Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
SUPERAWMIKEEEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, 11 X 3,000 to 5,000 = a lot! Rick took me off his fb, i wonder why? LOL

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Dan,

Thank you for the heads up... added
I was reading through Rick's wall post in his profile... turns out there are 2 more members kooj_1 and MYZ34 (11 total)

So, I PM'd them both letting them know about the Venaci wheel thread and that there are 9 others on the same boat as y'all are

Not sure if it'll help but it's worth a shot.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 AM
UnderMyWheels

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone have vips new shop address?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
GQWEAPONX

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been inactive, but I have trying to get a hold of Rick, but seems impossible now in days.

Can you guys refer to the 370z forums that everyone is talking on.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 PM
dan avoN7

I present to you exhibit B.

Originally Posted by Hen Eggs
Hoping to help you guys out here, because I can tell some of you aren't experienced in dealing with something like this:

FYI ... I'm an Insurance Fraud Investigator in PA and I can tell you that from my experience over the past 16 years in criminal / fraud investigations, this entire situation stinks. You folks need to organize and move forward to get these issues resolved asap, and you need some help (a CA attorney).

I personally spoke with him also about buying Venaci wheels and he was great to talk to .... promised a 8 - 10 wk. turnaround, etc. ... no problems. Never once mentioned any of the issues to me that I have discovered here. That's when I (fortuitously) stumbled across this thread.

Explain to me why he was getting right back to me via email within minutes / hours, and you guys haven't heard from him in weeks or months? I exchanged no less than 12 emails with him within a period of days right before I saw this thread. Include a phone call or two with that as well. At the same time, there were guys posting on this thread indicating they haven't heard from him in weeks despite contacting him regularly about their purchases. That is a problem. Even more so considering some of these orders are in the thousands of $.

Had I been one of you, I guarantee you I'd be in CA right now tracking him down with the assistance of either an attorney, or the police. You either need to get your money back ... or the products you purchased. Period. I would not let this stagnate any longer.

Originally Posted by GQWEAPONX
Can you guys refer to the 370z forums that everyone is talking on.
http://www. insert forum name here .com/wheels-tires/36759-venaci-wheels.html
Old 06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
fart_canon

Dan,

This is great info and we thank you for that. However taking Rick to court and winning the case don't mean chit because the judge will tell you "even if you win your case, collecting the money from the defendant is a whole different game".

I think at this point the clever thing to do is ride the wave and wait for either a partial refund or the product because taking Rick to court won't give you your money back even if you win your case (assuming Rick would file for BK).

The other part of this complicated story is warning others about this type of business and the consequences before the "victim's list" gets any longer.

Good luck to all and hope everything gets resolved by some type of miracle.

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
I present to you exhibit B.

http://www. insert forum name here .com/wheels-tires/36759-venaci-wheels.html
Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I just read the whole thread .

Note to self avoid VIP Status at all costs.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP-STATUS
Well first of all, for the group of people that are waiting for wheels, most of these wheels are coming out from Japan. Many of the wheels that are done are already inbound from Japan. From my correspondences, the wheels should be due to arrive near the end of June.
Not sure if the list applies to both 350z & 370z member or just one forum but according to Rick 'most' of the wheels should be here near the end of June. I know a few of you are waiting on partial refund and wayneside is waiting of 4 sets of wheels.

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
When I bought 2 used OEM front shocks off of Rick (I think it was back in January), he said he was moving shops. I don't think he's been moving for 5 months now. Also, the shocks I bought from him were already blown. I never posted this because he seemed to be a legit vendor with great products... I've tried to bite my tongue for too long now... I'm tired of seeing his excuses. I understand he has a life outside of VIP, but if all this is overwhelming him, he needs to close up shop and move on. Work IS life.
Another member have come to light :shakes head:

Originally Posted by Billy02987
Well, I finally got a response via e-mail. I was told my forged centers will be here any day, along with everyones order. He will have a date on Tuesday he says. Well see how it goes. I just want my wheels.
Originally Posted by abgyak
My Wheel Updates: All my Stuff are currently in Singapore waiting for the next 2hr flight to Brunei Wednesday afternoon... Since Friday is a weekend here in Brunei, looking forward to receive them by Saturday or earliest by Thursday evening after custom clearance... Hope all items are in place safe and secured!!
^^^ Billy's and abgyak's latest update.

Originally Posted by UnderMyWheels
does anyone have vips new shop address?
925 Van Ness Avenue. Torrance CA, 90501. Phone numbers the same.

Last edited by stogey420time; 06-07-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by fart_canon
This is great info and we thank you for that. However taking Rick to court and winning the case don't mean chit because the judge will tell you "even if you win your case, collecting the money from the defendant is a whole different game".

I think at this point the clever thing to do is ride the wave and wait for either a partial refund or the product because taking Rick to court won't give you your money back even if you win your case (assuming Rick would file for BK).

The other part of this complicated story is warning others about this type of business and the consequences before the "victim's list" gets any longer.

Good luck to all and hope everything gets resolved by some type of miracle.

The quote below was from a fellow my350z member and the quote below that is from a 370z member. They may have a chance if they present it as a jurisdictional issue

Rick said he doesn't come here anymore so the 370z forum is one option aside from phone & email in contacting him. GL to everyone involved!

only thing about a law suit is most attornies want 33.33% of anything recovered, also most attornies require a retainer and that is more up front out of pocket in advance, usually attornies find a settlement a quicker solution and easier solution for both parties, and a settlement means ( less than ) , lastly these things can drag on as well

not trying to discourage you , just going from past experience , i have sued and been sued

even if a judge says you win, it has nothing to do with collecting
What you posted in pretty much true (I'm a lawyer). But I was referring to jurisdictional issues.

Either way I am sure this will work out for everyone involved.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
sroks5

You can put me on that list of people waiting. I gave Rick my deposit (half the cost of wheels) back in Feb of 2010 for my 20" Work wheels. They never came after a year so I called and talked to him and he was going to make me some Venaci wheels for the same price. It was suppose to take him 4 weeks to build since it was being made locally. This was back in March 2011. I have been calling and emailing him for the last 2 weeks but no response and no answer. The level of service is riduculous.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
PrimeX

I gotta say, I have major respect for all of you guys who've patiently waited for so long for your rims. If I were in your position, I can guarantee I would not be so civil, I would be livid beyond belief.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by sroks5
You can put me on that list of people waiting. I gave Rick my deposit (half the cost of wheels) back in Feb of 2010 for my 20" Work wheels. They never came after a year so I called and talked to him and he was going to make me some Venaci wheels for the same price. It was suppose to take him 4 weeks to build since it was being made locally. This was back in March 2011. I have been calling and emailing him for the last 2 weeks but no response and no answer. The level of service is riduculous.
You are on it! I was about to take you off b/c you never post here. Glad you post but sux to hear you've been waiting since Feb. 2010

Originally Posted by stogey420time
GQweaponX - Wheels ordered Aug. 27 2009... requested a refund Aug. 2010 still waiting On 4/27 Rick send him a reply saying: he will go ahead and process the refund end of this week. "I really hope that he can pull through."
Abgyak - Wheels ordered Aug. 2010 and Rick said wheels will be with him today!! Post made on 4/27
Defitinitionxmk - promised delivered date mid to late Nov. 2010. Haven't post since 4/23
Undermywheel - was told to have them by the end of Nov. 2010. Haven't post since 4/06
wayneside - (5 sets) 1 set over a year, other four 8 months+
On 4/06 Rick called to let him know that some of his stuff will be here shortly. Made a post on 4/21, still waiting...
blackheart - waiting on Rick to paypal the difference as agreed earlier
sroks5 - been waiting since Feb. 2010
Kcee - never post but on post #346 quote sounds like he/she is involved... should take him/her off the list
billy - Rick verified wheels will be here early May
stylett9 - on 4/09 post #473 gave us some positive feedback during his visit with Rick but hasn't post since.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
SUPERAWMIKEEEY

Everybody, This is Ricks distributor:

HRS Enterprises

Harry Hayashi/Tim
265 10th St
San Francisco, CA 94103

(415) 861-2181

Call them up and see whats really going on. Have enough people call them so maybe they can "Push" the issue with Rick on the wheels!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
UnderMyWheels

thanks for the info.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder what's really going on, I have known these guys for quite some time now and can only guess that if they are having this much trouble keeping up with the business, something major must be happening outside of the business.

I firmly believe that they would not do something dishonest, but could imagine them getting into a bad situation.

Hoping for the best for the members here.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I wonder what's really going on, I have known these guys for quite some time now and can only guess that if they are having this much trouble keeping up with the business, something major must be happening outside of the business.
\/ this...

It's a money issue on Rick's end.. simple as that. Months ago when this thread came up the signs were all there and now it's more apparent than before. It also explains why these guys aren't getting their refunds on time. If the business was healthy and had proper cash flow these few refunds wouldn't be a problem. This also explains why there were extended order delays as I bet he wasn't even ordering wheels for his customers.. He was likely taking money from a new order to help pay for an existing one.. This type of situation eventually snowballs and you find yourself here... with lots of pissed off customers and no product to show

Last edited by stogey420time; 06-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
fart_canon

^^^ and not to mention Chebostos' comments about Rick owning or running a restaurant on the side, makes matters worse as he is robbing Paul to pay Peter
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by fart_canon
^^^ and not to mention Chebostos' comments about Rick owning or running a restaurant on the side, makes matters worse as he is robbing Paul to pay Peter
Old 06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
billy02987

My new update is my wheels should be here next Thursday, then shipping out a few days after. Since Rick doesn't come over here anymore, you guys should go make some noise on the 370z site. The threads called Venaci Wheels.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
UnderMyWheels

make noise on both forums. lol if anyones interested, a friend of mine been to the new vip status shop. its in gardena,bordering torrance. this is the address i believe on google maps.

VIP STATUS
1722 West 180th St.
Gardena,Ca

looks like its on the corner of 180th and Harvard. gate entrance facing 180th. have not been there yet, but i plan on dropping by. ill confirm it when i go there.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep calling his work and it keeps ringing... Anyone have a way to reach Rick?

Quick Reply: VIP Status Wheels Issue #2 or more