Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

**New Euro-Tuned Suspention for 2004???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 02:20 PM
maserom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question **New Euro-Tuned Suspention for 2004???

According to the Nov 24th issue of autoweek the "2004 z's have adopted a Euro-Tuned suspension setup for all 350z's, a handling setup that Nissan says provides a much better ride and better overall suspension compliance." Can anyone comment on what exactly has changed from 2003.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2003, 03:22 PM
tylerdurden

I have not heard about a suspension change but it doesn't surprise me. Alot of peope complaining of a bounce problem on the 2003. I'm not sure I agree. Rides like a true sports car is suppose to. I had a Mitsu. 3000gt that I lowered with an Eibach Pro-kit. That was a brutal ride. Handled nice... but if you hit even a small bump it felt like the damn doors were comin off.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:26 PM
ss350

Default haha

yea i had a 3000gt lowered with intrax springs...wow, that was the stiffest ride i've ever been in. You could've felt a freakin pebble on the rode. After driving that, the Z isn't that bad.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:54 AM
jpc350

Default Euro Suspension

Recently had a conversation with the NNA rep about whether my car 04 Touring (7/03)had the so-called new Euro Suspension. She said all 04's built in 7/03 and later will have the new system..

I asked to specifically tell me what hardware changes were made to the Suspension System and she reading from a sheet stated 1. A new multilink support frame 2.New springs 3. New shocks

Further pushed her to tell me how does Nissan know this will solve the problem i.e what testing did they perform , how many miles, road condition etc..She says she does not have that info...

Keeping my fingers crossed they know what caused the problem and that they have applied the right corrective action...
Old 11-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Brad4rdHay

The Japaneese tuners in Nissan's European division are responsible for the changes.

Apperently they used the long, open roads of Germany to test steering feel and high speed stablity, and the smaller, less groomed roads of Brittian to test its quickness, and its compliance. This is all from the EVO Magazine review of the European 350z. They said the new suspension is more compliant that the US/JDM spec cars they driven. It corners the same, but exibits alot more "class."
Old 11-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Brad4rdHay

The Japaneese tuners in Nissan's European division are responsible for the changes.

Apperently they used the long, open roads of Germany to test steering feel and high speed stablity, and the smaller, less groomed roads of Brittian to test its quickness, and its compliance. This is all from the EVO Magazine review of the European 350z. They said the new suspension is more compliant that the US/JDM spec cars they driven. It corners the same, but exibits alot more "class."

BTW, do shocks supress roll any. I know springs (workig with anti-roll bars) do, but will taughter shocks help supress body lean. I ask because the Euro Z has tighter springs, but softer "impact" tuning of the shocks.