Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Painted my stock rims black + brake calipers :D red

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
BrandonHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too shabby as far as the wheels are concerned, job well done! Gotta on the calipers tho. The silver is great as is but too each his own. Get some Brembo or Stoptech stickers and slap them up there and they might give you +2 to Stopping... that was a joke btw don't attempt.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
JDM555

I'm not understanding why so many people are crying about this. It's just like the other hundred people who painted their stockers rattle can black. So what? And if you don't like his red calipers, then that's your opinion. OP, if you like it, good for you. It's just some people on the forum like to ***** and complain if they don't see the "Volk" sticker on the rim. Brand ****** who think money grows off of trees. /Rant.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't understand the criticism of the red calipers. I painted mine red about 5 years ago and I think the look great. I guess it's whatever floats your boat.
Attached Thumbnails Painted my stock rims black + brake calipers :D red-wheel-small.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I don't understand the criticism of the red calipers. I painted mine red about 5 years ago and I think the look great. I guess it's whatever floats your boat.
Looks like your caliper paint came out pretty good but rims lol
Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
canucme

lol!!!! look what flaots ur boat.. cheap tires, rims, brake disks. hahah
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
canucme

lol ur very cheap mister
Old 10-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Nick-VTR

I like the wheel offsets.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wheels look good man. i couldnt stand looking at the ugly silver finish of mine so I did the same thing. The calipers really dont matter.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 PM
VPL-Z

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
It's pretty much self explanatory but I'll use the kid gloves with you since you want answers. The 350z calipers look like hemorrhoids with corn lodged in the middle so you don't want to do anything to attract attention to them. By you painting those abominations red you are just asking for people to mistake your car for a civic. Paint them black or some shade of gray and be done with it. As for the rattle can job, I think your wheels looked better stock but that's a personal preference so I wont' knock you for that.

I would suggest growing thick skin here (you seem to be faring pretty well so far) because we can be a tough crowd. Research the site and ask questions but more importantly, have fun.
Haha well put my friend, observation noted.. And yeah I'm pretty thick-skinned lol I grew up dealing with racism and backstabbing friends so I don't really care much for what people have to say unless it's constructive or complimentary.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Great job on the wheels!

the calipers being painted red is faking the funk, and you knew this...

paint them a dark grass so you at least have contrass, and if you do the same job on them as you did your wheels...your in for a treat....
Thanks a lot man! And actually that dark grass sounds like a good idea, I'll try it out in the future.

Originally Posted by Bumble Z
im feeling the wheels thats a nice looking color but as mentioned just get ur self of real bbk painted calipers do look chee-Z
Thanks so much bro! And lol I see what you did there.

Originally Posted by zerafian
Shoulda gone with some springs and 30mm spacers for the front and rear. That woulda set the car off a lot more.
Yeah trust me man, I'm going for them spacers next, I need those badd...

Originally Posted by SA Z-boi
Yes definetly invest in some spacers a.s.a.p.

The paint on the stock rim doenst look bad.

I wouldnt have painted my calipers red. Ive painted my calipers but I just painted them black which looks good in my opinion. If you going to paint your calipers either go with a black or just respray them silver.
I will lol, and thanks.

Originally Posted by al@phatrides
Wheels look good!
Thank you buddy!

Originally Posted by russelh15
Wheels came out nice! Calipers look pretty cheesy tho :-\

Where in NY are you from? We should meet up sometime if you're in the tristate. Got a couple other Z peeps from around the area too.
Zaperroni speaks the truth lol, where are you from?

Originally Posted by zaperroni
^ he's from westchester

The guys here are ruthless vin lol
Butttt: spacers and lowering
Ayyy my main man lol, how you doin'? And yeah I knew they were even before I registered haha, when's our next meet gonna be?
And yes I will definitely get the spacers, but lowering=impractical for me because I have enough problems as it is with scraping. I live in a really hilly area, my school's parking lot has speed bumps, and a lot of my friends' driveways are ridiculous steep...

Originally Posted by BrandonHeat
Not too shabby as far as the wheels are concerned, job well done! Gotta on the calipers tho. The silver is great as is but too each his own. Get some Brembo or Stoptech stickers and slap them up there and they might give you +2 to Stopping... that was a joke btw don't attempt.
Thanks Brandon, and lmao damn it you ruined my next mod.... (sarcasm)

Originally Posted by JDM555
I'm not understanding why so many people are crying about this. It's just like the other hundred people who painted their stockers rattle can black. So what? And if you don't like his red calipers, then that's your opinion. OP, if you like it, good for you. It's just some people on the forum like to ***** and complain if they don't see the "Volk" sticker on the rim. Brand ****** who think money grows off of trees. /Rant.
LOL thanks for the support, and I welcome your rant as I am somebody with a small, limited amount of money.

Yeah I don't think they look as bad as everyone is claiming lol, but like people have said, to each their own.

Originally Posted by ZS14
Wheels look good man. i couldnt stand looking at the ugly silver finish of mine so I did the same thing. The calipers really dont matter.
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the compliment! Neither could I, which is why my friend and I finally dedicated a day to do them lol. Next up is to purchase a Nismo V-2 Front Bumper from my friend in the next few weeks, have it painted then install it ourselves. I got a really good deal on the bumper as well..
Old 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Bloodtype:Z

Good attitude towards the haters man! It's your car who gives a **** what anyone else thinks!!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM
JDMStanced

This thread is sky shooting without no further pics lol
Old 10-27-2010, 02:59 AM
VPL-Z

Originally Posted by Bloodtype:Z
Good attitude towards the haters man! It's your car who gives a **** what anyone else thinks!!
Hahaha thanks a lot bro, you got the right way of thinking!

Originally Posted by 350zRiot
This thread is sky shooting without no further pics lol
Lol what else do you want from me, my friend's garage won't be available for use until a week or two. BTW I am thinking of purchasing a used Nismo V-3 bodykit from my friend, so hopefully if that all goes well I'll post some pics up of that in a few weeks.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
kutnupe14

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the word your looking for is sinks.

As for the OP, I honestly like the wheels. I can't find fault with them at all. It's pimpin on a budget, and more importantly, it's not pretending to be something it's not (or as Kindbaby stated "fakin' the funk"). If a person rolled by mee with their wheels painted like that, there's nothing bad I would say....

...now the calips.... .....seriously man, that's some rice chit. You're not fooling anybody. The people that don't know, don't care, and the people that do know, will clown the hell out of you. It's not even the fact that you painted them. It's the fact that you painted them RED. Had you painted them black, purple, green or whatever, people would just assume you were trying to be unique. But since you painted them red, people are going to assume your tryin' to pan them off a BBs.

Final verdict: I'm a fan of the wheels, but not so much the calipers.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:59 PM
MannySRT8

I dont know man..the kid looks young...with school and a part time job..maybe thats all is budget allows him?The wheels dont look that bad at all...for $50.00 good job keep it up and stay in school
Old 11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
VPL-Z

Originally Posted by kutnupe14
I think the word your looking for is sinks.

As for the OP, I honestly like the wheels. I can't find fault with them at all. It's pimpin on a budget, and more importantly, it's not pretending to be something it's not (or as Kindbaby stated "fakin' the funk"). If a person rolled by mee with their wheels painted like that, there's nothing bad I would say....

...now the calips.... .....seriously man, that's some rice chit. You're not fooling anybody. The people that don't know, don't care, and the people that do know, will clown the hell out of you. It's not even the fact that you painted them. It's the fact that you painted them RED. Had you painted them black, purple, green or whatever, people would just assume you were trying to be unique. But since you painted them red, people are going to assume your tryin' to pan them off a BBs.

Final verdict: I'm a fan of the wheels, but not so much the calipers.
Thanks man I like the way you put all of that. My friend suggested I painted the calipers yellow or bright blue before the calipers were painted red lol, and honestly I don't know what to do anymore since there is some overspray issues on the brake rotors and I see the red paint. My friend who did the calipers gave me all of this bullsh1t saying "Oh on your way home on big hills just hit the brakes really hard and it'll come off, don't worry about it".

Originally Posted by MannySRT8
I dont know man..the kid looks young...with school and a part time job..maybe thats all is budget allows him?The wheels dont look that bad at all...for $50.00 good job keep it up and stay in school
Lol thanks bro, I appreciate it! And don't worry I'm tryin' my best here to stay in school even though this damn car is slowly distracting me from my work and social life
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
zaperroni

You didn't take the calipers off to paint them???
Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Kuhan

I painted my stock calipers black just to keep them free from brake dust and rust.

Don't paint the calipers in bright colors. That just makes those tiny calipers look like ****.

Paint the calipers black to match your wheels. Good luck.

Last edited by Kuhan; 11-03-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
I painted my stock calipers black just to keep them free from brake dust and rust.

Don't paint the calipers in bright colors. That just makes those tiny calipers look like ****.

Paint the calipers black to match your wheels. Good luck.
You should paint them blue and put Endless stickers on them until you get your BBK installed.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I meant dark gray....
Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 PM
gvulakh

You did a good job on the wheels man. Duplicolor does make a paint specifically for wheels which is what I used. Bronze was my color of choice though.

As for the calipers, do whatever makes you happy. I was thinking about painting mine grey or black.

Quick Reply: Painted my stock rims black + brake calipers :D red