explaining why you made that choice because everyone knows. "Price"
Old 04-08-2012, 08:10 AM
juicenigk

troll
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Back on topic please, we all know these are replica's and are not the same quality as the originals

No reason to debate that fact
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

You've already asked that question and if your looking at Varrs, weight isn't that important to you.
Just poked in this thread and this post made me LOL big time. I don't think you have the slightest clue as to just HOW HEAVY most of your beloved volks are. Most and especially the two piece ones are in the low to MID 20lb range for a 9.5-10.5 inch wide wheel. Other than a select few single piece volks CE, TE, etc, that is the norm. Mid 20lbs is not much different than most 19in varrstoens (24-26lbs range roughly). A significantly smarter decision would be to invest in some 2 piece rotors where you would save 5-7lbs per corner in rotational mass and if you actually care about performance you would see a significant improvement in brake temps and pad life on the track. But whatever bro you've got like 6000 posts, so you've gotta be right dawg

disclamer: I am in no part affiliated with varrstoen or any other wheel company however I am a big fan of logical thinking...something I feel is in desperately short supply on this forum and unfortunately inversely proportional to the average value of a used 350z.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Toby-22

So just bcs your a college student who's young we should accept that its ok to run cheap parts on our cars? So where does the line end? If you put ebay parts from wheels to exhaust to bodykits, should we just accept it soley bcs your a college student? get real man, most guys here have a lot of respect for their cars and they dont want to see it go to ****. And i think we need "snobby" members here and there. If it werent for them, the Z would turn into the next 240 (which i think it already has).

Im not hating on varrs, i actually like them even tho ill never put them on my car. However, making excuses that your a young guy in college is kind of lame. If your in college with little money, then leave your damn car alone lol. If your gonna buy varrs, do so bcs you absolutely dont care about the quality, weight, or name. BTW, i was 21 in college when i got my first set of volks. I didnt rush, i waited and saved. Took care of whats more important like paying for classes etc, to something less important which were respected quality wheels i can be truely proud of.

Last edited by Toby-22; 04-08-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by Row2K
Just poked in this thread and this post made me LOL big time. I don't think you have the slightest clue as to just HOW HEAVY most of your beloved volks are. Most and especially the two piece ones are in the low to MID 20lb range for a 9.5-10.5 inch wide wheel. Other than a select few single piece volks CE, TE, etc, that is the norm. Mid 20lbs is not much different than most 19in varrstoens (24-26lbs range roughly). A significantly smarter decision would be to invest in some 2 piece rotors where you would save 5-7lbs per corner in rotational mass and if you actually care about performance you would see a significant improvement in brake temps and pad life on the track. But whatever bro you've got like 6000 posts, so you've gotta be right dawg

disclamer: I am in no part affiliated with varrstoen or any other wheel company however I am a big fan of logical thinking...something I feel is in desperately short supply on this forum and unfortunately inversely proportional to the average value of a used 350z.
Well has varrs come out with 2piece volk reps? Bcs real TE/CE weigh in under ~20lbs in Z sizes. If varrs came out with 2piece volk reps, im pretty sure they'll weigh a lot more than 24lbs (which you call heavy). Dont compare TE reps with the heaviest set of volks out lol.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby-22
Well has varrs come out with 2piece volk reps? Bcs real TE/CE weigh in under ~20lbs in Z sizes. If varrs came out with 2piece volk reps, im pretty sure they'll weigh a lot more than 24lbs (which you call heavy). Dont compare TE reps with the heaviest set of volks out lol.
Volk TE37 19x8.5:

Volk TE37 19x10.5:

And just for kicks:

Volk ME 19x8.5 (also forged and single piece)

Volk ME 19x9.5

In essence, my point is, that if you are in fact looking for weight savings by purchasing volk rims vs for example varrstoens, you will see savings of 2lbs, maybe 4lbs max. Now factoring in the cost of the wheels, it becomes relatively clear as to why one might consider alternate routes to get the best bang for his weight loss buck. However this changes nothing as the status quo thinking is and most likely will remain at least on this forum volk=gods greatest gift to mankind and therefore factual weight numbers need not apply.

Also please point out to me specifically where I claim 24lbs is heavy for a rim
Old 04-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Toby-22

cool, now can you post pics of varrs with similar size on a scale? Like i said i wasnt hating on these reps, i was just against comparing TE reps weight with 2piece volks weight. Which you in fact did in your other post.

and sure ~5lbs isnt a lot to a lot of people, but to those that want the most out of their car its well worth it. Stronger, lighter, and more exclusive wheels. And im not gonna lie, a lot has to do with the name. But thats part of the deal in the real world, armani, rolex, jordans etc. You pay primarily for the name. Fakes are out there, but knowing you have the real deal makes it all worth it.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Row2K

If you want to talk rotational mass, I rather have 3-4 pound lighter wheels than 5-7 pound lighter rotors. Just sayin
Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM
SuperBlack350z

i made up for weight by putting super stretched tires on the new varrsteons, lol.

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Wheels Thread