Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

VIP Status Wheels Issue #2 or more

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 PM
AbgYak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been checking on Ricks' status every now & then expecting for a PM reply since last week... Rick havent logged on to the forums for 2 days now!!! What is he up to now??
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i apologize for not updating my end. i was to see Rick a couple weeks ago, but due to unforseen events that weekend, i couldnt make it.

It is true, they are relocating to a larger facility within the South Bay. I'm supposed to see him @ his restaurant he runs this friday, so i will inquire about everyone's missings refunds and try to get a status report.

sorry again for the lack of reply.

--cheston
Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
I'm supposed to see him @ his restaurant he runs this friday, so i will inquire about everyone's missings refunds and try to get a status report.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
AbgYak

I'm supposed to see him @ his restaurant he runs this friday, so i will inquire about everyone's missings refunds and try to get a status report.
--cheston
Can you possibly ask him to send me the tracking number for the items he claimed to be picked up by the shipping company last week? Im suppose to receive it from him last Friday... but until now, nothing, nada, zerooo, kaput!!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
It's apparent that the problem is NOT a manufacturing issue. I assume the info you "aren't at liberty to disclose" came from Rick That would explain why other vendors are able to get their customers product within the quoted time frame..

It's a money issue on Rick's end.. simple as that. Months ago when this thread came up the signs were all there and now it's more apparent than before. It also explains why these guys aren't getting their refunds on time. If the business was healthy and had proper cash flow these few refunds wouldn't be a problem. This also explains why there were extended order delays as I bet he wasn't even ordering wheels for his customers.. He was likely taking money from a new order to help pay for an existing one.. This type of situation eventually snowballs and you find yourself here... with lots of pissed off customers and no product to show

Let's list off the issues (and I'm probably missing some as I don't want to go back through the thread)

1. Order delays
2. Lack of communication
3. Lack of employees to give updates
4. Shop randomly closed during the week
5. VIP Status banned from my350z (likely not paying vendor renewal)
6. Phone lines down at shop (likely not paying phone bills, come on how often do phone lines just go down out of the blue )
7. No refunds for customers

Looks pretty clear to me but I'll let you guys be the judge
This is exactly what I've been thinking since page 1. Sadly... this is most likely the truth of the situation. Not saying Rick is a bad guy, or out to get anybody. I honestly believe he's doing everything he can to make things right, and EVENTUALLY will. But I think the simple fact of the matter is, he bit off more than he can chew. Robbed Peter to pay Paul, and now it's snowballing on him..
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 AM
AbgYak

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
But I think the simple fact of the matter is, he bit off more than he can chew. Robbed Peter to pay Paul, and now it's snowballing on him..
You're making me worried now.... I hope you're wrong on that... cause i just paid the full balance for my wheels to Rick last 3-4 weeks ago when he refunded back some of the guys (Hope its just a coincidence)... & now im not getting any response from Rick for quite a while after he said about giving me the tracking number...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by AbgYak
You're making me worried now.... I hope you're wrong on that... cause i just paid the full balance for my wheels to Rick last 3-4 weeks ago when he refunded back some of the guys (Hope its just a coincidence)... & now im not getting any response from Rick for quite a while after he said about giving me the tracking number...
Uhhh dude if you paid by credit card you should seriously file a chargeback TODAY. Save yourself the headache cause I can almost guarantee you nothing good is gonna come out of this. Only honest vendors I would recommend for buying wheels on here would be Ravspec, Z1, Fizz Auto., Forged Performance.

Or maybe find a vendor closer to you once you get your money returned. But I wouldn't wait, you said 3-4 weeks your just about at the limit to file fraudulent complaint.

http://www.rays-msc.com/html/rad.html

lawl sadly he probably refunded them with your money.

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 05-18-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 AM
iNi_REALiZED

+1 I would consider a chargeback before the 60 day limit.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
GQWEAPONX

Yea, I'm still waiting for my other refund from Rick. I sent him a email about it. But I'm gonna call him to see whats going on.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
fart_canon

this thread is sadness
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
AbgYak

Originally Posted by GQWEAPONX
Yea, I'm still waiting for my other refund from Rick. I sent him a email about it. But I'm gonna call him to see whats going on.
Hope he's answering the phone, cause ive been sending him tons of PMs without getting anything out from him... But i can see him going in/out of the 370forums quite a no of times for the past 2 days....
Old 05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
definitionxmk

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
lawl sadly he probably refunded them with your money.
This.

Chargeback, now. Trust me. I already know i'm SOL on this and I want to make sure no one else gets sucked into this long headache. If you can get out of it, do it... Once Rick and Status gets their **** together, then probably buy from them. Just right now, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially since you are still able to get your money back...

Good luck!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 PM
definitionxmk

Oh and thanks Cheston for checking up on everyone... I hope to hear solid good news and no more inflated BS from VIP STATUS. I'm totally passed PMing and calling as that's all I have been doing for months with no real reply (if any).

I'm going to see if my bank can do anything... I did purchase these wheels while on deployment 7 months ago!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 AM
billy02987

I was suppose to hear from him yesterday and got nothing. I tried calling a couple times too and of course no answer. As I was browsing the wheel section on the 370 I was reading the thread on there 2011 line and one of our other sponsors(non VIP employee) says that Rick is unavliable and to message him for pricing. So I tried hitting him up for answers and of course nothing.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

for those that want me to try to get an update in person, please pm me your full real name and your order date and what wheels you bought from them so i can get an update on your order.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
AbgYak

for those that want me to try to get an update in person, please pm me your full real name and your order date and what wheels you bought from them so i can get an update on your order.
PM Sent
Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
billy02987

Originally Posted by AbgYak
PM Sent
I left a message on his wall on the 370 like you, hopefully we could get some answers with all the inquiries.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM
billy02987

I started another thread on the 370z website.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:20 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Hope everything go as planned and that you'll be having dinner with Rick this evening. Thank you for your effort(s)

Let's hope Chebosto have some good news for y'all on your update/refund/wheels status.

GL everyone and have a great weekend!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Lee R

This is probably lame, but you should leave some feedback on YELP.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/status-autoworks-torrance-2

Quick Reply: VIP Status Wheels Issue #2 or more