Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Aggressive look help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
kazeron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggressive look help

Hello, I dont usually make posts but i really would like some advice. If i put this in the wrong place or asked a question that has already been answered i apologize in advance, i looked and couldent find any helpful information that i didnt already know.

So heres the deal, i love the look of hellaflush cars, i would like to have it on my Z but not that extreme, Currently i'm on rims that are 19s, 9.0 15mm in the front and 10.0 22mm offset in the rear. I put 25mm spacers and rolled the fenders in the back. My tire sizes are 245/35 in the front and 245/40 in the rear. Last thing to know is im not fully dropped in the front because if i drop it anymore my tire will bend my fender out, but does stretching tires allow you to go lower? In the rear im maxed out on stance, i cannot go any lower, and it doesnt look quite impressive to me

These are my questions: 1) Am i able to put a 15mm spacer in the front with no issues (seems the fenders are rolled by the factory)
2) My rear isent as aggressive as i'd like but what would i do to make it more aggressive?
3) Should I stretch my tires to help anything out? What if i put the front tires in the back and then replaced the front tires for a smaller size? Would that work? I know nothing of stretching.
4) Is this all impossible unless i got different rims?

Here are pictures of my Z now.

Front with the small gap

Rear flushed to tire

I really like the white Z on this page, his stance is something i would like. https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...their-car.html

Once again i apologize if im doing this wrong and would like advice on how i can have a more aggressive stance using the set up i have now. Advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
fatboy.yoshi

replace the rears with the 245/35, get 225/35's for the fronts, and might want to add another 10mm spacer, ur running mild, looks decent tho.

if u want to go lower, drop that preload in the rear
Old 11-10-2010, 05:22 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Throw 225/40 fronts on (nice stretch) and 15mm spacer. Then in the rear, get a 30mm spacer. Add slight camber up front if needed.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
kazeron

preload? An fyi im running macpherson style (true coilovers i sopose) in the rear. So one suggestion is i can put my front tires in the rear, and then get smaller tires in the front for a good enough stretch, but then another for an even smaller size? Is that an extreme stretch? i dont want extreme stretch, just enough to get a nice hellaflush look. Is front camber adjustable in the front stock?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
kazeron

sorry for the meny questions, i just want to get this right.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 AM
ekidd

Originally Posted by fatboy.yoshi
replace the rears with the 245/35, get 225/35's for the fronts, and might want to add another 10mm spacer, ur running mild, looks decent tho.

if u want to go lower, drop that preload in the rear
^ what yoshi said
Old 11-11-2010, 05:09 AM
kazeron

alright, ill possibly buy those tires soon then yoshi, thanks for the advice everyone, ill post a pic of what its like after i get around to getting the tires
Old 11-11-2010, 05:13 AM
kazeron

oh also, should i possibly run more camber in the back? I forgot what i was at, but i think i may be around 2 degrees of negative camber in the rear, the front was never adjusted because its all stock there.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:31 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by kazeron
sorry for the meny questions, i just want to get this right.
If you put the front tires in the rear and get the 225/35 up front it will be part of the Hella lame crowd and you will have MORE fender gap and have to lower the car more front and rear. If you take my suggestion, you will have the proper height tires, more stretch up front, and you will be able to lower the front enought to match the rear.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The possibilities are beyond comprehension.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:53 AM
kazeron

well with your suggestion, you said to add 30mm in the back, i cant add any more without pulling the fenders and the rear is at max settings so i wont be able to lower anymore. Ive seen Zs with the hellaflush look without pulling fenders. True if i stretched the tires in the rear, i would create more of a gap, but i cant fill that gap by lowering, im pretty much on the ground. Is that where added camber comes in?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:03 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

As the suspension compresses you gain camber, and extra 5mm out back will be fine. You almost have to look perfect in the rear, the front is your big problem.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
sosojeffcc

rear looks good to me as is. but like terrasmak suggested, an extra 5mm would be nice. if you rub, give it a little more camber. front needs work
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you should sell these wheels and buy a set that would look better stretched and cambered.

Even with spacers these wheels have too conservative a design IMO
Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 PM
4DGS

Wow, you didn't even get shredded. Am I driver or my350?

I would recommend buying new wheels with more appropriate offsets. The goal with Zs and G coupes is 0 offsets are trump cards. Starting with wheels with offsets in the double digits and trying to go negative is pretty tough I hate using spacers bigger than 25mm and my rule of thumb is usually if I 20 won't make them fit, then they're the wrong wheels.

For now take those suggestion, but soon enough you'll want more. More low, More stretch, more poke, more camber. So be prepared for you're never ending search for wheels. (this will be an on going thing that will last you the life of the car)
Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get some Varr-Dawgs to play with for the meantime so you can get a feel for what your are trying to accomplish... They are cheap and come with low offsets... I'm running 10.5 all around with 245/35/19 federals....

Also, you have to buy the neccessary suspension comp. to have the adjustability to setup the wheels/tires rite...

Do a lot of research, and you will learn a lot quick!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
BoomerZ33

invest in lower offset wheels. i wouldn't want to rely too much on spacers and slamming it to the ground to achieve perfect stance. adjust your front and rear camber accordingly as well.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
kazeron

I'm aware better rims would make this much easier, thats why i ask for the best suggestions to make this work with the crap rims i have right now, economy is bad and ive made alot of cuts, i just want this to look half decent without spending tons of cash. Ive already dumped all my money into the coilovers and camer/toe arms. The idea of putting the front tires to the back and getting smaller tires for the front sounds nice since my rears are bald. If it'll work for the mean time I'll do it. Once i get more money in the future, I'll go for the suggestion of getting better rims with more aggressive offsets, but for now, this is what im dealing with. So possibly within the next week or so, i'll take the advice yoshi gave me, i'll get 2 new tires and stretch everything
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
sdZ33

Just to let you know, it ain't cheap trying to go "hellaflush"... Even with crap/cheap rims, there is still a price to pay...(coilovers, camber/toe arms, spacers, tires, even alignments to get the final adjustments done.)
Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 PM
deftoneZ

Do what Yoshi said. If there's anyone to listen to for this kind of look its him. What he said will get you on the right track.

I'll echo what others said about getting differant wheels later tho. Shoot for as close to a 0 offset as you can and try to get something around at least 10 wide up front and 11 wide out back while you're at it.

Quick Reply: Aggressive look help