Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Putting work wheels to the test

Wheels are Work Gnosis GS4
19 x 9.5 +15 O Disk Front
19 x 11 + 10 O Disk Rear

So I wanted to put Work Wheels to the test.
I wanted to see how long it takes from the time of deposit to the Factory Authorized Distributor, to the time the wheels are in my hands the customer.

I dealt with Mark at Ravspec.
I placed the order with Mark on January 17th 2011,with a 30% deposit.
Work had the wheels made and ready to ship in 48 hours 2 days.
The wheels where confirmed as made and ready to ship on January 19th 2011.
The Wheels are in my hands today February 4th 2011.
I did pay extra for air freight from Japan so that did cut 3 weeks off the time, so by sea add 3 weeks.
THAT IS 19 DAYS FROM THE TIME OF DEPOSIT TO THE TIME I HAVE THEM NOW .

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS .

Work as a whole offers so many options, from custom offsets, to custom painted, anodized, & powder coated finishes. The finishes available are endless and are limited only by your imagination.

The 50 or so questions that I had given to Mark at Ravspec over the 19 day period where answered within the hour, and what he could not answer in the hour he answered within 24 hours, and those 24 hour responses where only due to him needing to get info from Work Japan.

Every single question regarding the process of what stage the wheels are in from production, to shipping, to tracking , to customs where accurate and speedy responses.

So anyone wanting Work wheels should buy with confidence , and worry free transactions do occur when choosing the right authorized vendor and I recommend RavSpec.

Very special thanks to WORK USA (AKH Trading) for arranging the entire process!!!!

All the information throughout the entire process with WORK Japan, WORK USA, RavSpec. was on the money, and a very satisfying experience. I am pleased as punch and the wheels are breathtaking.

www.ravspeconline.com/images/travis-1.jpg

www.ravspeconline.com/images/travis-2.jpg

Last edited by 350zspl; 02-04-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 AM
RavSpec
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Travis:

Thanks for putting up this post. We want to let everyone know that ordering WORK Wheels are not as complicated / long wait.

Most important - We always have direct communication with WORK factory and if something is out of stock or take longer than usual to produce, we will know right away and inform our customers.

As of now, 75% of the Spec / disk type and standard color for Varianza, Schwert, Gnosis series are in stock in Japan.

Custom color / spec usually only take 1.5 months to produce.

Mark.

Last edited by RavSpec; 02-04-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 AM
deftoneZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is kinda meh... delivery time really doesnt denote much as it can vary on sooo many factors like custom sizing, color, their shipping schedule, weather, location.. stock availability, etc

I dont see Work taking your money and laughing all the way home with it either.. they're a major wheel company.. so I dont really see the point of this. you woulda got your wheels.

that said.. I have an old set of Work Wheels and yes .. they are awesome. Good choice
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice wheels.

Mark, I'm going to send you an e-mail about another matter.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
RavSpec
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deftoneZ
This thread is kinda meh... delivery time really doesnt denote much as it can vary on sooo many factors like custom sizing, color, their shipping schedule, weather, location.. stock availability, etc

I dont see Work taking your money and laughing all the way home with it either.. they're a major wheel company.. so I dont really see the point of this. you woulda got your wheels.

that said.. I have an old set of Work Wheels and yes .. they are awesome. Good choice
Yes, custom wheels / color will take longer, but information are always available to check the "ACCURATE" delivery date. If the custom wheels need 3 months, that information will be available within first 2 week of putting in the order, not after 6 months and no information.

Last edited by RavSpec; 02-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 AM
RavSpec
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
Nice wheels.

Mark, I'm going to send you an e-mail about another matter.
email me ... mark@ravspeconline.com or call me 631-586-3520
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM
black_03

I'm sure the point of this thread is to show how quickly he received his wheels compared to others in this wheel section, such as myself. When you throwing them on? I like those
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Awesome thread imo.. At least we know how long it REALLY takes to get some wheels in from japan. Read all sorts of horror stories. People waiting longer than a yr... PLEASE.. Props to RavSpec for staying on top of their game..
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM
350zspl
Banned

clarify this " you woulda got your wheels " what do you mean exactely ?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
350zspl
Banned

Originally Posted by black_03
I'm sure the point of this thread is to show how quickly he received his wheels compared to others in this wheel section, such as myself. When you throwing them on? I like those
^^^^^^^^^^this and nothing more ^^^^^^^^^^^

going on tomorrow

Last edited by 350zspl; 02-04-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
AngelsVQ

Maybe they already had them made
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM
350zspl
Banned

^^^no sir they did not
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've ordered work wheels before which they had in stock and Rick from Status was able to get for me in 1 day! that's right 1 day. I've also ordered custom wheels from him before in which it took 7 months.There are a lot for ordering wheels. I really see no point in this thread. Everyone knows that ordering in stock wheels has a quick turnaround.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Blackheart

Congrats on getting your wheels man! im still dealing with Vipstatus....FML
Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
RavSpec
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvo
I've ordered work wheels before which they had in stock and Rick from Status was able to get for me in 1 day! that's right 1 day. I've also ordered custom wheels from him before in which it took 7 months.There are a lot for ordering wheels. I really see no point in this thread. Everyone knows that ordering in stock wheels has a quick turnaround.
Yeah, exactly, but this set wasn't in stock in US, it was custom offset make from scratch in Japan !!!!

Last edited by RavSpec; 02-04-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM
SUPERAWMIKEEEY

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Congrats on getting your wheels man! im still dealing with Vipstatus....FML
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
JS04

Originally Posted by dvo
Exactly. A good friend of mine ordered his custom vsxxs from a local shop here in town and it took him almost a year to get his wheels. I also know someone else that ordered Volk Time Attacks from the same place and it took little over a year. When I look at ordering wheels I always go in with the understanding 60-90 days for a wheel in stock and longer for one that is custom or out of stock.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Still waiting for my VSXX's... They'll be here in March.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Scoobywrx

Originally Posted by RavSpec
Yeah, exactly, but this set wasn't in stock in US, it was custom offset make from scratch in Japan !!!!
Where are all the backlogged VSXX's...Its easy to produce any wheel assuming the barrels and centers are in stock...

Originally Posted by RavSpec
Cool Story; but it was made from parts present in the barrel;
There's factual proof online for those that search with google using quotes on work wheel delays on certain designs. Many people now avoid getting VSXX's due to the delays and even the Varianza's (Some people on VIPstyleCar are going 4 months now) without their Varianzas and for the record none of the Varianza's were ordered from Rick or Status....

Last edited by Scoobywrx; 02-05-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Ummmmm the reason why it takes so long because Work doesn't ship one set of wheels at a time.... If they did they'd be more expensive. So they ship multiple orders in one shipment to alleviate the cost of shipping overseas. I ordered my VSXX's in Oct with custom offsets and colors from Work and the centers have to be made, painted, and assembled. I'll be getting mine in Feb or March... My buddy bought a set of Varianza's from them and he waited the same amount of time.

Quick Reply: Putting work wheels to the test