Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Varrstoen Wheels Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a thick layer of pollen and dust on my car, haven't washed it in two months. took some quick pics, im going to wait for the sun to set before washing it later. hope these will do. no spacers used.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:05 PM
1991ls13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hellllllooooo brakes ^^^^^^
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 PM
secwind

Originally Posted by Row2K

In essence, my point is, that if you are in fact looking for weight savings by purchasing volk rims vs for example varrstoens, you will see savings of 2lbs, maybe 4lbs max. Now factoring in the cost of the wheels, it becomes relatively clear as to why one might consider alternate routes to get the best bang for his weight loss buck. However this changes nothing as the status quo thinking is and most likely will remain at least on this forum volk=gods greatest gift to mankind and therefore factual weight numbers need not apply.

Also please point out to me specifically where I claim 24lbs is heavy for a rim
Varrs 19x10.5

Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
there is a thick layer of pollen and dust on my car, haven't washed it in two months. took some quick pics, im going to wait for the sun to set before washing it later. hope these will do. no spacers used.

looks good, now get darker tints and get rid of those mud flaps! Oh and slap on a 5mm out back
Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 PM
secwind

nvm stupid question

Last edited by secwind; 04-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Volk TE37 19x8.5:

Volk TE37 19x10.5:

And just for kicks:

Volk ME 19x8.5 (also forged and single piece)

Volk ME 19x9.5

In essence, my point is, that if you are in fact looking for weight savings by purchasing volk rims vs for example varrstoens, you will see savings of 2lbs, maybe 4lbs max. Now factoring in the cost of the wheels, it becomes relatively clear as to why one might consider alternate routes to get the best bang for his weight loss buck. However this changes nothing as the status quo thinking is and most likely will remain at least on this forum volk=gods greatest gift to mankind and therefore factual weight numbers need not apply.

Also please point out to me specifically where I claim 24lbs is heavy for a rim
Ok I've had:

BBS RGR's
BBS LM's
Work VS-XX
Enkei RPF1

RGR's were the lightest rims I've owned in a 19"... I picked up the TE's because they fit my BBK better(Akebono at the time of purchase) and now because of my Endless set up... +12 offset is almost a must.

Originally Posted by Rouse350z
Idc if ur pointing them out that they are fakes because it is completely obvious that they are. only a complete idiot wouldnt be able to tell the difference. im just saying that some people just ball on a budget thats all. im not butt hurt that you hating on reps. im just pointing out the obvious. im not backing up any of these wheels. and Varrs is not my "beloved" btw. so dont go thinking i love Varrs because i dont, i just have them because im just a college guy getting through college and dont have that kind of money to burn on Volks. i just roll around town and wutknot. no racing or drifting. just simply a daily driver. and like i have said before, i have heard that this forum is known to be filled with snobby owners with high standards and this is a good example. just because your probably older than i am and have a good job doesnt mean you should hate on others who just love the car for wut it is. Thats why we are all here right? sometimes people here get over their heads. it isnt a competition or a beauty contest for who has the nicest car and how expensive the bells and whistles that we put on it. just appreciate the car for wut it is. thats all im saying. haters gonna hate and i know that. and im looking forward to hearing your remarks
Not even worth my time.

Just poked in this thread and this post made me LOL big time. I don't think you have the slightest clue as to just HOW HEAVY most of your beloved volks are. Most and especially the two piece ones are in the low to MID 20lb range for a 9.5-10.5 inch wide wheel. Other than a select few single piece volks CE, TE, etc, that is the norm. Mid 20lbs is not much different than most 19in varrstoens (24-26lbs range roughly). A significantly smarter decision would be to invest in some 2 piece rotors where you would save 5-7lbs per corner in rotational mass and if you actually care about performance you would see a significant improvement in brake temps and pad life on the track. But whatever bro you've got like 6000 posts, so you've gotta be right dawg

disclamer: I am in no part affiliated with varrstoen or any other wheel company however I am a big fan of logical thinking...something I feel is in desperately short supply on this forum and unfortunately inversely proportional to the average value of a used 350z.
Originally Posted by secwind
Varrs 19x10.5

You were saying? Logical thinking requires facts which you've yet to prove, even Hitler thought he was thinking logical... doesn't make him right. 6000 posts? No the fact I've probably owned more wheels on my Z than you'll own in a lifetime, not to mention other wheels I've had on my Honda's and Lexus.

All I'm saying and all I've been saying is this... there are other solid alternatives to Varrs. Some people can't afford Volks or don't care to save up for a set... I understand. I don't walk around in everyone's media share threads saying their set up sucks because they have Varrs.

According to your "logic" maybe I've made the "smartest" decisions... Endless 6/4pots w/2 piece rotors(Front and rear) and my TE's.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Looks good homie... glad your back in the game.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
You were saying? Logical thinking requires facts which you've yet to prove, even Hitler thought he was thinking logical... doesn't make him right. 6000 posts? No the fact I've probably owned more wheels on my Z than you'll own in a lifetime, not to mention other wheels I've had on my Honda's and Lexus.

All I'm saying and all I've been saying is this... there are other solid alternatives to Varrs. Some people can't afford Volks or don't care to save up for a set... I understand. I don't walk around in everyone's media share threads saying their set up sucks because they have Varrs.

According to your "logic" maybe I've made the "smartest" decisions... Endless 6/4pots w/2 piece rotors(Front and rear) and my TE's.
YES, I was saying. You've proven absolutely nothing other than confirm what I said in my earlier post where i claimed you will save up to 4lbs. (if you really want to be **** then yes i'll admit i was off by a little over 1lb...whopping i know).

And now that you had your opportunity to flaunt your 6/4 pot 2piece rotor setup, which admittedly is a nice setup. May I ask if you purchased it for the weight saving? Do you track your car? Did you go beyond the capabilities of your stock setup on the track? Did you experience fade on your oem setup, try different pads, different rotors?.....or was it simply the most "ballin" looking setup you could afford. I bet it looks awesome hardparked....
Old 04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

YES, I was saying. You've proven absolutely nothing other than confirm what I said in my earlier post where i claimed you will save up to 4lbs. (if you really want to be **** then yes i'll admit i was off by a little over 1lb...whopping i know).

And now that you had your opportunity to flaunt your 6/4 pot 2piece rotor setup, which admittedly is a nice setup. May I ask if you purchased it for the weight saving? Do you track your car? Did you go beyond the capabilities of your stock setup on the track? Did you experience fade on your oem setup, try different pads, different rotors?.....or was it simply the most "ballin" looking setup you could afford. I bet it looks awesome hardparked....
The classic moment when a knock off fan boy baits someone into justifying their purchase of authentic, quality parts.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I actually haven't been able to get to the track, I'm only in the US 3-6 months a year and travel abroad. I had issues with the supercharger install so I couldn't make it to any events but yes the Z will see some track time. As for the brakes... I went from an 04 OEM set up to an Akebono which looked nice, didn't meet my standard. The HKS Endless set up popped up in the classifieds and I picked them up, I was looking for the StopTech Trophy kit or a set of mono Brembo's.

I'm a firm believer of doing it right the first time... I didn't when I picked up the Akebono's and saved for something nicer. If a set of Varrs cost $900-$1000 then I have to go through the trouble of buying additional brake pieces to compensate for weight or get a Sportline TE.6 which are a tad heavier than a Volk and built better than a Varrs. My FI set up will exceed my OEM brake set up... I didn't need to put it on the track to figure that out.

Hard parked?

Name:  DSC_0007-3.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0038.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  184.4 KB
Old 04-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Rouse350z

Originally Posted by Toby-22
So just bcs your a college student who's young we should accept that its ok to run cheap parts on our cars? So where does the line end? If you put ebay parts from wheels to exhaust to bodykits, should we just accept it soley bcs your a college student? get real man, most guys here have a lot of respect for their cars and they dont want to see it go to ****. And i think we need "snobby" members here and there. If it werent for them, the Z would turn into the next 240 (which i think it already has).

Im not hating on varrs, i actually like them even tho ill never put them on my car. However, making excuses that your a young guy in college is kind of lame. If your in college with little money, then leave your damn car alone lol. If your gonna buy varrs, do so bcs you absolutely dont care about the quality, weight, or name. BTW, i was 21 in college when i got my first set of volks. I didnt rush, i waited and saved. Took care of whats more important like paying for classes etc, to something less important which were respected quality wheels i can be truely proud of.
I'm not saying this u guys have to accept that some people lke to run cheap parts.and I do not run cheap parts btw. The only place I went cheap on was rims. My exhaust, coilovers, and other suspension components are eBay or low end brand products. And I just graduated high school last year so I'm only 18. And I'm just getting started with my Z. I just roll in it for fun. No racing. No drifting. None of that. Just simply daily drive it, but have it look clean. And I am in the process of ordering some works s1r's at the moment I'm just deciding on offsets and sizes right now. And I am NOT MAKING EXCUSES because I'm a college kid. I've only had the car for a few months. Just see wut I will have done to it when i have had it for a year. Then talk ****. But either way I could care less about wut u members think about running these varrs because they are perfectly good for daily driving.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I actually haven't been able to get to the track, I'm only in the US 3-6 months a year and travel abroad. I had issues with the supercharger install so I couldn't make it to any events but yes the Z will see some track time. As for the brakes... I went from an 04 OEM set up to an Akebono which looked nice, didn't meet my standard. The HKS Endless set up popped up in the classifieds and I picked them up, I was looking for the StopTech Trophy kit or a set of mono Brembo's.

I'm a firm believer of doing it right the first time... I didn't when I picked up the Akebono's and saved for something nicer. If a set of Varrs cost $900-$1000 then I have to go through the trouble of buying additional brake pieces to compensate for weight or get a Sportline TE.6 which are a tad heavier than a Volk and built better than a Varrs. My FI set up will exceed my OEM brake set up... I didn't need to put it on the track to figure that out.
I hope you will find some time to put your car on the track. I'm convinced you will discover a great deal of newfound knowledge about your parts and how they work (or not) together....I sure did. Good luck and have fun.

-Mario
Old 04-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I hope you will find some time to put your car on the track. I'm convinced you will discover a great deal of newfound knowledge about your parts and how they work (or not) together....I sure did. Good luck and have fun.

-Mario
I think I'll be good with my set up... Thanks anyway.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard parked?

After seeing the picture of your car, I like the lug nuts you are running with your Volks. By the way, nice looking Z! I thouht I saw the chrome finish lugs from Rays, but most I see are colored or black, which I don't prefer. My Z is silverstone color, so I think silver/chrome finish or a gunmetel color lug nuts would go well with silver colored Volks. I guess black would be OK, but I don't prefer black lug nuts. Which lug nuts are you running? Thanks in advance for any help here.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 AM
NJVinny350z

My newest pic.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 AM
berserker6

Specs on the rims/tires/suspension? Looks sharp by the way
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Amirs350z

Hard parked?

Delicious
Old 04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
Delicious
Thanks

Originally Posted by ZROCM
After seeing the picture of your car, I like the lug nuts you are running with your Volks. By the way, nice looking Z! I thouht I saw the chrome finish lugs from Rays, but most I see are colored or black, which I don't prefer. My Z is silverstone color, so I think silver/chrome finish or a gunmetel color lug nuts would go well with silver colored Volks. I guess black would be OK, but I don't prefer black lug nuts. Which lug nuts are you running? Thanks in advance for any help here.
Chrome Volk shorties...
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
ZROCM

Thanks

Chrome Volk shorties...
Thanks! I thought I saw that Rays listed these Volk shorties in a Chrome finish - awesome.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by ZROCM
Thanks! I thought I saw that Rays listed these Volk shorties in a Chrome finish - awesome.
They're a solid set up... they come with a lock too. I wanted shorties in the event someone wanted my wheels more than I do. They'd really F up the wheels trying to get these out... I'm looking for a set of Formulas but these will do. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Wheels Thread